Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 483 ]  [ Total: 483 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Art (non-erotic, all subjects over 18)
 Video, film, performance, or unusual media
 Modified Nudism Set to 17th Century Poetry
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Catchy Little Naked Music Video Topic  

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  3:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I remembered a piece of music in my collection that seems somewhat appropriate here. It is from a semi-opera from England in the 1600s.

The scene has King Arthur in the woods, wherein two sirens and King Arthur run into each other. We have to have a little culture here, right?

The poetry from this semi-opera goes as follows:

Two daughters of this aged stream are we;
And both our sea-green locks have comb'd for thee;
Come bathe with us an hour or two;
Come naked in for we are so;
What danger from a naked foe?

What did they know in England then, that we Victorian Americans have no clue about today? Such unnatural people we must live with!!

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  01:33:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! What other nudie forum features quotes from John Dryden? NRO is a class act, forsooth! As for the quoted passage, a lesser man than Arthur (me, for instance) might find two naked sirens fearsome foes indeed ... despite the green hair.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  02:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well said, Doc. You know your Dryden! You probably know that the music written for this semi-opera was by Henry Purcell, the only composer who could pull this off, and make it a classic, to boot. I have it on an LP.

Needless to say, I tried to place myself in that nude encounter with the sirens, but thought that called for King Arthur, and no one less. I'll settle for the nudist resort swimming pool with its chorine. sigh.

By the way, while there is a doctor in the house, just have to tell you that my latest cholesterol reading was -- 59 -- TC, 49 -- triglyecerides, 26 -- HDL and LDL -- 24. Disgusting, huh?

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  08:45:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps there was chlorine in that 'aged stream'; that would explain the green hair.

Amazing numbers on the cholesterol. I only wish mine were that good. There may be a statin in my future.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  7:47:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doc,

I'll have to rummage around and see what else Henry Purcell's music can be linked to nudism or nudity, in a serene setting. As soon as I do something completely unrelated something will come to mind. I have been listening to this kind of music since the 1960s, and something will surface relating to the topic at hand.

I have used Niaspan, but must use Aspirin to prevent the itching. It works wonders on Lpa, pattern B LDL, and other parameters, and that is the naked truth!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  02:01:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

Wow! What other nudie forum features quotes from John Dryden? NRO is a class act, forsooth! As for the quoted passage, a lesser man than Arthur (me, for instance) might find two naked sirens fearsome foes indeed ... despite the green hair.

Here you go, Doc, a convenient photo of John Dryden and Henry Purcell.

Download Attachment: purcelldryden.jpg
41.22 KB

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  12:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, 'skin. I think I need to grow my hair out.

Previous Topic: Catchy Little Naked Music Video Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.14 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved