Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 431 ]  [ Total: 431 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Health and Safety
 Preventing sunburn and sun damage
 nudity and sunscreen
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Best UV Defense For Suffers Of Rosacea? Topic Next Topic: sunburn
Page: of 3

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  12:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
warmskin i thought you were being serious about wd40, oh well my old bones don't creak as bad as they use to, and now i have a oil streak on my back.

capecodjack
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  09:22:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been having basal cells burned, frozen and cut off my light skinned body for over forty years. BUT I still love the beach and sun. My dermatologist (he knows I'm going to be at the beach or on a boat)recommends Nuetrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 55. It has a fairly new component called Helioplex which gives a broader spectrum of protection and has no PABA. It really is smooth going on and is not oily at all.

capecodjack
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  10:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correction!!! I must pay more attention to posts on this subject. Had I gone to "Naturistdoc"s thread on this subject I would know that I was conned by my dermatologist concerning the Nuetrogena product and that there are better sunscreens that offer more protction. Go to a similar thread "sunscreen101(USA)" learn from postings by Naturistdoc that other countries have approved products that are not easy to acquire but do a better job.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  3:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jack,

Don't be so quick to throw your dermatologist under the bus. I didn't want to leave the impression that Neutrogena's 'Helioplex' products aren't any good. To the contrary, they seem to do a pretty good job, probably as good a job as Mexoryl, and at lower cost. I've used them myself. My paranoid mutterings about why Mexoryl was kept off the US market for such an unconscionably long time had more to do with marketing than with efficacy. I mean, doesn't it seem an odd coincidence that Mexoryl, which had been available for many years elsewhere, was finally approved for the USA only after its American competitor had gotten a head start in what is no doubt a zillion-dollar market? But I digress. The take-home lesson is that both of these sunscreens (as well as some other recent entries) are a big improvement. There are now numerous concoctions which offer both a high SPF and extended UVA protection. If you like the Neutrogena product, by all means use it.

Doc

capecodjack
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  6:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I preach to my kids and grand kids about lots of sunscreen, I use it faithfully but they tell me that my problems now are probably from excess exposure years ago. They have been burning, cutting and freezing these basal cells from me for almost forty years. Last year was the first melanoma. Just back from the dermatologist and he is biopsying one on my ankle and one on my back and is sending me to an ear surgeon for a confirmed one on my ear. SO!! Use that stuff liberally amd often

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  09:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just yesterday I found a Banana Boat spray at Costco that's SPF 50 and contains what they are calling "AvoTriplex", a stabilized avobenzone similar to Neutrogena's Helioplex. A package containing two large cans plus a small travel size was around $13.00. Not such a bad deal!

Insomniac007
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  12:38:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Staying out all day nude in the hot Cuban sun we generally use SPF waterproof 30 at least and have just found a very non greasy SPF 50 from ...Life Brand , ( Shopper's house brand ??),Sunthera 3 KIDS SPF 50 waterproof ... pump light cream ...
We have not 'Cuba tested' this stuff yet but I spent all day Friday out working, ( not nude ... I value my parts ... power tools ), in the sun and swimming often and it worked just fine . One negative factor ...sweat tracking it into the eyes is NOT a happy experience .

On the Fence
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  12:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having never tanned my groin area before I would prefer not to burn it. Would an spf50 be adequate?

Mike

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  09:12:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
50 ought to do it. In fact, once you exceed SPF 30, there isn't really much gain in going to 40 or 50. The key is putting in on and re-applying it ... discreetly of course.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  3:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool!

Now ... when the Prof says ... "hey buddy, I already applied sunscreen to my butt!" I can say ... "but the Doc told me to do it repeatedly!

LOL

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  5:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunburn can cause damage, but a healthy amount of sunshine is beneficial to all humans. Exposing skin to sunshine produces Vitamin D which enables the body's natural cancer fighting process. Depriving your body of natural vitamin D by continuously applying sunscreen will not reduce your chance of death by cancer, not even from skin cancer. People of dark skin from tropical populations who move north end up with higher death rates from lack of Vitamin D. The death rate difference is so high that my ancestors who moved north long ago rapidly lost their dark skin by selective survival of light skin in sunshine deprived latitudes.

Of course people from populations adapted to northern latitudes who go south have to be careful about getting too much sun, and judicious use of sunblock can help. A little sunshine each day in spring until your get a natural darkening, natural sunblock, is better than artificial sun blockers. Some research suggests that the artificial sunblock stops sunburn, but doesn't block the worst cancer causing solar radiation. If that is true, then stopping sunburn encourages people to get more cancer causing rays.

I generally carry some sun block just in case I'm out all day after a few weeks indoors, but I haven't used it in years. I'm not even sure its still good.

On the Fence
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  9:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all who replied to my question. My concern is more over the burn issue as I am pretty dang white down there. and I know that I am just begging for a sunburn without sunscreen. I take it from 'NaturistDoc''s comment about discreetly that applying it over ones exposed private parts while sunbathing is considered a no-no? That actually is a question I plan to ask on my tour of the club on Sat.

Mike

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  10:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually the Doc said to apply it "discreetly." I'm sure many of us have witnessed a guy to two or more ... applying sunscreen or tanning oil to his genitals and spent more time on his penis and scrotum then he did the entire rest of his body.

I've also witnessed reapplication on a frequent basis ... always a good idea ... but ONLY to this region and not the rest of the body. Some use that excuse for other reasons and the good Dr. was giving good advice to apply it to your genitals with discreation.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Wreck Beach Boy

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  9:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Living up in Canada, we don't get a lot of really intense sun. I have not enjoyed using sunscreen since I was just a kid and I haven't used it for many years now. When I'm in the sun, I don't expose one side of me for great lengths of time, I turn over and side to side at least every 15 minutes. That way no one part of my body gets prolonged exposure. I also take Astaxanthin daily, it's an antioxidant and also helps the skin ward off the effects of the sun. I haven't tried it in a really hot place yet - that will happen this November when I go to Phoenix and Sedona. I'm looking forward to working on my tan.

Buck

Buck

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  09:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

Actually the Doc said to apply it "discreetly." I'm sure many of us have witnessed a guy to two or more ... applying sunscreen or tanning oil to his genitals and spent more time on his penis and scrotum then he did the entire rest of his body.

I haven't noticed that, but I have noticed that some people on nudist discussions spend a lot more time focusing on other men's genitals than the entire rest of their body.

I get tired of it.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Best UV Defense For Suffers Of Rosacea? Topic Next Topic: sunburn  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved