Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 423 ]  [ Total: 423 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism Places: Around the World
 Asia: Australia
 Are there nudism places in Australia?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: planning first nakation in Australia
Page: of 2

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  3:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are there nudism places in Australia?

If you don't find what you are looking for here, see also the forum, "Hey, is there a club or nudist resort in ...?" The question may have already been asked and answered there.

If you have helpful and reliable information to share about nudism places in Australia, please add it to this thread by clicking Reply to Topic while logged in.

ACT
* Kambah Pool

New South Wales
* Lady Bay Beach, Watsons Bay, Sydney Harbour (name changed in 1977 from Lady Jane Beach)
* Obelisk Beach, Mosman, Sydney Harbour
* Cobblers Beach, Mosman, Sydney Harbour
* Werrong Beach, Royal National Park
* Little Jibbon Beach, Royal National Park
* Ocean Beach, Royal National Park
* Marley Beach, Royal National Park
* Curracurrang, Royal National Park
* Samurai, One Mile
* Belongil Beach (legal), Tyagarah

Northern Territory
* Casuarina Beach, Darwin

Queensland Until recently, there were no legal nude beaches in Queensland. However, following a successful appeal from Ken Wenzel (77), a Sunshine Coast artist and nudist, the Queensland Summary Offences Act 2005 has been ruled not to apply to licensed free beaches.[clarification needed] The Queensland Australian Labor Party state government and the Sunshine Coast Regional Council have said that they will now consider any approaches for legal nude beaches in Queensland.

Current quasi-legal beaches are:

* Alexandria Bay (known as "A Bay") near Noosa is a popular spot with nudists and arguably the most tolerated nude beach.
* Bribie Island - Remote beaches on Bribie were once popular with nudists, though Moreton Bay Regional Council rangers as well as police now regularly patrol this remote island.

South Australia
* Maslin Beach
* Ocean Beach near Robe
* Pelican Point, Barmera

Tasmania
* Bakers Beach

Victoria
* Campbell's Cove
* Cape Conran

Mornington Peninsula
* Sunnyside North Beach, Mt Eliza, Port Philip Bay (Legal)

Great Ocean Road
* Point Impossible Beach, West Coast (Legal)
* Southside Beach, near Bells Beach, West Coast (Legal)

Western Australia
* North Swanbourne beach
* Cable Beach, Broome
* Warnbro Beach
* Ten Mile Lagoon, Esperance

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  8:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In reality there are lots of places to go nude in Aussie land. Alexandria Bay north of Brisbane is one. Most of the islands on the east coast can be used nude. Then there is the famous nude beach called Maslin. I believe it is south of Adelaide. And, of course all beaches are topfree if desired.

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  10:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cobblers Beach is also a great place.

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  3:38:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should have added that Alexandria Bay beach does not have real good access; and no facilities. The walk from the Noosa Park entrance is at least 20 to 30 minutes.
Sydney has an official nude beach - Lady Bay - fairly accesible by bus and then a 15 minute walk. However, years ago it was a nice sand beach; today the sand has washed away and all that's left is rocks. The world famous Bondi Beach is definitely not nude - topless yes.
The west coast of Oz is Perth and the coast on the Indian Ocean. Nude almost all over because it is so unpopulated. Rotnest Island off the coast of Perth has a nude beach. Wonderful place for vacationing. Families very welcome.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2009 :  8:58:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aside from beaches, Queensland has the White Cockatoo, no doubt familiar to anyone who reads posts on this forum. There is also the smaller Taylorwood Resort near the Whitsunday Islands. I can also personally recommend the Mai Tai Resort, actually a small B&B not far from Port Douglas. While technically a nudist resort, the pool area is definitely C/O.

smoothnudes
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2009 :  02:55:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see smoothnudes's MSN Messenger address  Send smoothnudes a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes there are nude beaches, Greens is also a nudist visited beach and as so Bakers both very fine to go nude,my wife and i both enjoy it amongst other nudists,not too many there and almost none at Greens,but it is accepted,the car park is a very short walk from the beach about 2 mins,and crosses a walking track,i actually walked to my car nude,came across some local women walking and 2 cars arrived just as we were getting changed,no complaints from tasmanians which is great.

bornude2009
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2009 :  07:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nude charles

And, of course all beaches are topfree if desired.

My topless gf got a bad word from a lady on a beach near Sydney airport back in the 80's. Time has changed in Australia too !
Beautifull country anyway mate !
An ex-Sydneysider

bornude2009
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2009 :  07:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh by the way, any naturist holiday center / village to recommand in Australia ?
I mean a place with bungalows, easy access from abroad, facilities for sport and other activities like TV, internet, petanque, hiking...

Thanks

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2009 :  12:12:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look on aus-nude.org.au for a fairly comprehensive list of resorts.

Parrotile
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  11:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best place to start looking for Nude / Naturist accommodation is TAN Magazine (www.naturist.net.au), which has listings of HEAPS of places, often reasonably near centres of population (remember - Aus is, on average, not that densely populated!). For us the best place in NSW has got to be River Island, but be mindful that although it's listed as CO, in effect it's all nude. Not a good place in the School Holidays since it is literally packed to the rafters, and very hot at night (forget a dip in the pool, it'll be "populated" by all the population!). Great Naturist places on the outskirts of Darwin, and a Naturist camp at Mataranka during the NT summer - the spring water there is bath-water warm, and the mineral content seems to be very good for the skin!

Other locations could include anywhere off the beaten track - the NSW Central Coast has numerous nude-friendly beaches, and so many miles of sand dunes that you'd be very hard pressed not to find the right spot - some excellent nude beaches out by Port Stephens - mostly deserted, except these days for Korean tourists, and they have no idea what's legal and what isnt! We've even had long, broken english conversations with them on the idea of being nude in public - seems the Koreans are quite naturism-friendly too! The South Coast has excellent and deserted beaches - Seven Mile Beach comes to mind, near Shoalhaven Heads. Apart from the weekends, you can walk the entire length of the beach naked and no-one minds - especially if there are two of you. Done this many, many times, and the sand's really soft and inviting!

In WA, Fremantle's got a good semi-official beach, and as you progress up the coast (and the population disappears), then all the beach & the dunes behind are yours to lie on or swim from!

In reality there should not be a problem - the MAJOR Beaches are not yet "optional" but times are changing and with the prevalence of "stick-on" swimwear (which in my humble opinion is more appropriate "Pole-Dancer" dress in the sleazier night clubs rather than beachwear!), and ever smaller g-strings (female and male), it's only a matter of time until the final threads are cut and the Lucky Country becomes the All Over Tan Country too!

Phil & Timea S.

abbiet2010

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  04:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know how many Austrilia nudists at here. Maybe not too many nudists. I think the forum is not the best place for you to find out the nudist friends in AU. Maybe you can try some other nudist sites, for example [deleted] or [deleted] and so on. I love the forum, maybe we can be here and to be good friends.

Edited by - Admin to remove spam sites.

Parrotile
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  9:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Abbiet2010 (and a warm welcome aboard the Good Ship Nudist-Resorts!)

With a population of about 25 million, there are LOTS (and do I mean LOTS!) of Aussies with an all-over tan! Having said this, many are not "practising" (i.e socially active) nudists, rather thay are quite happy to sunbathe and swim naked in the home pool, HOWEVER there are a LOT of us out there and those of us who have no qualms re. mingling have met thousands in NSW alone - and there are plenty more in the other States too.

It is interesting that Queensland (north of NSW) is "officially" Naturist-unfriendly, however their rural beaches are packed in the spring and autumn with definitely naked bodies, and in private locations (gardens, farms etc) I suspect that no-one ever wears anything - on the basis of a late spring flight over suburban Brisbane - lots of backyard pools, and lots of brown, naked bodies - couldn't see a single bikini bottom even (and we were only at 5000 ft). The Wife and I have met heaps of Naturists from everywhere in Europe during our stays at River Island (and other great sites), and they all seemed to be friends with other Aussie / Kiwi naturists, so doing the figures we're probably looking at a sizeable population!

For us the best thing about this site is the abundance of holiday ideas, and it's very good to see that "clothing optional" is not only alive and kicking, but growing in numbers!

Gotta go - hot & sticky = time for a dip!

All the best from us both,

Phil & Timea S.

Edited by - Parrotile on 03/19/2010 9:10:34 PM

aussiepete

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  08:03:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Belongil Beach is not only CO, it is in one of the beautiful parts of this great land :-)

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  12:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This needs an update certainly in regard to Victoria there are a number of beaches.

Campbells Cove is to lose its nude beach approval due to residential development getting close.
Sunnyside Beach is legal, it's between Mount Eliza and Frankston.
White's Beach between Torquay and Point Impossible.
Southside Beach between Torquay and Anglesea (near Bells Beach). Southside can be accessed from near Bells or the Point Addis sides.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2016 :  10:45:30 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Byron Bay is spectacular. Miles of beautiful beach...

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 02/06/2018 :  3:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They should have this kind of service on every nude beach!

www.nytimes.com/2018/02/06/world/australia/we-have-to-get-naked-sydney.html

Page: of 2 Topic Next Topic: planning first nakation in Australia  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.38 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved