Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 471 ]  [ Total: 471 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 What is a "true" nudist?
 nudist or exhibitionist?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Varying Degrees of Lifestyle Topic  

jrinaman

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  01:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am new here, and new to the lifestyle. went to a local club on a cool day to avoid a large crowd (mostly for wifes insecurities) and we loved it. went back 2 weeks later for a 4 day stay and their was almost 1200 people. i instantly felt at home. the feeling is undescribable. i plan on returning regularly as i feel that i belonged there all along. there are concerns though. i have always been an exhibitionist. not a pervert flashing everyone, but always liked the risk of being caught in the nude. i have been to swingers/sex clubs after i divorced and that is NOT what i desire, it was fun at the time but nothing i care to do again. i do like looking at others and very much like others looking at me. all i have read tells me that isnt a true nudist. i dont want to cross the line at the nudist club, but still want to be an exhibitionist when i can. i am sure there are others that have liked both, where is the line drawn and how do you seperate the two?

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  09:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The line is very simple.
In a nudist/naturist venue, you are expect to respect others, and assume that they are not exhibitionists. We do not want to ogle or be ogled. So, mind your manners.
You can join a streakers or nude-in-public group that is more exhibitionist to learn more about them.

Safebare

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

jrinaman

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  2:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for response, but if it truely that simple, why are their clubs,resorts and forums? i can mind my manners and not ogle, i can see how that would be unwanted. but if you dont want to look or be looked at, why get together as a group? i dont wear a hat but never seeked other non hat wearers, i like to go barefoot but never looked for a shoes optional resort. i sleep nude, bathe nude and am nude in my home when able. i enjoy that as a nudist. going anywhere outside has a slight "exhibitionist" feel, so the line becomes not so simple for me to see. i will look for nude-in-public or streakers to express my non nudest activities and stay here for what nudism offers.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  10:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To a certain degree I feel looking and being looked at is normal. Now if you are getting aroused by seeing others or having others look at you then perhaps you are having some problems. I feel that there is an adjustment period for lots of new nudists. I was aware of a indescribable feeling of freedom and a sort of feeling of euphoria my first time. I will admit I do notice how others look but I don't stare or make comments though depending on the person that too may be appropriate. I remember being on the beach one time with a group of naturist friends and when one of the guys we had met walked away one of our group said man did you see that guy? He made us look like the Vienna Boys Choir! It was intended as a joke and we took it that way. So I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet give it some time I think you will find you have a lot more in common than you think.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Edited by - NudeAl on 09/25/2009 10:13:20 PM

jrinaman

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  12:12:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its not about getting aroused, at least not sexually. i was worried about that before going but it was actually opposite of what i expected. there was plenty of atractive women and i looked at them as well as the not so attractive, it really didnt matter. people looked at me too, fat, skinny, old, young, ugly and pretty, it was all the same to me. they was naked and so was i, what a rush! my wife and i talked about them and commented to each other, in private of course, but instead of talking about liking or disliking what they was wearing, we discussed how the people looked without tan lines, how they groomed their pubic hair and how all the bodies differed. i have seen 100 or so nude women in my entire life, i just saw 1200 nude people, probably 500 women in one weekend and didnt get sexually arroused from any of the nudists, yet it gave me an undescribable feeling. if they looked good or bad wasnt the point, but how they differred. and ya, i noticed how the men differed too. 45 years of worry over size and it doesnt matter any more, most were bigger, some was smaller, but i dont care now, we are all different and suddenly all the differences dont matter. i saw a younger women extremely obese and she was happy as can be and proud to be naked. i looked at her the same as i did the 20 yr old 110 lb girls. i didnt look at any of them in a sexual way, so being perfect meant nothing, just being nude.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  09:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
jrinaman,
You said it better than I have ever heard it said before, there's no dought you understand what it's all about. That undescribable feeling you talked about is the freedom from that sexual feeling you have had in the past. Your free of so many things, Clothes, Sexual feeling, Body shame, Worries, Stress, aperson could go on an on. The funny thing is no one can ever understand what we are talking about, unless they have ever done it themself. I too found it to be opposite of what I expected so we can't expect anyone to understand till they try it.

Diger

ßeachcomber
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  3:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It never fails to amuse me how many different roads we all take to arrive at the same place.

I've been a 'skinny dipper' since my early teens. I met my wife during the heady Hippy days of the late 60's. We survived the 'free love & wife swapping' era. We then grew into comfortable naturists and have raised children (and grandchildren) the same way.

Welcome JRINAMAN - just relax, it's all natural.

jrinaman

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  8:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i felt right at home when i visited club. reading some of the posts here had me wondering if my exhibitionist feelings was part of it. if anything, its harder to stair at a nude person.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  01:32:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jrinaman

Initially I wondered where you were going but a lot of what you explained was how I too have felt. It is a liberating feeling to be naked at the beach, swimming that way and strolling the beach. Its is a good feeling talking to others similar to yourself and knowing you feel OK and they too are comfortable with your approach. I too like to admire the naked form and don't mind being looked at but hopefully it's because I try to look after the vehicle I'm travelling in. The variety of the human body is quite amazing and if I could paint I would try to express this artistically.

There are not that many women at the beaches I frequent and that's disappointing, not from the ogling perspective, but maybe they have been hassled or felt uncomfortable and now stay away. The total numbers at these beaches have reduced since the 1980 / 1990's but certainly the number of females is less so we all need to be mindful of minding our manners.

Its like many things in life, a privilege not a right so respect it.

Parrotile
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  8:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems to depend on your viewpoint: We have been to many beaches in Europe and there are plenty of exhibitionists there (male and female) - usually the ones with the amazing physique spent from living in the Gym! As far as we're concerned as long as they don't pose a problem to us then they can do their thing and we'll do ours.

One thing the Wife and I have noticed particularly in overweight Australia (!) is that our Naturist friends do seem to take considerably more care of their bodies than the non-Naturist population, certainly in terms of BMI! Maybe "letting it all hang out" is an additional prod to maintain a healthier weight, which is very good for everone really!

Phil & Timea S.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  02:43:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Parrotile

Maybe most nudists in Oz but sadly not all. Generally though I think you have a point, maybe it goes back to the philosophy "if you've got it, flaunt it" which includes the body shape or its condition not just an appendage that seems to get way too much focus on this website.

I think most if not all nudists, certainly those at nudist beaches and resorts, have an element of exhibitionist about them, otherwise you would be nude only at home.

Previous Topic: Varying Degrees of Lifestyle Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved