Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 424 ]  [ Total: 424 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Wilderness Destinations and Trip Reports
 Naked hiking negative feedback
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Outdoor Nudism Topic Next Topic: Sign the petition
Page: of 3

acoustixman
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  7:40:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seeking "negative feedback" on nude hiking...

I'm looking for anyone's experiences or direct knowledge of such experiences as have caused a negative impact upon their propensity for nude hiking... Anyone been cited for exposure, and under what circumstances (location, timing, complainants)? Anyone faced or been victimized by unlawful violence in response to their hike-trail nudity? Ever had legal action threatened contingent on covering up?

I can't seem to find much of this sort of testimony. It seems everyone that hikes nude "gets away with it" and there's no problem ever. It can't be this easy to feel safe can it? Nude hiking is definitely my thing, and I want to always be as sure as possible that it can be essentially legitimized in a given setting before doing it. I don't need to be "concealing a violation" in being naked. Just being naked.

Always interested in positive testimonies too for further mutual identification among us, but that doesn't exert the same type of balancing force upon the inclination to be naked while hiking. Thoughts anyone??

Seeking my role in opening the eyes of the world to the simple harmless pleasure of being naked in our great outdoors.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  11:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty much all my experiences were positive. Once a guy yelled hey buddy cover up back over his shoulder but that is pretty much it. If you are hiking nude I suggest doing so on remote trails. Once you are a mile or so from the closest road you will find few others and those you find tend to be nature lovers and they seem o be a tolerant bunch.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Little Fellow
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  3:49:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the odd "evils" from some stuck up old ladies and a not-so-subtle comment from a gobby youth but other than that, I have never been in trouble or have anything serious happen it me.
I love nude hiking, the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

HearthfireSpring
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  2:09:34 PM  Show Profile  Send HearthfireSpring an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have found that in some places one has to be extra careful with thorn and briars. Thorns against bare skin are no fun at all! Otherwise I love nude hiking.

Andy

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  10:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a hiking encounter just today, I was hiking in the woods on the road leading to the naturist club I belong to, the road is still not passable by auto as it has over a foot of snow in places. I was hiking along when I spotted a fellow heading my way on the snow covered road he was carrying a shotgun over his shoulder. Now I live in a part of the US where this is not uncommon. I did not cover nor did I freak I figured he must know about the nudist club less than a mile up this dead end road. We met said hello he asked if I had seen any wild turkeys other than us,LOL. I chuckled and said no I had not however I thought I ahd seen some tracks back a ways. He commented on how the season was a week old and he hadn't seen a single one. I made the remark that they are very smart birds and we parted saying have a nice day etc. This is how most of my encounters go very non issue sort of affairs.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Edited by - NudeAl on 04/22/2009 10:22:30 PM

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  8:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all I am looking for information on trails to freehike on in North Eastern Washington State.

I have several areas near my home that I regularly use however I seem to run into people on occaision. I am trying to remain unobserved in my own immediate area however even today, a Tuesday mid morning 1030 AM, I had a close encounter. I did manage to cover however I think the other hiker may have gotten an eyeful. Now in the past, when I lived in California, I didn't worry so much because of the rulings of the California State Supreme Court which has stated that mere nudity is not indecent. such isn't the case in Washington, hence my reticence to being seen.

I am seeking reccomendations on hiking books or organizations that may offer some assistence. Of course if anyone has knowledge of some suitable trails in my part of the country that would be appreciated as well.

Cactus Jack

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  11:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have hiked naked before, and several times encountered people. Twice in Utah and I was on private property. The property owner knew I was there and what I was doing, and he didn't care. People get really weird about it, and just because I'm hiking naked somehow means I'm a sicko or a pervert. I guess they should try getting a life and learning how to read a map.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  2:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have hiked nude by hopping rocks on an unfrequented creek. One thing, though, and this is obvious -- if alone be darned careful about that sort of thing. If it's a hot day, you have water to cool you off. If you get thirsty, get out your trusty water filter and get yourself some fresh water. You can't beat it!! This works best in a thickly forested area. If you bring along a spouse/friend, it makes it more interesting.

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
James Madison

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  9:26:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i went hiking a few weeks ago and after several hours on the trail i was finishing up and was walking up a service road when a mountain biker came around a bend needless to say there was no time to coverup so i stepped to the side as he flew by me, i guess he was ok with me being nude because he never slowed down, i can live with that kind of encounter.

John Bristol
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  06:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have hiked nude many times in Virginia and never met anyone but am always ready to cover up. Just thoughts of the movie deliverance not far from my mind. Raised in Tennessee I discovered that not all backwoods people are nice. We have unsolved crimes aplenty in the Shenandoah. Where do you sail Bob. I am on the Chesapeake and sail a Newport 30. JB

mariarose
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  09:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gerry, my SO, has a lot of family in VA. He was raised there. Where do you hike, and how long have you lived there, John?

Bob, I love to sail, though I have not had the opportunity for years and years. I was always thrilled by the interaction of the wind, waves, and my hands on the tiller and sheets, (no wheel, nothing I ever sailed was that large)

John Bristol
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  09:54:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mariarose and SO come sailing sometime with a side trip to Williamsburg. Drive or fly into PHF. I have a big house on the water with a guest room or stay on one of the boats. SO huh. I guess if he is a boy he would be sob. Maybe even if it is a she! Sorry about that. Hiked mostly in the shenanadoah but my all time favorite is Mount Rogers, highest point in Va at around 5k feet. Straight up hike from the parking lot joins the Appalacian trail at the top. Sky is so clear and so far from city lights you can see the milky way like it was painted with a paint roller. Wild ponies keep the underbrush down and they are fenced out of some of the springs so you can get drinking water that is safe? to drink. Walking the appalachian trail through balsam fir trees with the scent you find in perfumes and a carpet of pine needles under foot. Easy to want to shed the clothes and feel the breeze on your skin. Sometimes when travelling I will stop at a park and take a short walk to stretch, again cautiously with or without clothes. I basically do not want to offend anyone that is why I like social nudism. You know going in that it is ok. JB

mariarose
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  10:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL John! SO is definitely male, but not an sob! His name is Gerry, pronounced Gary, not Jerry. 65 years young, Special Forces veteran of Viet Nam. Male, indeed. Your invite sounds LOVELY! and your description of Mt Rogers makes me long to feel it. Are you a writer, by any chance? You are invited here to KY as well.

John Bristol
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  12:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mariarose. Not a writer per se but have written all my life. I am a hill william which is an educated hillbilly. My mechanic told me this morning that he pulled up to a drive thru window and asked for a dozen hamburgers for his crew and the lady wanted to know how many a dozen was. Sigh.... My offer was serious, I ask people sailing all the time and one out of ten come. I was yacht sitting for a friend on a beautiful new four bedroom boat in Key West last winter and could not get anyone to leave the freezer, jobs, obligations etc to come down. I had a great time but felt guilty not sharing it. Met several couples at adam and eve that came out an we became great friends, again one out of ten overcame the whatever it is that keeps people from reaching out for the brass ring. One lady friend came down for a couple of days. One morning I made my expresso and staggered out to the sun deck and was face to face with an airborne porpise. It took my breath away then I looked around wishing there was someone else to share the experience. I may take you up on your offer as well, thanks. congrats on Gerry not being a sob today..... tomorrow is another day right Gerry. JB

acoustixman
Forum Member

Posted - 12/26/2012 :  6:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy hijacked thread! Just messing; serves me right for not checking in for so long. Been doing some soul-searching and so forth...

I have had more developed thoughts on systematic polarity (pleasant or unpleasant) of naturist hiking encounters... If I am hiking a canyon trail in my nearby desert wilderness, I have abandoned ALL worry about whom I might encounter. If I am hiking in the desert plain (like down a powerline or whatever) where trucks/atvs could pass, I have a general mistrust of a person with an engine. I envision them having the means to truly make my life miserable, if not shorter. Not through experience, but I just thought I'd mention that in response to NudeAl's mention of a guy in a truck.

As for polarity of experience, to the extreme positive end, once (a Monday morning around 7:30 in September of 2010) I ran up behind another naked hiker on the trail to Gold Strike Hot Springs, but it was in the morning and I had to double back to head to my office. It was amazing to me as an affirming experience, but he seemed to want to keep his solitude and seemed shocked at my sudden appearance (I run as much as I hike in the sandy parts of these canyons and I occasionally overtake others on that trail). I tried to start a conversation and maybe a friendship but he didn't say much and I chose my moment to go ahead and let him be. Could have misjudged him but I can't claim to be 'my type' of naturist if I am going to negatively impact someone else's experience by persisting as company when he thought he had the trail to himself.

Are you on this forum, fellow naked hiker from Southern Nevada? I would like to meet you again sometime. Or any other kindred spirits for that matter!

Seeking my role in opening the eyes of the world to the simple harmless pleasure of being naked in our great outdoors.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2012 :  11:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I went hiking with a fairly large group (men and women) up to Bass Lake in northern CA. We met a number of hikers and groups on the trail and didn't get one negative comment. In fact as I recall, someone said "Wish I had the guts to do that."

I think that being in a group and/or having a woman with you helps. Something about the lone naked male seems to make people uneasy. Not saying that's right or wrong; just a fact of life. If you do have to hike alone, always look people in the eye and give them a BIG smile ;-).

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Outdoor Nudism Topic Next Topic: Sign the petition  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved