Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 524 ]  [ Total: 524 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Resorts or clubs that require or enforce nudity
 Completely Nude Resorts - Clothing not an option
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: How do you feel about resorts that require nudity?
Page: of 6

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  02:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No argument here Doc. But we're not talking about "clothing optional" clubs and resorts. We are discussing "nude mandatory" clubs and resorts.

This subject always begins discussing apples to apples but always turns to comparing apples to pears. There are "some" nude mandatory clubs and resorts and there a many "clothing optional" clubs and resorts. There really is a difference, in that, at a "nude mandatory" venue ... you are "expected" to be naked, weather permitting.

Why would a first timer go to a "nude mandatory" resort? Why would a member or resident of the "nude mandatory" resort wear clothes more often than they are naked? Why would you live in a place like that and always wear clothes?

There's a woman that manages part of our club. She and her husband live in the nude community and she works for the club as the manager of this facility. We've been members at this club for over 5 years. We've visited countless times and see her most every time. Many times, the facility she manages is not open ... yet ... we've never even seen her topless. She is ALWAYS fully dressed ... why is that? You'd think the after the countless times we've visited , the numerous times we've seen her, we'd at least see her topless or laying around the pool and relaxing. You could say ... maybe we've just hit it on days she's decided to be dressed ... BUT ... other residents have actually said "she's never, never naked." Why would you live in a place like that and not be naked? Doesn't make sense.

I'm totally in favor of C/O clubs and resorts. They are needed to break newbies in but ... I'm not in favor of textiles taking over a clothing optional resort just because there's a policy of optional clothing use. I'll bet all those clubs adopted that type of policy to allow newbies to get accustom to being naked and the policy morphed into allowing textiles to inhabit the nude clubs.

Makes no sense ... we don't have many nude venues and "we" continue to allow those that don't care to get involved in our lifestyle ... to come and share it. They don't let us share textile venues in the nude.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  08:33:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

BUT ... other residents have actually said "she's never, never naked." Why would you live in a place like that and not be naked? Doesn't make sense.

On the other end of the spectrum, there's Cedar Creek, SC. The first time we went, our friends had told us we needn't bother with the formality of checking in dressed; which was slightly unusual for us. When we walked through the front door of the office, I understood why. The owner/manager was standing in the middle of the office, completely nude, talking to a couple of nude members. She greeted us, we filled the paperwork, chatted a bit; and we didn't have to discuss rules/etiquette since it was obvious we were all on the same page. I think the only time I've seen her cover up was to wear a sarong to deal with contractors; but then she took it off as soon as they left. She was nude 90% of the time.

For nudists with a preference for nudity, this was ideal. We knew right off the bat that we didn't have to tip-toe in terms of where we could be nude. That facilitated being NOA; just tossing our clothes in the car and being nude right from the parking lot through the day.

But; I can see how for a newbie or a reluctant wife, this could be quite daunting. It's easy to imagine a wife, who has never been around nude people other than her immediate family - and who hasn't been nude herself in front of anyone but her husband - to suddenly walk in an office with 5 naked people; and one of them just suddenly walks up to her to and says "How can I help you today!" What the wife would really be hearing is: "Now...there is NO escape!" LOL!

In an ideal world, for every C/O resort, there would a be a nude resort on the other side of town for people who have a preference for nude.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  11:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ideally ... this is the way all "nudist" clubs and resorts should operate, in my opinion. You go to a nude or clothing optional place, you're gonna encounter nudity ... so why not right as you check it.

I've been to only one club where the office staff was naked, Shangri La Ranch. Maybe because it's AZ and it's warm there but it wasn't "hot" those days I visited. It could have been that the "office" was inside the gate and anyone needing to go to the office for anything was going to encounter many more naked bodies by the time they reached the office.

Our office staff is almost NEVER naked. The office is outside the gate and "their" reasons for remaining covered are that they deal with som many "vendors", contractors that it's easier to just remain covered to take care of business. It makes sense. One woman was talking with others around the pool, at the club, one day about some contractors that were working at her home. Living naked, as she does, she said that the contractors weren't getting much work done with her being naked and doing what she needed to up at her place ... so she had to leave and come sit by the pool so they would get to work! hahaha

But ... here's the deal, she came down to the pool deck dressed! Then stripped off at the pool deck. So ... let me get this straight; you're naked up at your place and the contractors aren't getting the job done cuz you're naked. You get dressed to walk down to the pool area and then take your clothes off again. yeah ... that makes sense! hahaha

We only have the one club in the area that is a "NUDE" club, not a clothing optional club ... but even that club, you see clothed people walking around and it's a hot day! I've rationlized all the reasons why that could be ... but in the end ... maybe, just maybe, some "nudists" get tired of being naked?

Not me and I can't move to a place where I don't have to wear clothes! hahahahahahaha

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  11:16:55 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"...that's really too bad because it won't be long before it'll be frowned upon to be naked at a nude resort!"

No kidding. Same with CO beaches where I am almost beginning to feel self-conscious about being naked. Although I agree with the intentions of CO policies (make things easier for newbies), like many things in life, they get abused as time goes on. I know of a CA resort where it's not uncommon to see entire families wearing clothing on warm days, and another resort where you cannot see a single nude person at the weekend dances. I've written in a different thread about the growing clothing trend I see on one of CA's premier "nude" beaches. Where does this end? What happened to people who want to be naked? It seems like we are bending over backwards to make it easier for women (especially) to gradually ease into nude venues, and yet they end up wearing clothes as often as possible and changing the culture of the locations. Women back in the 60's and 70's weren't catered to like this, and they managed to become full-fledged nudists. What has changed?

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  11:28:14 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I forgot to add that things may even backfire because of CO policies. For example, my wife was one of two nude women on a nude/CO beach this weekend where there were dozens of women. If she had said she was self-conscious and wanted to dress, I would have completely understood. I felt a bit odd myself sandwiched between clothed couples (we were there first and they sat down around us). By catering to women with CO policies are we making it uncomfortable for women who actually are nudists? Will we eventually end up with a CO beach where only (some) men are nude?

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  11:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

I've been to only one club where the office staff was naked, Shangri La Ranch. Maybe because it's AZ and it's warm there but it wasn't "hot" those days I visited. It could have been that the "office" was inside the gate and anyone needing to go to the office for anything was going to encounter many more naked bodies by the time they reached the office.

That is a good point! Cedar Creek's front office is way beyond the gates and a good ways past the parking lot. There are constantly nude people walking through the front office to enter or exit the resort. Not to mention people standing there just talking. It makes sense that the owner wouldn't bother covering up since the front office placement makes interaction with nude people virtually unavoidable. I hadn't really thought of front office placement as being "strategic" or pro nudity. Interesting!

quote:
Originally posted by nudesunguy

I've written in a different thread about the growing clothing trend I see on one of CA's premier "nude" beaches. Where does this end? What happened to people who want to be naked?

"Nude" beaches are a different issue; because they are technically not managed like resorts. In reality, "nude" beaches are actually really clothing-optional. If textilization takes over, the only thing that can stop it...are the nudist regulars. And that can be an arduous task.
Mazo beach has done a good job at staying nude; mostly because of the "regulars" that come in good numbers, and are always nude. newbies "get the picture" immediately when they walk unto the beach and see that everyone is nude. That makes the C/O option more elusive.

Edited by - Nudony on 06/03/2013 11:17:36 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  12:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree ... "nude beaches", legal/illegal or tolerated are actually clothing optional because except for those beaches that are attached to "nude" resorts, the beach is almost always ... public, so you can't stop textiles from coming onto the beach nor can you force them to strip.

What needs to be done when more and more textiles start using the "nude" beaches ... is to get "nudists" to come and use the beach! Most times what I hear is ... "too many clothed people there now so I don't go anymore." So ... we just give up another venue!

Nudists need to use the beaches we have, need to use the nude and clothing optional resorts ... NUDE/NAKED! If we give in and either stop going naked or stop using those place designated for nude use ... nude ... then we are more to blame than those that are wearing clothes in a nude venue.

Don't stop using nude places ... use them and talk to these textiles and find out why they are there. Then convince them to shed the threads and get with the program!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  08:37:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How too true.

My x very much started off as a C/O, on and off sarong nudist. If it wasn't the sarong, it was a long t-shirt or towel wrapped around her. Just to walk from the pool to the restroom or back to the car. Then we made friends at a non-landed club event, where she stayed nude for the first time. The lady of the couple we befriended was what one might call a "total nudist package." She lived nude at home, spent much of her free time at a nearby resort. And except when we went to town to hang out; she was always nude. I could tell it was rubbing off on my wife. When we'd meet up at our resort, she'd leave off the sarong, and demonstrate a sort of "naked enthusiasm" around our friends. But what really threw me off was during a week end we were spending at her place. We were headed to her resort, and since our friend had a jeep with tinted windows, she offered my wife to ride together "clothing-optional" to the resort. To my surprise, my wife readily accepted. When I arrived and parked ahead of them, my wife jumped out of the jeep - nude - and started heading to the front office with our friend - also nude. It was just kind of amazing how they both seemed to be "in synch" in terms of really "being" nude. I think after that my wife was always NOA and stayed nude; even if it was a little chilly she would just throw a towel over her shoulders - still nude.

The importance - particularly of nude nudist women - is incalculable. Not just for my x - who by the way "payed it forward" once by being the nude role-model and helping a reluctant wife face her fears; but for all the women I've seen struggle with the idea of social nudity. A nude woman may have asked that lady you mentioned, FP: "Oh you covered up just to come to the pool?" And caused her to think about the "rationality" behind it. That's something that we men cannot do. We need those women - like our friend - who do take an "always nude" approach to nudism and set the bar, so to speak.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  10:22:04 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, nude beaches are essentially CO, since nobody can be forced to be nude. However, in the good old days (15-20 years ago) I don't remember this being a problem. The only clothed people on nude beaches were the gawkers, and even some of them stripped down to their underwear and Oxfords (!). Nowadays you see entire groups of textiles; they like the fact they can drink, smoke pot, and bring their dogs, but seem to have no interest in joining in the nude freedom. This seems new to me, as does the constant "covering up" at nudist resorts. Last time we visited LDS we even noticed a guy wearing a sarong by the pool. What the heck?

Very true comment about how just one or two women can set the standard for others to follow. We need more women like that; hope they aren't being intimidated by all the textiles slipping into the ranks.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  5:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As i have stated in the past..this is an important topic to me. I long for the days where the majority of people at nudist venues were ACTUALLY NAKED! This whole "half dressed- lingerie- skimpy costume thing" completely defeats the whole purpose of nudism. I know many will disagree because they think the crux of the whole nudism lifestyle is "acceptance" when if fact the crux of the lifestyle as I feel it was intended..is to NOT WHERE CLOTHES BECAUSE THAT'S HOW YOU ARE MORE COMFORTABLE. Just because many nudists happen to be "accepting" people is a different thing all together.

The majority of resorts will never be too strict in mandating nudity, as they feel it would alienate many first timers. Not to mention the droves of "long timers" that rarely get naked themselves!

All any of us can do is set an example ourselves in regard to nudity and hope others will follow suit.

Jenn

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  8:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So true. Who could have foreseen that nudist (now clothing optional) venues would be compromised by "nudists" wearing clothing?

I've always felt the "clothing optional" label was just there to encourage newbies to give it a try (temporarily). It never occurred to me that actual nudists would embrace it. And if nudists go around wearing clothing at their own resorts & beaches, what do they expect newcomers to do?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  9:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But Jenn also brings up something similar to what I questioned earlier ... have these "nudists", "nudists" that are residents of these clubs and resorts, grown tired of being naked??? Do they feel that ... "I can be naked all the time, and sometimes I just don't feel like it."

I don't want to mix the lingerie issue with this topic because we've hashed that out already and ... I can see "shorts or sarongs" being used by females "occasionally" for personal reasons but what we are discussing is the nudists that are constantly dressed while living in this environment and the weather ISN'T a factor.

Acceptance, in this lifestyle, has now taken a different path. It usually meant that "nudists" were accepting of all people regardless of sex, age, body shape, ... I don't remember it ever stating that we are accepting of clothed members and residents in our environment.

The only way to take back these beaches, clubs and resorts is to fight fire with fire. The nudists need to go out of their way to be naked everywhere they can and especially where we see an influx of textiles using or taking over our venues. If nudists continue to cover or dress when there's really no need, it sends a message to everyone that ... maybe ... it's something that's becoming the norm and more and more people will begin to cover.

I've said it before, my wife needs to cover when she's had enough sun ... BUT ... if that's the case, we will usually retire to a place off the pool deck and rec ctr area to the grass area above the pool deck and sit under a tree where she can take off her shirt and still be protected from the sun ... but she's still naked! About the only time she puts on the shirt other than for sun protection is when she gets cold. If we're staying at the club, we retire to the motorhome. If we're not staying ... then we usually pack up and leave if it's too cold to be naked.

Anymore, now, clubs and resorts have cornered themselves into the "pool area and spa' are the only places where "nudity" is mandatory... but as I stated, that's not always enforced or seldom enforced at our club. If management or other residents and members don't speak up ... we'll soon have as many clothed/covered people in lounges as we do naked people.

This isn't about ... "I've shown you mine, now show me your's." This is about people who are supposedly of the same mindset, visiting a place where we ALL would rather be and being there because we hate wearing clothes and being naked makes us more comfortable. But it seems as though more and more have lost that comfort level with being naked and feel more comfortable covered and clothed. To them .. I say, "there are plenty of OTHER places for you to live ... clothed."

Edited by - FireProf on 06/06/2013 9:09:13 PM

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  12:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will concur; on all fronts, with FP.

I will only add this. When I was a family nudist resort-goer, I settled on one specific resort as our nudist home-base (BA). I noticed that most people would usually check-in the front office dressed, go to the pool area, find a seat and then undress. And before leaving, put all their clothes back on, and then exit the pool area.
One day, I asked the manager what the exact policy on where to be nude was. She thought about it for a second, and told us there really wasn't any policy on where to be nude beyond the front gate. It had just become customary for visitors/members to check in first and then undress. So I asked her if it was ok for us to just leave our clothes in the car and check in nude (NOA). She told us it would be unusual; but didn't see a problem with it.
Don't you know that we got some weird looks from other members when we started tossing our clothes in the trunk and walking through the parking lot to the front office nude! But then we started noticing some interesting things. New visitors would see us walking through the parking lot nude, and would start undressing before checking in. Some people would see us leaving the pool area nude, and then would stay nude to walk back to their car themselves. We didn't completely reverse the trend; but our NOA approach to being nude from the parking lot was noticed and affected enough people to make a difference.

This anecdote pretty much corroborates FP's point.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  01:32:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to add to another short story, like Nudony's ...

We've noticed many of the residents and members slipping on something to go into the office for one reason or another. When we camped at our club for a few days, we felt like a bottle of wine and didn't want to leave the grounds so I walked down to the office and bought a bottle. Most of the office staff is dressed and dressed completely. I walked in, bought the wine, talked to a office staff worker, a young woman we've become friends with and then left. But it was strange to see so many residents going to get their mail but were covered or dressed ... as if they didn't want to confront anyone from the "outside" while nude. I still go into the office periodically to buy something and I'm nude. I've see a few others do this but there are many, many more that do not.

We have to stay dressed to check in. The visitor parking area is before you get inside the club. There are signs all over stating that nudity is not allowed beyond the gate. It was better when we paid for the BIG membership and had an electronic card to get through the gate ... but it was too expensive for the amount of time we actually were going.

But ... I WILL continue to visit the club office in the nude and hopefully, more people will follow suit.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  3:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At our club specifically, it really only makes sense to pay for the "gold seal" membership where you are issued a gate card and can come and go as you please, without ever really having to conduct business in the office. The only time we go in the office is to pay for a site to park the RV when we stay for a weekend and we are always nude. It sets a good example.. as well as...we like to be nude:)

As FP stated many club residents are in there clothed, getting their mail and such. I just don't get it. For a resident of a nudist resort getting "tired" of going nude, that makes no sense to me at all. You choose to LIVE at a nude resort, but get "tired" of being nude. So its not your way of life?..Anyway, all we can do is set an example going nude ourselves anywhere on the grounds and all the time.

Jenn

Page: of 6 Topic Next Topic: How do you feel about resorts that require nudity?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved