Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 197 ]  [ Total: 197 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Conservative / Family Nudist Resort - Trip Reports
 Turtle Lake Resort
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Sunshower Country Club, Indiana Topic Next Topic: Gite in France
Page: of 4

Bejammin
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  1:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a "closet nudist" about to try coming out. The closest resort to me is Turtle Lake in Michigan. I am a bit shy and thought I'd try going during the winter-off season. It is supposed to have nice indoor facilities. I am also trying to persuade my girlfriend to join me for the day, or over night.
Anyone been to Turtle Lake, and what can you tell me about it. Website and all I've heard it good, but would like to hear from those who have been-or go there. Alsao, any tips for a first-time, shy nudist wanabe?

Pat
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  2:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a member at Turtle Lake . I think you will enjoy it very much. The staff is very nice & so are the other nudists.
I spend the winter in Texas so I don't go to the resort during that time. The last I heard they were going to work on the pool & hot tub during off peak time like now so you should call & see if they are open.

Enjoy,

Pat

Edited by - Pat on 12/06/2008 2:45:15 PM

nat3302
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  3:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not a member there but have visited TLNR in the summertime. Stayed in the motel near the entrance, it has a community kitchen and commons area with TV and also an open room with tables for playing cards, etc. The grounds are very well maintained, and spacious. The pool is covered so you may be able to swim during the winter. Everyone was very friendly, it is highly recommended.

Scott-IN

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  7:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott-IN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was at Turtle Lake earlier today for the first time in months. I get there every other weekend or so over the winter. I didn't stay long but did get in a nice swim (the pool is up and running after being closed for about a month).

TLR is better in the summer than winter as you have 140 acres to explore instead of just a 20,000 square foot building -- but what a great winter escape from the cold and snow to head to the pool and hottub. There weren't many people in the clubhouse this afternoon -- likely will be busier tonight as they are having a dance

Next Saturday, there are several things on the schedule including their annual Christmas auction which usually attracts a decent turnout and people grab on to bargains that likely serve as Christmans presents. An auction company brings the stuff in and runs the sale. A dance later Saturday night. Almost always some good water volleyball on Saturdays in the winter.

Advice for first timer. Just do it! And don't forget to take a couple of towels.

I was supposed to take a first timer with me today, but she couldn't make it. Maybe next week.

Scott

wayne a
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  6:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

My wife & I have never been there in the winter, but I can tell you the summer's are like paradise. Walking to the pool or to the lake or just around the grounds on a sunny 85 degree day is a wonderful feeling. The people are real, everyone accepts you as you are. We went for the first time in summer of '07 for 4 nights in August and meet some really nice folks. This past summer we went twice and loved it. Next year with the both our kids off to college we're thinking once a month starting in June and going till their Halloween party.
I heard that the indoor pool is open now, the clubhouse has a nice indoor pool and a hot tub. On the other side is a hall with a dance floor. The dances there on Saturday nights with a djay are great. The feeling of dancing nude with your spouse and a hundred other nude people having a great time is unbelivable.
It's ONLY December!!!! GOD 6 more months, I don't know if I can make it. Why do we live in MI??!!

Wayne

Bejammin
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  11:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's why I need to give it a try during winter...to ge my feet wet...feel more confident. I'm not so certain about dances...although it sounds like fun, not suer I could handle a slow dance! Do people switch partners to dance...how comfortable is it to cut in? Maybe after I've had a chance to become accustomed to the lifestyle it will be second nature.
Living in MI...I'm not sure why...tell me!! Here we are, not out of Fall yet and up to our...in that white stuff!

wayne a
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  10:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No switching of partners. Slow dance with your spouse. Most of the dances are fast, everyone just dancing just like at a wedding but with no clothes. Nobody tries to force anything on you, relax, enjoy. Once you go, I promise you won't want to leave.

Wayne

nude gardener
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  12:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I live at Turtle Lake year round and love it both summer and winter. The people are great and the staff really go out of their way to make visitors feel welcome. The pool and hot tub are open after a new paint job( looks great).We were first time nudists our first visit here 4 years ago on our honeymoon. We liked it so much that in two years we sold our house and moved here. When you visit look us up, you'll find us shooting pool most weekend afternoons.

slick214
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  8:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nude gardener, my wife and I camped there 4 times this summer and loved it. Tell me more about what goes on in the winter. How many people live there all year and how many locals come out for the weekends? How many people attend the d-jay dances in the winter? What other activities are happening in the winter? (I do check the web site often) Thanks

Bejammin
Forum Member

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  09:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all for adding to the original post and for answering my questions! Clothes or not, this is the best and friendliest of sites!! No clothes makes it even better! Wayne, thanks for the info on the dances. Nude gardner, when we make it to TL, we will be sure to look for you at the pool tables!! Maybe will play a "mixed pairs" tournament!? Slick, check the Turtle Lake site. It has a calendar of events and seems to be pretty detailed and current. Also seems like mose special events are the dances that appear to be held a couple of times a month? I'm sure there is some kind of event(s)for Christmas and New Years. You could also call their office and ask for information...they are very friendly and helpful.

nude gardener
Forum Member

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  4:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It varies a lot as to how many people come out for the weekends. Our weather in the winter really dictates a lot. Usually we end up with 10-20 couples at the winter dances. Nothing that I know of is scheduled for Christmas but we do have a New Years dinner and dance. The info is on the website. As far as other winter activities goes, we always have all the facilities in the clubhouse, pool table, ping pong,indoor shuffleboard, and a lot of water volleyball. The website usually has info on special events, very limited this time of year. If you enjoy the outdoors, it is a good place to cross country ski, 164 acres. Not something we do. but I have seen others enjoying it. We prefer to be naked and warm inside!! We also have ice fishing on Turtle Lake.
We would love to play some mixed partners with you, beware, I have taught her to well, she beat me two out of three yesterday!

Bejammin
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  09:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now I'm a little nervous about playing pool with the two of you! Are you the resort's pool pros? When we show up at TL, we'd love to play pool with you and introduce ourselves! hope to see you sometime in January or February. Let me say it again, this is a great site!

tigerlady45
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  5:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we are far from the pros out here. We just have fun and like the game. Look foward to seeing you here.

nude gardener
Forum Member

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  06:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before the current owners purchased the resort, they had a yearly musicfest that from what I hear was quite an event. I found out last night they are going to bring it back this summer. August 8th & 9th. From what I was told it will be a mini version to see how it goes. No big name bands this year, but the bands they have are all pretty good. Should be a great time.
With the economy being what it is this should be a good way to get new people to come out and see what our great lifestyle is all about. We have the AANR convention in July so it will be a fun filled summer. Right now it is 10 above with 5-10 inches of snow coming. HURRY UP SUMMER!!!

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  10:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nude gardener

Before the current owners purchased the resort, they had a yearly musicfest that from what I hear was quite an event. I found out last night they are going to bring it back this summer. August 8th & 9th. From what I was told it will be a mini version to see how it goes. No big name bands this year, but the bands they have are all pretty good. Should be a great time.
With the economy being what it is this should be a good way to get new people to come out and see what our great lifestyle is all about. We have the AANR convention in July so it will be a fun filled summer. Right now it is 10 above with 5-10 inches of snow coming. HURRY UP SUMMER!!!

It was a huge success from what I remember. BTW, it's not the AANR convention in July; it's the AANR-Midwest (Regional convention). AANR convention in 2009 is in Oklahoma.
Teva

slick214
Forum Member

Posted - 12/24/2008 :  09:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not seen the motorcycle rally on the calendar for next year yet. Do you expect it will return. Also we had heard the conversation pool was going to be expanded. Any truth to that also?

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Sunshower Country Club, Indiana Topic Next Topic: Gite in France  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.16 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved