Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 435 ]  [ Total: 435 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Nude Beaches - How to Find a Nude Beach
 How do I find a nude beach?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Daytona Beach area
Page: of 6

Beach
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2002 :  8:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DAVENPORT COVE

To enjoy an interesting stop along Highway 1 near the little town of Davenport's public beach, check your map for the tiny towns that dot the coast north of Santa Cruz. Known locally as Shark's Tooth Cove, this little beach is a nice place for a little au naturel sunbathing. A steep trail takes you to a cave you can explore and some interesting rock formations. The water, though, is usually too cold for swimming. Look for Davenport Cove off Highway 1 north of Santa Cruz. The turnoff to it is 39.1 miles south of the junction of Highway 1 and 92 in Half Moon Bay and 12.2 miles north of the meeting of Highway 1 and 17 in Santa Cruz. You can park at the main public Davenport Beach, find the railroad tracks, and take the trail that starts there a half mile south to the cove; or check for a turnoff half a mile south of Davenport, pull off the highway, park in the rutted, 10-car lot, and go around a long metal gate to a path that leads to the sand. It has a poor, steep trail that winds up and over the tracks, but it will take you directly to the cove.

Beach
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2002 :  8:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BONNY DOON BEACH Highly recommended!

Rocked by the discovery in March of three bodies on the cliffs above the beach, naturists are starting to stream back to the sand of one of the Santa Cruz area's finest skinny-dipping coves, which is slated to become a state park as early as next year. The gruesome crime, termed a possible double homicide-suicide of a 26-year-old man and two 19-year-old women in initial press reports, showcased the "split personality" of the nude beach, which is much beloved by skinny-dippers for its wind-protected cove, sense of community (volunteers from the Bay Area Naturists stage a trash pick-up each September and hold a New Year's celebration on the sand), and mixed crowd of men, women, families, singles, straights, and gays. But at night the area is often used for raves and drinking parties, according to Santa Cruz Sheriff's spokesperson Kim Allyn. Numerous after-hours assaults have taken place there. One rape was reported in the '80s. In May 1986 transient Eric Pineda was shot to death in the parking lot when he confronted two men who were firing shotguns in the air. When you visit the beautiful cove during the day, it's hard to imagine anything but peaceful vibes here. "The beach is still looking great," says BAN leader Rich Pasco, of San Jose. "The trouble people talk about does not happen on the beach itself. It's on the cliffs." Bonny bonuses: you can bring dogs, and if you come before July, you may see whales offshore. Late last year Coast Dairies and Land Company sold Bonny Doon for $43 million. It will be placed under public control as early as summer 2003 but may not become a state park for a year or two. Directions: from San Francisco, drive south on Highway 1 to the Bonny Doon parking lot at milepost 27.6 on the west side of the road, exactly 2.4 miles north of Red, White, and Blue Beach and some 11 miles north of Santa Cruz. From Santa Cruz, go north on Highway 1 until you see Bonny Doon Road, which veers off sharply to the right just south of Davenport. The beach is just off the intersection. Park in the lot to the west of Highway 1; don't park on Bonny Doon Road or the shoulder of Highway 1. If the lot is full, drive north on Highway 1 and park at the next beach lot. To get to the beach, climb the steep berm next to the railroad tracks adjacent to the Bonny Doon parking lot, cross the tracks, descend the berm, and take one of several trails to the sand. Walk north past most of the beach to the cove on the north end.

Beach
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2002 :  8:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Imagine a nude beach that's only as big as the average backyard? One of the world's smallest nude beaches, called 2222 because it is across from 2222 West Cliff Drive in Santa Cruz, not only draws visitors down its dangerous, steep paths nearly every sunny day, but it also gets rave reviews from the handful of college students and other local residents who have become regular users. "It's a small, delicate, baby beach," says Richard Pasco of San Jose. We counted only five visitors on a warm Sunday. Users are visible to people walking along West Cliff Drive above the beach, but most tourists and residents never look down. The beach is a few blocks south of Natural Bridges State Park beach and about 2.5 miles north of the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. From either north or south of Santa Cruz, take Highway 1 to Swift Street. Follow Swift to the sea, then turn right (north) on West Cliff Drive. Keep your eyes open; 2222 is only about five blocks away. Past Auburn Avenue, look for 2222 West Cliff Drive on your right; the beach is directly across the street. If you come to Chico Avenue, you've gone too far. Park in the nine-car lot across the street, on the ocean side of West Cliff. If the lot is full, continue straight and park along Chico Avenue. Follow the path below the lot to the sand.

Susan
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2002 :  4:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really fun to read thru all of the interesting nude beaches. Would be a real adventure to go out to California and check em all out... Anyone up to a road trip?????

Marked4Life
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  7:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All in California, figures.....

IslandGirl
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  8:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right Mark! California is the COOLEST!!! Too bad its so far away.... I'd love to go there and just do a beach crawl for a few weeks!!! Woooo Hooooo!!!!!!!

Marked4Life
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  8:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didnt mean that to be the "coolest" in fact its quite the opposite...California has a problem...
Mark

IslandGirl
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  8:51:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But it is the Coolest! Come on Mark, you and me, were going to California and we'll hit all the Nude Beaches....you'll be a changed man!!!! We'll stop in and visit Good ol Vera and give her a bare hug!! It's going to be so much fun!
Mark and I are going to California and were hitting the beaches, all of them!

Marked4Life
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  8:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think so

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  8:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, The beaches are actually clothing optional; you can remain clothed.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  06:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

The "unofficial" nude beaches are a different story. These are little hideaways scattered throughout the coastline where people have traditionally enjoyed being nude, but that might be closed to nudists if there was too much publicity. Check the section on "unofficial nude beaches" for more information on beaches that have closed over the years.

To find one of these unofficial beaches, the best way would be to join a local nudist group that has a few boaters. Some groups have regular club trips to local nude beaches. The locations of these beaches cannot be published in the open, since the nude use is not yet sanctioned by ordinance, and certain opponents might have the beach closed to nudists. This is why we protect some of our unofficial nude beaches by secrecy, so that we always have them to enjoy.

And right after your sensible post this guy Beach posts the location to all those beaches we should be keeping to ourselves.

This is exactly how the cruisers find the beaches.... we might as well hand them right over.

Out of my mind.....

back in five minutes.

Lofty

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  08:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
And right after your sensible post this guy Beach posts the location to all those beaches we should be keeping to ourselves.

This is exactly how the cruisers find the beaches.... we might as well hand them right over.

That's exactly what I thought Diann!

I know I wouldn't want my local (unofficial c/o) Beach posted on the net like that!?!

The beach I use (about 2 miles of it!) has been c/o for over 40 yrs, and the only time we seem to have problems is when we have a lot of stangers visiting! And I mean naturists! The textiles either turn around, or they are quite happy with the situation.

I think the regulars tend to take "ownership" of the beach. And so they should.

We do our own "policing" and keep the beach clean.

When we see new faces.. we make it a point to introduce ourselves.
We make sure they understand the beach etiquette, and point out the c/o beach bounderies. (they are not marked!)
We also point out the beach has been c/o for over 40 yrs, and WE DO NOT want to see it advertised on the net, and please be careful who you tell it to other people.

So far we have been lucky....

Lofty

Edited by - Lofty on 11/17/2002 09:15:06 AM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  10:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't think so

Mark, Why wouldn't you want to visit a nude beach? You can remain clothed. Then you would have first-hand knowledge about it.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

boatercpl

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  5:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey island girl if mark won't go with you sammy and will. we cood meet part way there as we wood have to cross country from canada ..lol

daybad day boating is better than a good at work
sun and sammy

bigal

Posted - 03/29/2003 :  6:38:35 PM  Show Profile  Send bigal an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
im new to the statesville area anyone know where theres a nude beach or resort near the area

albert smarowsky

Page: of 6 Topic Next Topic: Daytona Beach area  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved