Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 187 ]  [ Total: 187 ]  [ Newest Member: chicagonudist ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 New to nudism? Beginners post your questions here.
 Talking to the opposite sex?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Is it OK to compliment a persons figure? Topic Next Topic: Walking on the beach
Page: of 2

hefe4pres

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  10:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always heard about nudism and wanted to try. I found a local hot springs near where i lived called Dakota Hot Springs in Penrose Colorado. I went last weekend and really enjoyed it. I was really neat being nude with other people. There were couples that i wanted to talk to, but i was worried that they would think i was trying to get a closer look at their wife or girlfriend so i stayed back. There were some single women, but i was again nervous about approaching them.

Is there a correct way to approach couples or women?

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 12/26/2008 :  12:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have had this problem, too. What I do (not that I'm an expert) is to listen to any conversations for a bit of time, and develop a thought to share. Then I chime in and say something. I make sure I look the woman in the eye and have a smile. Or, you could just say, "Hi, I'm Hefer4pres (or whatever)."

Once you have the ball rolling it's a lot easier. If the woman is interested in chatting, she'll give back some verbal energy, and then the ball is in your court to continue. If the woman is not interested, or is cold, you'll find out, and then you can drop any further conversation. I guess you could say that you need to "sample" her attitude and see what it is. Of course, a lot of people will at least be polite and say something back, but that won't necessarily mean they have feelings for you, that is if you're on the prowl. Take a chance, and say "hi." If they don't respond back, just sit back and enjoy the hot springs, and later buy a steak dinner for yourself, or some great tasting chili if you're a vegetarian like me.

If you act respectfully and politely, let them do the worrying instead of you. Personally, if someone said "hi" to me in a polite manner, I would worry about myself if I acted cold and did not reply.

Remember, that the man and woman in each couple you saw at the springs were at one time strangers to each other, and one of them, at one time, took the trouble to say hello to the other. And the rest was history. Also, I try to remember that the random conversations you are hearing are not uninteruptable speeches or Shakespeare plays. They are just ramblings, and often nonsensical, and you can speak right up, and give them a new point of view. Might even make some friends, too. We all need variety, and new things and people in our lives -- you could be that person to a couple. or a single woman.

There are about 150,000,000 women in America. Many of them are single, and some are about your age, and of those, some are nudists. Take heart.

Best of luck!!! And tell us how you're doing with this.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

n/a
deleted

Posted - 12/26/2008 :  10:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well-said, Warmskin.

I have never been approached by a man at a nude beach or springs. But then, I've never been there alone. A person's attitude and bearing are always important when making contact ... this is no different.

If you don't like my profile picture, then use whiteout on your monitor.

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 12/26/2008 :  3:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the responses to this subject. A warm smile and sincere "Hi" will do you well. In addition, a comment on current conditions also works. "I love your piercings; how long have you had them?" "Hi; I'm Charles, how are you?" "Do you come here often?" "How long are you staying?" "Are you a resident?"

Good luck.

olwino1
Forum Member

Posted - 12/26/2008 :  6:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we all share the same concerns . On the beach I have never had a problem saying hello to a couple or even asking where their home is . I have found most people at clothing optional beaches to be very friendly and helpfull. Much more so than on the regular beaches . It is not uncommon at all for me to watch someone else stuff if they want to take a walk or ask them to watch my stuff to ward off theives . Just be yourself and be friendly and watch for the human signs of interest .

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 12/26/2008 :  11:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since the death of my wive almost three years ago I've been a single guy who happens to be rather shy, so I've been in your position. I have to agree with the advise that's been given. Don't be bashful. Smile and say hello to everyone. join in any conversations that interest you. On the rare occasions when you get a cool response just move on. I've found the nudists I've encountered to be the most friendly folks there are.

Bill

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  12:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Treating those you meet,with respect and in the same way you would like to be treated helps greatly. To say nudists are the friendlist people, i have encountered a few,that didn't get that memo. Although generally most encounters were ok some would rather be left alone and its their privilage. Many woman attend the resort/beach alone which doesn't mean they're single or desperate, take care=don't worry=be yourself.

go n nude

Edited by - go n nude on 12/27/2008 12:38:38 PM

OldBaldGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  11:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently did my first public/social/whateveryoucallit nudity on a cruise ship. I just looked people in the eye and said "hi," or "where are you from?" No problems at all, be it man, woman, young, or old. I was instantly talking to a couple of 18 year old dancers from the ships stage show, then a couple from Holland. With them (both women) we even got into talking about body "flaws." The list goes on and on. Just maintain eye contact, and act like you are BSing with someone in the grocery store checkout line (something else we do a lot of)...

OBG

cony
Forum Member

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  07:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OldBaldGuy

Just maintain eye contact, and act like you are BSing with someone in the grocery store checkout line (something else we do a lot of)...

except where I live we all know each other in the grocery store!

Cony

hefe4pres

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  11:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well i went back to my local spot Dakota Hot Springs this weekend and tried all the advice i have recieved on this forum. For the most part it worked. There were some people who did not welcome me, but some were very welcoming. Thanks for all the advice. It realllly pays to be active and talk to people. I talked to a lot of people and was friendly. The cool thing was when i left. Most people i passed said goodbyie. How cool was that?!?

Thanks

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  2:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its alway interesting to me that went there is a large group at a nudist venue women shy away from average single men but when there is only about a half dozen nudist present every one seem comfortable talking one on one. Several years back at the club I belonged to we had a weekday group usually tuesday, wednesday and thursday we gathered and we would have a great time when the weekend arrived the club wasn't as enjoyable.

Drakkus
Forum Member

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  4:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Small groups are always more intimate, which is why I tend to shy away from larger groups of people. My greatest memories are almost exclusively from within groups of less than 10 people. So I agree with Bob: If you actually want to get to talk to people, especially women, as a single male, look for smaller groups of people and you'll be much more successful at feeling like a part of the group.

Be True and Stay Naked,
Drakkus

One is nothing more, and nothing less, than what they believe themselves to be.

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  6:18:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hefe4pres

Is there a correct way to approach couples or women?

No, there's no "correct" way. When approaching anyone (couples, women, and men too) do whatever works well for you in a clothed situation. That is, do as you would if you and everyone else were clothed.

Staring is rude in both clothed and nude environments. That includes staring at a person's eyes, nose, or face. Most experienced nudists/naturists (99%, IMO) will assume that an eye-starer is a nervous newbie who really wants to stare elsewhere. And, IMO, they'll be correct 99% of the time.

IMO, you should see as you normally see.

OLD BUZZARD
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  11:22:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having no trouble meeting people.A big hello and a smile and introduce my self,and ask if its ok to visit,then take it from there.........old buzzard

not as good as i once was.....DAMMIT

sunnymelissa

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  1:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't get offended by a single male approaching me to talk to me at a nudist beach - if he is there to hit on me, it will be obvious, and I can handle it. What DOES creep me out is getting stared at by someone who doesn't come over to say hi.

ultrahd
Forum Member

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  5:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Send ultrahd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
melissa , anyone would be crazy not to say hi to u ! so hello !!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Is it OK to compliment a persons figure? Topic Next Topic: Walking on the beach  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved