Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 432 ]  [ Total: 432 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Hey, is there a club or nudist resort in ...?
 Philadelphia, PA
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Has anyone heard of Cambium? Topic Next Topic: Looking for nudistplaces in Thailand and Malaysia
Page: of 5

cipioxx

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  2:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anywhere close to Philadelphia (by close I mean not 4hrs away). I am ready to get my feet wet since I had some incredible experiences at the shore this summer. I sort of took the plunge with a like minded person and want to give it a try and get my wife involved also (not going to be easy). I would like to spend a day somewhere to with more like minded people, but don't want to use $1000.00 in gas to get there. Are there any private groups or clubs in the area at all? Years ago when I first started looking into nudism, there were tons of places around, but now, there is nothing that I can find nearby. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  2:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello cipioxx...

I am in the same boat as you; live about 2 hours from Gunnison, difficult to find the right time to get up there and my wife is not at all into nudism. It is a challenging set of circumstances.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  2:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is Phi Nu which a forum of Philadelphia area nudists. Phi Nu is short for Philadelphia Nudists. Google "Phi Nu nudism."

Also check out the AANR (American Association of Nude Recreation) web site which is http://www.aanr.com. Also there is The Naturist Society http://www.naturistsociety.com/

Naturally, Catbird

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  3:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
catbird, The nonlanded club for which that Yahoo group was created has disbanded. I am a moderator of that Yahoo group, and from time to time someone will try to get something started up there.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

cipioxx

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  5:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. I guess at the least I would like to find a small group of like minded folks in the area. My wife is not interested, but if I could go somewhere to meet some folks that are nice enough, I may be able to get her to try... Not sure really, but I made progress by having her nurse in public. I know it;s not the same thing, but it's a start. I am going to end up driving to NY one of these Fridays and getting a cabin I guess. I'm not sure when, but I have a property in upstate NY that I may need to check on from time to time. Good luck jerseysomething and thanks again Cheri and catbird. Are you guys local to Philly?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  6:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cipioxx, I spent some time in Philly but currently live in South Carolina and have a nonlanded club (www.travelites.info) with members in 19 US states and Canada.

All the best to you,
Cheri

-

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  7:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're going up to Upstate NY (where I now live, now that I've moved from Philly), does that mean you'll be at Juniper Woods in the Catskills? I like it there!

Closer to Philly is Penn Sylvan, which is near the Reading/ Lancaster area. It was only 45 minutes or so from my place in Boothwyn- only 5 minutes from Philly. It might be close to you depending on where you are.

Another option, of course, is the beach. I went to Gunnison this weekend while on a family trip. Of course, my family went to another beach that day, but I greatly enjoyed my day at Gunnison. I always meet nice people there.

Melissa

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  8:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cipioxx...

I live in south jersey, less than 20 minutes from Philadelphia. The ride to Gunnison is not too bad from this area. You can definitely make a day trip of it.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  11:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

Closer to Philly is Penn Sylvan, which is near the Reading/ Lancaster area. It was only 45 minutes or so from my place in Boothwyn- only 5 minutes from Philly. It might be close to you depending on where you are.

Melissa

Also there is Sunny Rest up north at the edge of the Poconos in the Palmerton area. Whether, Pennsylvan, Sunny Rest, or Gunnison is closer depends on where you live.

Naturally, Catbird

cipioxx

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  3:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Cheri. If I'm ever headed that way, I'll be sure to let you know. I'm actually headed to Elmira Mellissa, is that near your area? If so, I'll let you know when I'm headed up there. I actually remember seeing signs for the Catskills I think. I'm going up there for some quick business, and wanted to visit some places on my way there or on my way back. What I have to do up there is going to take about 10 min tops. I may be up there at the end of next week. Thanks catbird and jerseysomething. I am probably going to try the place Melissa mentioned this week (Penn Sylvan). I'll contact them shortly to try to make arrangements for Friday morning I guess. I'll let you all know how it goes. I hope my nerves hold up and I go through with it.

SFbayGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  4:06:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There used to be a nudist resort in South Jersey. I think it had a name like Sunshine Gardens. It was somewhere near Mays Landing between the Black and White Horse Pikes on the way to the shore. Is it still there? I've searched but not found reference to it anywhere.

cipioxx

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  4:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi catbird, I wont be able to try the poconos out this Friday. The ride is way too far for something I may not enjoy at all. I can't believe that there is nothing closer to Philly. This is crazy. sfbayguy, i remember it, but it'slong gone now. What happened to bareessentials in DE? That was in Newark or something. I should have forced myself to go way back when. At least I'd have some local contacts now. I guess I'll remain a closet naturist.... haha

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  5:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One thing you'll have to ask Penn Sylvan when you call is whether you have to be an AANR or TNS member to go. I'm thinking you might have to be, but I'm not sure.

Juniper Woods is in the Catskills, exit 21b on the Thruway to Route 9W. You've probably seen it on your way up to Elmira. I've never been to Elmira but I'm assuming that it's north of Albany.

Melissa

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  6:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The resort in South Jersey was called Sunshine Park, located in Mays Landing as SFbayGuy said. You're right cipioxx, it is long gone.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  6:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SFbayGuy

There used to be a nudist resort in South Jersey. I think it had a name like Sunshine Gardens. It was somewhere near Mays Landing between the Black and White Horse Pikes on the way to the shore. Is it still there? I've searched but not found reference to it anywhere.

That was one of the first nudist parks and closed a VERY long time ago.
Cheri

-

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  10:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SFbayGuy

I remember going past Sunshine Park many times on the way to Ocean City 20 or so years ago; always wanted to stop in, but there was never an easy opportunity, and I was reluctant to suggest it to my friends at the time. Kind of suspected, too, that one or two motorcycle bums might not be welcomed at a quiet Park. Another missed chance to do something I want !
I know better now: when I recognize something I'd like to do or try, I get started on it this week. Alas, by the time we know how to lead our lives, half of it is gone

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Has anyone heard of Cambium? Topic Next Topic: Looking for nudistplaces in Thailand and Malaysia  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.45 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved