Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 164 ]  [ Total: 164 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 A simple question? Arousal and etiquette...
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist
Page: of 32

Massai
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  10:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Fortunately, Massai, humans are not mere animals.

That is good to hear (and that is what I like to believe too).

Then why is it that clothing is mandated in all societies (except a couple villages in the Amazon and maybe Africa)

There has to be an element of mistrust (by litigators) in the present state of human mutirity... No ?

Jochanaan
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  7:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Massai

There has to be an element of mistrust (by litigators) in the present state of human mutirity... No ?

Of course! Why else did Congress pass the PATRIOT Act? And why else are women kicked out of swimming pools for breastfeeding?

As for litigators, that is, lawyers, they depend on the rest of mankind's immaturity!(Did I write that? Now I'll have the ABA suing me for libel! )

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  03:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Accourding to Machiavelli, you can tell how sick a society is, by how many doctors and lawyers it has.

Kim =^.^=

Massai
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  03:55:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
We have instincts plus emotions plus reasoning ability.

(A couple more thoughts)

In regards to emotions: Please allow me to diverge...
The more we learn about animals the more we have realized that there is at least a small number of species that do have this capability (or a close precursor of it) . So this element is not entirely unique to humans as previously thought.

As for reason ... please allow me to refrain from making rather hasty conclusions just yet ... (I would like to hope so, but at the same time that very hope could become a seed for bias)

An objective concience should allow (and weigh) for all possible factors and do so impartially ... including the possibility that humans themselves might infact be inferior instead of superior.

To consider only one option would be a clear bias ... furthermore to consider only the second option would further add *conceit* to the mix.
(and yes, impartiallity includes the very possibility that yours trully might be the most inferior of any... struggling to catch up and comprehent the very things that would normally be evident to most)

quote:
We don't have to let our arousal dictate our actions.

Then you must agree with the initial premise of this thread? "An overt erection should not be treated aversively by fellow bystanders as long as the bearer exercises self-control"

Edited by - Massai on 09/20/2004 04:28:25 AM

Massai
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  04:06:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Accourding to Machiavelli, you can tell how sick a society is, by how many doctors and lawyers it has

Terse and insightful !
Very nice, Kim.
Well said.

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  11:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, but what about the POLL

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  03:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't remember Machiavelle saying anything about a poll.

Kim =^.^=

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  12:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No , no I have asked for a poll to be posted on the subject.

It's fine if nobody in charge wants a poll taken. If that be the case just let me know either way so I will quit asking for one.

Massai
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  3:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi HarborGuy,

There was a poll taken here:
http://www.cheef.com/modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=36

Two out of three people do not mind if someone *accidentally* got an erection. The concesous is that both the bearer and the bystanders should ignore it. (which is consistent with the initial premise of this thread; where self-control is applied)

[Should I guess that most of the opposing votes are primarily from the "conservative" US] ?

--

Edited by - Massai on 09/21/2004 3:51:26 PM

Jochanaan
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2004 :  4:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Massai

[Should I guess that most of the opposing votes are primarily from the "conservative" US] ?

Not necessarily. Not all of us are ignorant rednecks!

marpie
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  8:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To summarise a discussion (not for the first time)
Is an erection a sex-readiness sign? YES (even if it is caused by other reasons).
Is an erection a visual sign of a man's arousal? YES
Does men have erections because of naked women on the beach? YES (mostly)
However:
Does it mean that a man wants to have an immediate sex with that woman? NO
Can women be afraid of seeing a man having an erection because of her? NO

Thus, an erection is VERY strong linked with sexuality. However, in my opinion, even if it could be treated as sex-readiness sign, it does not pose any threat to women. A man that cannot control his erection does still control himself to a degree that he would not do any harm. An erection happens because of for example naked women passing-by when walking down the beach.
I personally treat it as a highest compliment for beauty and nakedness of a woman (apart of course of simple pleasure of having an erection for a man).
One can argue about many reasons about going to a nude beach, but apart from them most of the men (even if they do not want to admit) like to see naked women and considerable part of women like to be seeing naked. Accept that fact and everything that result from it.

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/15/2004 :  10:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OOps. I have to say that I would never ever get an erection over any woman at any time ever day or night. Sorry I have to put that to rest right now.
To me a woman can be pretty, but nothing more. I just can't even understand how a woman can or even should assume that an erection must be associated specifically at her.
I like the looks of a gulf course too, but I don't like to play gulf.
I have been on a beach where I was the only man and in fact the only person in some cases and the only thing that caused me an erection was the warmth of the sun. Don't worry no woman saw my erection at that time, but the point is if I had been on a beach with nothing but men and I was at a resort in Key West where it was nothing but men and erections were not only ignored, but never ever complained about. Now this resort is for men only and is frequented by gay men, but the owners say that straight men sign in just as much as gay men do. Aren't straight women supposed to be attracted to men and yet they are the only ones who seem to find an erection offensive?
To me training a boy all of his life to control his natural erections is like training a girl never to cry. I also believe that having to control an erection all of our lives may be a major reason that men find the need for that magic blue pill later in life. Now I said one reason, but I know there are others.
I do not believe and will never accept that all erections are sexual. Some and maybe even most are, but you can't tell me babies getting erections is sexual. It's just nature insuring everything works properly and that's all.
I know this is a hot button topic in the nudist community, but I also believe it is loaded with unfounded myth and false social stigma mainly by religion. The ancient Greeks were quite comfortable with public erections until Christianity came along.

gospel
Forum Member

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  4:57:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry HarborGuy you can't blame that one all on Christianity and who knows if your history about the Greeks is even correct. I'll bet that probably most erections that a man has during the day are non sexual. That brings up another question of when is the penis determined to be an erection? Is it when it is actually erect or is it when it is somewhat enlarged as happens very often while lounging around? Not having gone social yet I wonder if I will get run out of a place for a slightly enlarged penis of which I have very little if any control. Like you say, even the warmth of the sun can cause some action down there which has nothing whatsoever to do with sexuality. Now the full erection I can see as something that might cause women and children a problem mostly because of misunderstanding how the male organ works. I, of course, believe that the behavior of a man with an erection is very important and he should not be allowed to act inapproiately. I believe he should take action to eliminate the condition.

gospel

justbrian
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2005 :  4:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Send justbrian an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
What is your opinion on this?

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - Massai on 04/10/2004 05:27:27 AM

I'm sorry to break your bubble or shall I say mantra.
Philosophy is to science as bowling is to sports. You're mixing it with a form of biology.
For all you know I am an insect whisperer and Ms.Grasshopper didn't like being dis'd. She said she's gonna land on your dick next August so you can try and find absolution again.
You answered your own question. Your problem is ideological.
Now put your formula and flow charts away and have some fun.

warm rain, Brian

Edited by - justbrian on 01/22/2005 4:18:15 PM

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2005 :  10:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gospel

Sorry HarborGuy you can't blame that one all on Christianity and who knows if your history about the Greeks is even correct. I'll bet that probably most erections that a man has during the day are non sexual. That brings up another question of when is the penis determined to be an erection? Is it when it is actually erect or is it when it is somewhat enlarged as happens very often while lounging around? Not having gone social yet I wonder if I will get run out of a place for a slightly enlarged penis of which I have very little if any control. Like you say, even the warmth of the sun can cause some action down there which has nothing whatsoever to do with sexuality. Now the full erection I can see as something that might cause women and children a problem mostly because of misunderstanding how the male organ works. I, of course, believe that the behavior of a man with an erection is very important and he should not be allowed to act inapproiately. I believe he should take action to eliminate the condition.

gospel

Page: of 32 Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.4 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved