Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 182 ]  [ Total: 182 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Conservative / Family Nudist Resort - Trip Reports
 Scottsdale, Arizona
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Sunsport Gardens, Loxahatchee, Florida Topic Next Topic: Sunshower Country Club, Indiana
Page: of 2

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  10:45:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know of a Club or Resort near Scottsdale, Arizona? My wife and I will be in Scottsdale in late December for a week and would like to visit a Club or Resort.

Thanks for any information or suggestions you have.

bfg123456798
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  3:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Send bfg123456798 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yup yup! There's the shangri la ranch and jardin del sol spa areas. shangri la is (i believe) just north of phoenix (phoenix and scottsdale are right next to each other so it's not that bad of a drive) and i'm not sure where jardin del sol is. Being the poor college student that i am, i cannot afford to pay to be socially nude :( (who would have thought that to wear LESS clothing one has to pay MORE money. what a crazy mixed up world we live in, but i understand why they charge). Anyway, those are two places to go to. Regretably Arizona is not the most nudist-friendly state (surprisingly) and your options are a little limited. I've posted at the bottom links to both resort areas as well as the aanr-west's page on nudist locations as well as my own personal review of a (free) nude hiking area just out of scottsdale. I'll post it here if anyone requests (or if for some reason i cannot link to another board) but for now the link should suffice.

Shangri la ranch: http://www.shangrilaranch.com/
Jardin Del Sol: http://www.jardin-del-sol.com/pages/1/index.htm
AANR-West Locations Page: http://www.aanrwest.com/wsalist.html
My Review of Desert Creek: http://www.freebodyzone.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=22

Stay naked and have fun!

-Sarah

Bare Butts are Cool!
Being naked is just being barefoot all over

bfg123456798
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  3:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Send bfg123456798 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
also, if you're interested, i live in scottsdale so let me know like a week before you make your trip and we can talk about maybe meeting up and doing something, but i'd understand if you and your wife just want to be alone and not want a ditzy teenage girl hanging around, hehe (although i'll be 20 next month :(, so who knows, maybe i'll turn into a mature young woman...probly not :))

Stay naked and have fun!

-Sarah

Bare Butts are Cool!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  5:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's also Eldorado Hot Springs in Tonopah, AZ.
El Dorado Hot Spring is open every day of the year, holidays included.
All the other business in town are open 24/7/365 so food and fuel are always available.

They've added another private soak named Lily Pond; it has a hot pool and a cool pool and is very nice, especially at night. Soon they're adding a seventh private area which will be named Eagles. It will have a better view of the mountains than even the Sunset Pool has.

Don't be a stranger -- stop soon for a soak. Therapeutic massage available.

El Dorado Hot Spring, A Million Miles From Monday...
POB 10, Tonopah, Arizona 85354
www.el-dorado.com
hotspring@el-dorado.com
623-386-5412

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

bfg123456798
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  8:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Send bfg123456798 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do you live in AZ, Cheri?

Stay naked and have fun!

-Sarah

Bare Butts are Cool!

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  07:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bfg:

Your info and review on the Desert Creek area reminded me of a spot I visited out in SoCal a number of years ago. It was up in the hills in a remote area. It was a great site for relaxing in the nude. It even had a little waterfall and small dammed area that acted as a natural pool. It was never crowded during the week, but on weekends there would be quite a number of people there. Some stayed clothed, others were nude.. I don't know if it is still there. It was in the Cleveland National Park, west of San Juan Capistrano and east of Lake Elsinore.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  08:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, Sara, I don't. I have visited more than 50 parks, clubs, camps, resorts, beaches, etc. in the more than 35 yrs. I have been a nudist though.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

paint4life
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  11:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irishred

I don't know if it is still there. It was in the Cleveland National Park, west of San Juan Capistrano and east of Lake Elsinore.

Was this a free place? I mean, was it one of those hidden spots you just find?

How do you actually get there, do you know?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  6:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks; bfg, Cheri and others who posted replies.

I contacted Shangri La Ranch, waiting for a reply regarding their policy on me visiting alone a couple of days.

See, my wife and I will be in Scottsdale for a week. My wife will be attending some classes and we were wondering what I would do while she was in class. If she is able to get out of her classes soon enough we will go together but if not, I didn't wanna sit around the hotel room all day.

Sarah, thanks for the info on the other sites, and when our travel plans firm up we will post a message on this BB. Maybe you could hang out with us or be a tourist guide.

Thanks for your generous offer.

bfg123456798
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  6:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Send bfg123456798 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You're welcome :)

Stay naked and have fun!

-Sarah

Bare Butts are Cool!

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2003 :  1:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
paint4life:

I don't knoe if it is still there.

It was one of those hidden remote places.. it was free of course. it's been so long i can't remember the main road it was off.

sorry

red

calgarymark
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  4:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

Does anyone know of a Club or Resort near Scottsdale, Arizona? My wife and I will be in Scottsdale in late December for a week and would like to visit a Club or Resort.

Thanks for any information or suggestions you have.

Fireprof, I was in Glendale (w. of Scottsdale) in February this year, and visited both ElDorado and Shangri La. In both cases I phoned ahead, and had no difficulty - I was like you, wife-less for both visits; in fact the question wasn't even asked. I had been at a conference and took advantage of the Saturday and Sunday afternoons afterwards, before returning home.

At ElDorado, do phone ahead and reserve space - they have a limited number of 'tubs' and when I was there I was fortunate to be able to get 2 hours to myself in the Lily Pond, which in fact was a large Rubbermaid tub of the sort used for watering cattle. The hot water outdoors was great, and watching the humming birds and enjoying the breeze, the sun, the trees (yes, even in the desert; something to do with a hot spring. . .) was great. You can choose private or semi-private spaces, I chose private (chickened out at the last minute) and wish I hadn't. Next time. . .

ShangriLa was different - the day was colder, the sun shining through thin cloud. The welcome was warm at the office, but the people at the pool there all seemed to know one another well. I didn't push, and wasn't invited, to join any group or conversation, and it was obvious I was a (lilywhite!) newcomer. Later, in the hot tub, I got chatting to another day-visitor, and then we were joined by some locals who seemed oblivious to our presence.

Both places are well out of town, so I suggest taking a big drinking water bottle and food, (as well as hat and sunglasses), though there is a snack bar at Shangri La. Near to Eldorado is a truck stop with OK food, but it is off site.

Would I go back? yes to both. This was my first 'social' experience, and I will have more courage next time. The weirdest part was feeling uncomfortable undressing in the parking lot at Shangri-La - and then feeling comfortable naked!

CalgaryMark

Edited by - calgarymark on 10/10/2003 11:48:30 PM

El Dorado Hot Springs

Posted - 10/10/2003 :  6:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit El Dorado Hot Springs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Fire,
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

We have a nice naturist hot spring, with accomodations, 40 miles west of Phoenix, right off I-10. Contact us off the list for complete information.

In Hot Water,
Camilla Van Sickle & Bill Pennington
HotSprings@El-Dorado.com
www.el-dorado.com

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/12/2003 :  11:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your replies. I did get in contact with Shangri La Ranch and I will visit there while in Scottsdale.

I will also look up El Dorado Hot Springs. Sounds great.

Just finishing up the reservations and plans for the trip. Looking forward to visiting AZ and it's nudist spots.

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2004 :  9:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Timsidtim, welcome to the Boards.

Boy I didn't know so many of us from AZ were on the boards. We should all do a Shangri La Run sometime :)

Fireprof, too bad I didnt read the forums earlier, we were probably both there @ the same time and didnt know it Did you and your wife enjoy Shangri La? Great time of year to visit

--------------------
"On the 3rd day of Telecommuting, Dilbert found clothing to not be a necesity" -That Dilbert Dude (quote takin from memmory, dont quote me on it )

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2004 :  10:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Ya! Well I have been going to Shangri La for over .. uhm... I think 6 years. Time flys.

I have been an associate member for a year (I think females who accompany me get in free, I am not sure, but HEY ladies if you need a friend to go with and dont mind some kids commin along (Who would mind THAT???) then contact me :)

I LOVE El Dorado! I went when they had just two tubs and have been goin back ever since. Usually its only 4-6 times a year (Still a drive even though I live on the west side of phoenix), but its always a blast to relax for a couple of hours. Kids love it there too.

There USED to be a resort south of Phoenix, it had its own Runway (Airplane, not model)! It was nice, small. Think it died out :(

Jardina Del Sol I went to once many years ago, am planning on going back sometime soon. They had a nice resort.

We are also looking @ joining Canyon State Naturists. I just have ta fill out the form ;)

But I would love to meet people from here. Contact me, always nice to talk to new (and nude) people :)

--------------------
"On the 3rd day of Telecommuting, Dilbert found clothing to not be a necesity" -That Dilbert Dude (quote takin from memmory, dont quote me on it )

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Sunsport Gardens, Loxahatchee, Florida Topic Next Topic: Sunshower Country Club, Indiana  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved