Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 137 ]  [ Total: 137 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 A simple question? Arousal and etiquette...
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist
Page: of 32

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  12:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are correct, old hippie, what was long ago deemed a dead horse remains available to be beaten again.

There must be a hundred thousand words written on "erections in a nudist environment" in this and other forums on this website. Apparently we no longer have the patience or desire to research the matter before jumping in? Granted, everyone has the right to say his piece but . . . didn't somebody say that the secret of being a bore is to say everything?

Yeah, yeah, hello Pot, this is Kettle.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  3:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Natural is nature, erections are natural, if you are not
comfortable with all aspects of nature, don't go natural.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  5:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So as to not repeat messages that have been previously written, please read some of the early posts one of which is that there are many things that are natural with bodies, but I wouldn't want to see it.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  08:47:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder how many of the ladies think like you ?

... DONT want to see erection(s)...

why do I get the feeling that quite a few females secretly want to view a man in this state ?

I remember one time when we were filming in the ruins of an abandoned hotel, we were surprised by two tourists..... a man and his wife (or female companion).

While the man seemed shocked at the scene... the woman had a broad smile on her face.. all the guys waved and said "hi"...

the two of them walked on... but the woman kept looking back and smiling... I wonder why ?

they hovered around the perimeter of the property for quite a while before leaving....

we continued with the filming unmoved and undisturbed by their presence.... after all, we were there FIRST.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  01:49:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So.....this one woman's actions now tell you that many more women feel the way this woman does?

smendes........are you married? Do you have a girlfriend? Ask either how they would feel if they were a bit uncomfortable in a naturist environment and after being told by you that there aren't a bunch of naked people around having sex and acting crazy, just doing normal stuff.....then have a few of us guys here walk up to her and around her with erections. Ask her what she'd think?

I'm a bit confused why you want to ask for opinions on this subject, get both men's, women's and other women's ( through their male counterparts) reactions and opinions and since it's not what you want to hear, you dismiss it validity.

TB

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  09:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to offer my opinion on the subject of erections in a nudist context.

I suggest that three things are relevant.
- the false sense of an absolute standard
- sex
- the concept of nature and natural

The orginal poster (maasai) was trying to understand why erections were an issue in nudism. Was it some lack of maturity, some primal driver in humanity? However, he then implied that he could understand drawing the line at the sex act itself because this implied acting upon a desire. The desire itself was not the issue, it was the control of that desire. The questioning of boundaries drawn up by others and then implying that his own are in some way self evidently correct, is common behaviour. Nudism has drawn an arbritrary line at unaroused state nudity, especially for males where it is obvious and only male arousal is necessary for the sex act. Its arbitrary until you give a context of sexual behaviour and decide that this is the boundary for a number of reasons. For the Victorians, it was exposure of the legs, today westerners do not consider this an issue, though some easterners still do. For Maasai it seems to have been some way to display a higher state of humanity if you could have an erection, but have enough control not to act upon it. I am sure reasons could be found to understand a boundary placed here, but I suspect the sense of it comes from human instincts, not our intellect.

That means nudism, as a group behaviour, has decided that the 'apparent sexual desire or readiness' divide is where the line is to be, and has built arguments to support this and distance itself from swingers, perverts et al, who might be taking nudity as well as various acts of sex. It's normal to consider these boundaries as somehow morally justifiable and crossing boundaries as perversions. Maasai himself displayed his own assumed boundaries by suggesting that the control of the erect penis, but not the rection itself, might be the 'right' place to draw the line.

The second point is about sex. Sex and acting upon sexual desires introduces competition and possible conflict between males, and between females. In large groups this can be very disruptive. We manage this, (with some odd deviations) by wearing clothes. However many individuals find ways around the social standards to gain competitive advantage, while still remaining with accepted norms. Managing the competition of sex in large groups is problematic and can lead to the breakup of groups and imposition of stern regulations. Nudist colonies offer a relatively small, stable and harmonious environment that works within defined boundaries, despite limits set up by a clothed world and some threats to outlaw, limit, or demonise.

The third aspect I consider relevant is the almost synonymous use of 'nature' with nudity and naturism, and the implication that natural is somehow good. Without flogging the semantic horse too hard its not clear what we mean my nature, unless we draw the line at anything man made that has not arisen from innate biology. If we stick to this unthinkingly accepted view it is easy to see that many natural things are offensive, especially coming from other people. Erections are natural, therefore lets accept and embrace them? Periods, urination, defecation, sex, rotting meat, being killed by a hungry lion are all natural by most definitions, but we might not want to have them inside our closed circle. I personally have little desire to be part of many of most peoples natural bodily functions, including erections, on or off a nudist beach. Natural has become a sort of rallying cry around naturism (among others) that is self evidently right so it can help carry an argument.

We might argue philosphically and logically about the erection boundary, but it is probably as simple as a line drawn for some relevant biological and social reasons, probably not at a conscious, intellectual level and that's just the way it is.
It's an interesting debat

n/a
deleted

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  4:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, wonderful post TB!! i think you pretty much summed up what massaii was trying to say (if he wasnt just looking for someone to argue with) as well as this whole topic. the part about competition seemed especially relevant. this topic could be discussed ad infinitum and no progress is made..it comes down to context.. if you get a kick out of walking around with a hard on then yeah, people are prolly gonna distrust you..whereas if you happen to make eye contact on the beach with an attractive person and the blood starts to flow, chances are you'll feel a bit sheepish and the object of your eye might smile..but if you walk around looking at girls or children with a constant erection, chances are you're gonna get asked to leave (if not worse) especially if you have a camera and are taking pictures of everyone.i personally dont mind seeing erect men, but i would question their intentions, whereas if a guy got hard from seeing something, or even from looking at me, that totally acceptable. i for one enjoy being seen nude, and a lot of people go to beaches to see and be seen by people, weather its a nudist beach or not..

~Peeter Pan~

CathyK
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  9:57:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here we go again...
Come on guys, grow up!

Cathy

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  10:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CathyK

Here we go again...
Come on guys, grow up!

Cathy

Cathy, I wonder how many pages they can drag this out to. Simple ettiquete I guess has to be learned as they get oder. Some on this thread are not as yet 25 years old.
:) Cheri

-
-

grandad_nudist
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  09:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

quote:
Originally posted by CathyK

Here we go again...
Come on guys, grow up!

Cathy

Cathy, I wonder how many pages they can drag this out to. Simple ettiquete I guess has to be learned as they get oder. Some on this thread are not as yet 25 years old.
:) Cheri

-
-

Hi Cheri,
I love you and cathy (she is from Georgia).
However I do want to say here as in the other long running debate, that if the ladies would stop saying so much about how terrible it is for a male to get an erection while they themselves get wet, it would stop. Males should cover in public when it happens but dont say men should never get erections untill you can prove women never get wet.
Grandad

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  09:51:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grandad_nudist

Hi Cheri,
I love you and cathy (she is from Georgia).
However I do want to say here as in the other long running debate, that if the ladies would stop saying so much about how terrible it is for a male to get an erection while they themselves get wet, it would stop. Males should cover in public when it happens but dont say men should never get erections untill you can prove women never get wet.
Grandad
When women are excited, it's not obvious. That's the difference.
Cheri

-
-

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  02:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am married and I could not get my wife to go to a nudist venue no matter what I tell her.

she would not appreciate a lot of men coming around her with erections

but women do think differently to men anf there is no getting away from that

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  10:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smendes

I am married and I could not get my wife to go to a nudist venue no matter what I tell her.

she would not appreciate a lot of men coming around her with erections

You've answered your own question!

Lazy J

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  8:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're on blood pressure and diabetic meds, this one problem you don't have to worry about. :-)

J

Pain is only FEAR leaving the body.

ilovegabibbo
Forum Member

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  7:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smendes, I must be unusual because I am never intimidated by an erection, and in fact enjoy seeing them in the right context. If a guy is walking along a nudist beach happens to be hard, I'll probably give him a smile. If the erection is caused by looking at me it's a lovely compliment.
However, if the guy in quetion starts hastling me or I carry on walikng and he tries to stop me, that is harrassment and totally wrong in my book. I think most naturist have respect for women and do take no for an answer. That is all I expect from the male naturist; if I feel he wants or expects something from me then I try to get away from him as fast as possible!
Having said all this, I have rarely seen a man in this state walking along the beach. It doesn't seem to happen. If you go to a certain part of the beach at Cap D'Agde you will see erections, but sex is allowed ther and everbody knows it's a swingers beach. The family area at the other end of the beach is just like a normal naturist beach with family values. I'm sure there are guys who frequent both areas of the beach, but repect the rules and etiquette which apply to each area.
Sorry to waffle; just my individual view of how things are on the beach.
P.S. Ireally admire your lifestyle and would say I can identify with you to a certain extent. I've never followed the crowd and usually trust my own beliefs whilst tring to understand other peoples' opinions and lifestyle.
xx Helen.

Helen
Naturist since 1992 and still loving it!

Page: of 32 Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.63 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved