Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 487 ]  [ Total: 487 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Travel - Tourism - Business
 Nudist-Friendly Businesses and Trades
 Conducting your everyday business in the nude
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: List your nudist-friendly business here
Page: of 7

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  12:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberly

You do have a point there Corasol, mybe you would have to carry a purse.
In some of Larry Niven's Science Fiction, "registered nudists" always carry a purse (= handbag for British readers), in a world so crowded that pickpocketing has been decriminalized.

As a 1970's Public Information Film on the BBC raised the question, "Where is the only place you are safe from pickpockets" - "At a nudist colony (sic)!"

A toolbelt solves the "femininity" issue with purses for men in some businesses.

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

The Bead Artist formerly known as Revilo42

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  11:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Your right about the safest place from a pickpocket David. The only thing is they also know where you left your wallet! I think men carry purses now, they just call them brief cases.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  08:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David and Kim, I use a backpack. Easy to carry and can store what you need for a day at the beach in the pack.

irishred

mark_fla
Forum Member

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  09:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a studio in the house that I work from maybe 50% of the time, so always nude. Of course when we actually have to go to our office or a clients location its clothed but always commando. I can't remember the last time I had a pair of underwear on.
Of course down here people tend to wear less any way.
I haven't seen a pair of pantyhose on my wife in 15 years at least:)

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  03:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
mark_fla I do wear a lot of wool clothes to work up here both to dress up to go out, so pantyhose are appropriate for those times, but its nude the rest of the time.

Kim =^.^=

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  07:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I prefer the hip pouch or fanny pack. For some reason, some people associate that on men with homosexuality. I look at it as a practical tool. When traveling, I used it to hold my wallet (pickpockets), camera, and spare film. When I got my video camera, I began using my backpack(arms through both straps, not just on over the shoulder) to carry the video camera, photo camera, and any books and gifts I bought in my travels. A good backpack will have slots for a check book, ink pen, pencil, umbrella, and my personal favorite books. When I first visited a nude beach, I used the back pack to keep the clothes safe from excessive amounts of sand. I get the feeling some day we won't need drivers license or plastic forms of ID. Scientist are currently working on a DNA reader. Their goal is to have some sort of scanning gun in which you point at a person's skin and get their DNA code. I'm willing to bet that if this technology becomes readily available, our identification will be our DNA code. Get pulled over, you might hear "Let me see your hand for DNA scan". If the technology moves that far, we could eventually pay for items through our DNA. The banks can tie our account to our DNA and a scan at the supermarket, department store, or nudist gift shop would result in an electronic transfer of funds from our account to the store's account.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  03:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sailordave sounds a little scary to me, like "1984" or something.

Kim =^.^=

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  07:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd prefer the DNA scan over the chip implant some have theorized. At least with the DNA scan, the possibility of identity theft will be next to impossible. Only problem I can see is identical twins.

We the willing who are led by the unknown must do the impossible for the ungrateful.

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  2:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More likely than DNA is iris scanning, which is based on using a mathematical transform to compare images of people's eyes.

It has the advantages (and disadvantages) of being non-intrusive and highly reliable. Like fingerprints, everyones irises are unique: cross checking a database of 1 million images, there were no false positives, nor any false negatives. Twins don't give false positives - unlike with DNA tests - and even the same persons left and right eyes won't match. Together with minimal human supervision, they are almost impossible to fool - holding up a picture of someone's eye to a camera will arouse suspicion in the most bored security guard. Contact "lenses" don't work either: firstly, it raises suspicions if you appear to be blind(!); secondly, simple unobtrusive optical tests show that a fake iris is in front of the lens (no "red eye" effect) and that it doesn't close when illuminated. The only foolproof attack would be an eyeball transplant!

They work under extreme conditions - they have been used to confirm images of Osama bin Laden, and - on a more positive note - to confirm that a woman was in fact the same person as a young orphan child from Afganistan featured on the cover of Time some twenty years ago.

From a privacy point of view, iris scans can actually have advantages. The result of a scan is basicly a very large number (close to a thousand digits) and no two scans are exactly the same. Therefore, the scan recorded on your driver's licence would not be an exact match for the one on your passport, a club membership card or each of your credit cards. A bank could scan your iris and use your driver's licence (and it's scan value) to check your identity and issue you a "smart" credit card with the bank's scan result built in (a smart card can be used to hold a secret and act as an oracle - you ask it questions like "does this scan match your secret value?" and it tells you the answers without revealing the secret). If you lose your card, the bank can still identify you against their record of your scan.

You can use the smart card together with a "live" scan for major transactions, such as walking into an out of state bank and asking to withdraw thousands of dollars, but for ordinary use it would work as an ordinary credit card. If you had it stolen, it would not reveal too much about you (any more than someone with a camera could get), as the scan in the card - even if the smart card was "cracked" - could not be used to access other accounts, as their scan values would all be different.

This is vastly different to Social Security numbers, which are a "secret" known to only a few thousand people (bankers, employers, health workers, insurance and used car salesmen).

Getting back on topic, iris scans are one step to making conducting business in the nude more practical - no need for pockets, as the eyes have it (pun intended )

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  04:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep that was a pun for the pun thread David.

It sounds like they are getting all this down to a science, in response to all this identity theft.

KIm =^.^=

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  1:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberly

Your right about the safest place from a pickpocket David.
Just by coincidence, we had a request today from a customer for a matching bead purse, as she "wouldn't have any pockets" for her keys and cash!

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  04:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
David that sounds like a great idea!

Kim =^.^=

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  1:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
... and it gave me an idea for the ideal complement to a bead cover up or outfit (for going from your room to the nude beach), or just by itself:

A bead necklace or belly chain with a pocket just large enough for the au minimum requirements for the modern nudist - credit card, photo ID and room key!

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  03:09:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That would work David. I have had those plastic containers you wear around your neck on a cord to hold your keys. Keys do not always fit in the container either.

Kim =^.^=

nudewoodsman

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  8:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I HAVE to wear clothes (UGH) I wear a kilt, and no, I do not wear underwear (don't even own any).

Page: of 7 Topic Next Topic: List your nudist-friendly business here  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved