Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 181 ]  [ Total: 181 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Nudism and the "swinging" lifestyle
 is swinging a part/facet of modern naturism?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: C/O resort in Florida slapped with 1.6M lawsuit Topic Next Topic: I dont understand!
Page: of 4

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  8:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Teva

quote:
Originally posted by ROB g

WOW!! This thing is really getting political and religious. Everyone is entilled to their opinions.
But The God that the Jewish religion believe in is the same one we christians believe in. They just don't believe that Jesus was the risen savior. Most of them have better knowledge of the old testment then we Christans. and if Jefferson believed that all men were created equal then why did he rape his female slaves.
Or not make any attempt to abolish slavery?

I hate to reply to a totally off topic post, but here goes....most slave owners in the South treated their slaves excellently according to records and stories passed down from generation to generation.

My family resides in the South. I know this to be fact from biographical family sketches.
Teva

Teva - That was by far the most ignorant and insulting statement ever made on the message board. How did those revisionist relatives of yours sketch their slaves capture from Africa? I'm sure you sleep well at night knowing your great great grandparents treated their purchased enslaved humans with all the dignity and respect they deserved. I don't care how you purport to know how salves were treated. All the best treatment in the world can't make up or excuse the disgusting inhumanity of purchasing human beings who were stolen from their homeland and beaten into submission and forcing them work for free. Salves treated excellently, give me a break.

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  10:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all I want to say I am sorry for bringing up the slave thing. I was way out of line and it had nothing to do with this topic. I should just have let comments about religion and Jefferson alone. So once again I am sorry if I started something that has stirred up trouble.

Second After reading what most of you have had to say it sounds like most places are able to keep family and swinging separetly. And if it goes on in clubs that premotes both it's done discreetly and proffesionly.

Once again I am sorry for stirring up trouble with the whole slave thing.

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  03:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by agde

<snip> If religious fundamentalists bring their beliefs into a public environment, it establishes a religious tension. If politicians set up soapboxes, it politicizes the atmosphere. If swingers bring their hobby into a public environment, whether textile or naturist and however discreetly, it sexualizes that environment.

I think all three statements need work, but I won't dissect them now. My response is, so what? We all put up with religious people on the (religious) make and with politicians on the (political) make, no matter how rude they may be and no matter how little interest we have in their blathering. It's the price we pay for living in a diverse society, a democracy of sorts with a variety of freedoms. Why should that change with regard to swingers? If we accept being hit on religiously and politically, why shouldn't we accept the far more discreet inquiries of swingers?

quote:
One of the things that new naturists are usually busy un-learning is the notion of "private parts" -- that uncovering them is automatically either an invitation to intimacy or puts them in danger of attack by sexual predators. Naturists say, "No. Relax. It is not a signal. It is just natural. Nothing else changes. ..."

That's accurate and well stated.

quote:
"You are safe."

No! We don't say that at all. (It wouldn't be true, and we all know that naturists never lie.) Instead, we say, "You are as safe here while nude as you would be elsewhere while clothed."

quote:
Sexual invitations by swingers in a naturist context assault the primordial feeling of vulnerabilty and hence can break the mutual compact of trust at a really fundamental level.

You've implied several times that only swingers make sexual invitations in a naturist environment. Or perhaps you mean that non-swingers instantly become classified as swingers upon making a sexual invitation. You can't possibly really mean either one.

Sexual invitations (whether by swingers or non-swingers) in a naturist context are no different from such invitations in a textile context. The recipient says, "Yes, thank you" or "No, thank you" or begins to negotiate as to what, when, where, and which auxiliary devices.

Dealing with swingers is 99.9% painless. Upon being told, "No, thank you" swingers change the subject or go away. I've never had a swinger ask me for money or threaten me with eternal hellfire.

-------

I'm going to toss in something of an afterthought here. What you're really saying, I think, is that nudism can't work without imposing more stringent rules than exist in textile American society. I think you're saying that doing away with the nudity taboo requires establishing other taboos. Frankly, it seems to me that you're really saying "Nudity DOES equate to sex" and nudist society must therefore impose sex-related speech and behavioral restrictions that textile society deems unnecessary. Suffice to say, I've seen zero evidence that such restrictions are even remotely necessary.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  06:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Things have taken a turn for the surreal. What to swingers, sex, slaves and nudism have in common? Oh I know they are all posts with in a thread on this board. Weird!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  10:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think the marketplace will eventually decide what happens with both nudist resorts and swinger resorts. I can imagine that there must be somewhat constant portion of each within the whole.

Swinging is a special interest as it were. I would think it has a narrower patronage. You attend those functions are seeking sex. You don't need to be nude to have sex; only partially nude could conceivably do. Public nudity is possible, but you don't go to these places for that. I can only assume that it all gets down to sexuality at some point for each person.

Nudism draws from a wider group of people, and is of more general interest. People who go to nudist resorts are seeking ordinary activities, but where they can be nude. In order to enjoy a nudist resort, almost everybody there likes to be nude. The visitors to a nudist resort enjoy the freedom of being nude, and sharing that feeling with everyone else in ordinary recreationally social situations.

Emotionally, mentally, physically, maybe even spiritually, nudism is not the same as swinging. In this regard, the two are quite different. It would be quite a change of pace for a nudist resort to break out into an orgy out in the open. It would be equally odd if a swinger resort precipitously became purely game oriented, such as volleyball, basketball, softball, shuffleboard, or lying out in the sun in a G rated setting.

That these amusing variations of each group's main purpose actually equals the serious purpose of the opposite group is quite telling. Thus, it highlights the wide disparity of the contrasted activities of each type of resort. Each group looks silly taking on the identity of the other. That accepted, each of the two distinct groups of people appears not to be a facet of the other.

Of course, that is only this fellow's opinion.

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

George Washington

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  10:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been involved in nudism for a long time and the swingers have always been there.

In the background, and for the most part, discreet. I know that there is more openness now, but a simple, "no, thanks" or stating that is not your thing is sufficient.

I view it as a lifestyle choice. Nudism is simply one facet of that group's lifestyle, just as playing tennis or volleyball or becoming involved in resort politics or simply swimming and tanning and other things are to others..

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  08:45:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by calmnude

I have been involved in nudism for a long time and the swingers have always been there.

In the background, and for the most part, discreet. I know that there is more openness now, but a simple, "no, thanks" or stating that is not your thing is sufficient.

I view it as a lifestyle choice. Nudism is simply one facet of that group's lifestyle, just as playing tennis or volleyball or becoming involved in resort politics or simply swimming and tanning and other things are to others..

Well said calmnude, regardless of one's sexual activity or choice, Nudism isn't about sex unless one so chooses it to be and that can/will/ be a problem for those offended or hit on for Sex while enjoying life naturally with ALL types of sexes and sex belongs in its place. Keep it there. Ruin a Resort/Beach quick when it isn't kept in its place.

go n nude

Edited by - go n nude on 02/22/2009 08:47:55 AM

lazarus
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  11:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

We commend those that valiantly have attempted to keep this thread on track.

The way we see it, swingers have spent a lot of money that has supported the nudist industry.

If not for swingers, many clubs would close their doors.
quote:

The way they do this is by behaving well, and by spending a lot of money when they visit. Unless you knew them, you'd hardly know they are swingers. They don't color the resort with any new culture, and not much of anything changes.

I know that our club has swingers attending on some weekends. No one notices them as they are discreet, and so long as they keep their practices behind the doors of their accomodations, who cares. I don't.

quote:
The resort itself may make mistakes with associating openly with the swinging lifestyle.

This has happened to several resorts and with severe backlash from the nudist community.

quote:

This confuses the public. The vast majority of swingers at nudist resorts always behave well, and have been frequenting nudist resorts for years, supporting these establishments, without anyone being unhappy about it.

Please understand we are against overt sex acts at nudist resorts. However, if you are a discrete swinger who always keeps it behind closed doors, and are otherwise well behaved, you would be quite welcome at most nudist resorts, but unfortunately not all.

Agreed. Several of the swinging couples that have attended our club have been very active in organising social events at the club, participating in club activities. It is matter of discretion. I am not the moral cop, and don't do "no knock" entries to our accomodations to see whom is sleeping with who.

If I get a complaint that someone is agressively pursuing someone, then I will take action. In the past 5 years, I have had more problems with over-eager volleyball players hustling for people to fill out a team, than I have had with swingers being agressive looking for playmates.

Hawk
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  12:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hawk's Homepage  Send Hawk a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Only in the land of the free are there so many boxes of rules and standards to put people in.

Slavery, nudism and swinging all on one thread sprinkled with political quotes. This would all make more sense if you threw in some Bushisms.

Hawk

Maple Leaf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  9:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the standard should be the same as any textile location.
-Maple Leaf

nudeones

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  9:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a time and place for everything, like they say nude=sex. That is because of our socal upbring. Just look at young children at play, they could care less if they have clothes on or not. Most of the time they would rather be nude, with no thought about it. It is only later when they are taught that to be nude is a bad thing that they begin to wounder why. Sex is in the mind if you don't think about it it is not there. Before everyone goes off on me let me say that the body is not evil. We were all born nude and will die nude, we all have the same body as everyone else. In my mind no body is bad, after all the book says that we were created in his image, so if we say that the nude body is evil then we are saying that our God is evil. Enough about that, what I am trying to say is that the idea of sex is in ones mind., just because one is nude does not mean that one wants sex. I have know both swingers and nudist and all most swingers respect others. That is not always true about non-swingers. Why is it that people look at others having affairs saying that it is terrible but with a wink. But look at a couple that swing and the lowest thing on earth. It is the same thing except that in the first case someone is going to be hurt and in the second case no one is going to be hurt because both know what is going on. Morality can not be dicated by laws. Most swingers are well aware of what others think and attempt to go with the flow. Can swingers be nudist of good standing YES can nudist be swingers YES, but I bet you will find that swingers are less judgmental than nonswinging nudist. This is my personal experiance.

nudiststory
Forum Member

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  5:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit nudiststory's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I get sad that swinging 'infringes' on nudism....it's really sad. I wish there was some way of separating them for good.

http://www.nudiststory.com - Ebook about youth nudism in Europe

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  09:53:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think swingers have a right to be swingers as much as we do to be nudists but I do not agree when they begin to attend the same resort as a group which slowly turns the resort from a family nudist resort to a swingers haven.

Nudesuncpl
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  08:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hooray for the Admin's comment at the bottom of page 2. We've been going to nudist resorts for 40+ years, and can vouch for the fact that even back in the "old days" some people engaged in "swinging." It wasn't done openly, of course, but it seemed that most people knew it was going on, and knew who was involved. If you were invited to a "party," a polite, "No, thank you," was enough to let people know you weren't interested.

I happens in the upscale resorts, it happens on cruises, and it happens in rustic clubs as well. As long as it happens behind closed doors, and nobody's being forced, it really isn't anyone's business.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  7:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As long as nudism accepts humans as adherents, there will always be swingers.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: C/O resort in Florida slapped with 1.6M lawsuit Topic Next Topic: I dont understand!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved