Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 180 ]  [ Total: 180 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Conservative / Family Nudist Resort - Trip Reports
 Cap d'Agde naturist resort ("Naked City") - France
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Fawlty Towers Motel/Resort Topic Next Topic: Thinking about going to gymno vita park
Page: of 11

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  1:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri, you made mention of other places that are better then Cap d'Adge. This town (well, quarter of a town ) is a place that I've always wanted to go to just to experience everyday life in the nude. I'd still like to visit just like Vealj (check! Been there, done that).

Is there another town where clothing is not required by law and you can still get served in restaurants and such?

Thanks very much for any input.

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

Edited by - Ranger191 on 04/08/2006 1:11:01 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  6:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cougar

Cheri, you made mention of other places that are better then Cap d'Adge. This town (well, quarter of a town ) is a place that I've always wanted to go to just to experience everyday life in the nude. I'd still like to visit just like Vealj (check! Been there, done that).

Is there another town where clothing is not required by law and you can still get served in restaurants and such?

Thanks very much for any input.

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

I was told by a good friend who lived in Europe for a very long time that Camp Jenny was much better than Cap. I'm going to do a Google search to see what comes up.

I found http://www.lajenny.fr/sommaire_uk.php3
with more at http://www.pengtravel.co.uk/France/Jenny/Jenny.html

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Grunt
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  1:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went to La Jenny for our holiday last year. Two weeks of bliss. If you like peace and quite this is the place.

The accommodation is wooden cabins, ours was a small one with a bedroom, bathroom, lounge/kitchen and deck, plenty of room for the two of us set in the pine forest.

There are a few shops, visiting vendors with fresh seafood and fruit & vegetables and a bar and restaurant. Up the road outside there is a superb restaurant.

The entertainment at night is very French with no other languages spoken. Kareoke night was wierd as we had never heard of most of the songs.

The entertainment is in a dip by the large swimming pool network so the sound doesn't carry to the sleeping quarters.

The walk to the neach is a naturist walk through the pine forest to a pathway over sand dunes to a massive sandy beach where Atlantic rollers crash, giving great fun, also plenty of shallow pools for kids when the tide is out. There are lifeguards on patrol daily.

Wonderful place, we would go there again.

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  2:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe I'm just the strangest single naturist male on the planet, but I have no desire to go to Cap d'Adge. I would much prefer spending my two naked weeks a year on vacation in a family oriented place, where people are there to socialize as friends and enjoy social nudism not sexual nudism. In fact, in two weeks I'm going to La Sabliere which has one of the best reputations as a family place where nudity is at a virtual 100% all the time.

alex-fischer

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  11:43:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several informations about Cap d'Agde naturism you will find here: http://www.NATURIST.de

or here: http://www.Cap-d-Agde.com
Naturist / Naturism resort of Cap d'Agde...

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 12/08/2006 12:24:19 PM

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  1:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cap d'Agde can't be that bad, its very popular and I know a family that goes there regularly. Whilst there are the shady aspects to Cap d'Agde, you can avoid these areas if thats not your cup of tea, I hope to vist at least once just so I'm able to form my own opinion.

If you're traveling from North America, why not consider a 2 point vacation so that at least some of you time is spent elsewhere just in case, or you could try other nearby naturist resorts and pay a day visit to Cap d'Agde.

Pete Knight

StreakingSkater
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  12:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Knight

Cap d'Agde can't be that bad, its very popular and I know a family that goes there regularly. Whilst there are the shady aspects to Cap d'Agde, you can avoid these areas if thats not your cup of tea, I hope to vist at least once just so I'm able to form my own opinion.

If you're traveling from North America, why not consider a 2 point vacation so that at least some of you time is spent elsewhere just in case, or you could try other nearby naturist resorts and pay a day visit to Cap d'Agde.

Pete Knight

Thanks for your input Pete, I would like to visit Cape d'Agde sometime, it is just so uniquie of a nudist expereince being a naked city, I think it should not be missed as a Naturist venue. Maybe I could do some naked skating there. If it reall has "shady" aspects, I can avoid them if they don't interest me. I find it interesting how conservative American Naturists, at least ones that post the most on this site can be, to deny sexual undertones are at play at some level in naturist venues, as they ar at clothed venues, as the last time I checked humans beings have a sexual side, is some kind of puratanical denial of reality if you asked me.

There is nothing wrong with sex, I find the holier than thou "I am a naturist that has no sexual thoughts or aspects of sex in my life" therefore any expression of sex at a Naturist venue is wrong attitude is to me close minded and prudish.

In my view, Euripeans are a couple of generations ahead of Americans in being able to realistically deal with sex, naturism, and other social issues in general than what I have expereinced in the states, where denial, obssssion with imposing ones relgious or prudish views on others seems to be the norm.

In any case, hope you get a chance to try Cape dAgde sometime.

Streakingskater.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  5:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
La Jenny has all the perks of Cap, but it's more family-friendly, G-rated.
Cheri

-
-

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  07:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StreakingSkater I find the holier than thou "I am a naturist that has no sexual thoughts or aspects of sex in my life" therefore any expression of sex at a Naturist venue is wrong attitude is to me close minded and prudish.

I think that the terms "close minded and prudish" are not appropriate here.

I think more accurate terms would be "mental problems" or "hormone deficiencies".

I would give a pass to a devoted nun, but I don't know how many naturist nuns are out there.

sydneysmoothie
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2007 :  11:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, sounds like a great place!

Lots of tanned horny nude people, men openly walking about with hard suntanned c***s and women loving it,..open air sex..

excellent!

Sydneysmoothie.

CalTom
Forum Member

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  1:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be nice to read a 2007 Cap d' Agde facilities report now that we are a couple months away from the start of holiday season. We have visited the resort enough to somewhat reflect back through the seasons. Example: 2003 was the summer where Cap d' Agde seemed to be located ten miles from the surface of the Sun. That sweltering August the temprature reached forty degrees centrigrade at the waters edge and there was no air conditioning in our Heliopolis D apartment or anywhere at the Cap except the banks, some shops and nightclubs.

Accommodations at Cap d' Agde sometimes get poor reviews, especially from the ladies used to oplulent resorts with plasma TV's, air conditioning, room service, etc. I always tell my wife to think of the spartan Heliopolis or Port Nature quarters as a Mediterranean nudist adventure and not a Conde Nast Traveler award winning resort. Everyone should just note that the beautiful evening publicity shot taken of Port Nature looking down at the plaza gives way to the daytime realization of cracks in the concrete and shops selling tacky items of clothing one could never see over in the traditional Cote d' Azur. Heck this is Cap d' Agde.

Over the years the infamous sex beach in front of the dunes has gone from (as Nedermier in Animal House said) "acts of perversion so profound and disgusting" to relatively tame, thanks to the presence of police with horses atop the hill adjacent to the restaurant. There was also time over ten years ago where you would be having a luncheon of moule et fritas and at the adjacent table a frisky couple would be re-enacting a scene from The Lusty Nymphos of Nimes. The Cap has toned down and become more family friendly.

One could conclude that Cap d' Agde is large enough spatially and in demographics that there is something for everyone!

Edited by - CalTom on 04/22/2007 1:51:46 PM

Bexhillboy

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  12:14:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This thread which has been going for a couple of years amused me greatly, I am 52 years old and have been going to Agde although not regularly since I was 14 years old (they were the days that people who indulged in naturism were so scared of being considered to be sexual deviants that they tried to convince the world that they were asexual beings who never allowed a sexual thought to enter their heads) Thankfully in Europe Naturism has matured and people realise that Naturists are just normal people with normal thoughts and normal diversities. It appears from the comments on here that the North American Continent has not matured to that stage yet.
As was pointed out by a previous contributer there is sex in Agde and if you are looking for it you WILL find it, but most who dont go looking for sex will be unaware of the sexual goings on (as in most resort towns), many of my friends still take their families to Agde and have a wholsome family holiday. Having said that you will find prudish people who would find any resort town to be depraved. I only contribute this in the hope that normal healthy and wholesome people will not be put off by the scaremongering. The only thing I can say that would discourage people is the Inflated Prices charged in the Naturist Sector.

Nigel

Bexhillboy

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  12:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This thread which has been going for a couple of years amused me greatly, I am 52 years old and have been going to Agde although not regularly since I was 14 years old (they were the days that people who indulged in naturism were so scared of being considered to be sexual deviants that they tried to convince the world that they were asexual beings who never allowed a sexual thought to enter their heads) Thankfully in Europe Naturism has matured and people realise that Naturists are just normal people with normal thoughts and normal diversities. It appears from the comments on here that the North American Continent has not matured to that stage yet.
As was pointed out by a previous contributer there is sex in Agde and if you are looking for it you WILL find it, but most who dont go looking for sex will be unaware of the sexual goings on (as in most resort towns), many of my friends still take their families to Agde and have a wholsome family holiday. Having said that you will find prudish people who would find any resort town to be depraved. I only contribute this in the hope that normal healthy and wholesome people will not be put off by the scaremongering. The only thing I can say that would discourage people is the Inflated Prices charged in the Naturist Sector.

Nigel

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  12:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nigel, One of my dear friends just returned from a trip to Europe during which he went to Cap d'Adge, and he said, that he wanted to shower when he left. The sex was in plain site, and he didn't have to go looking for it. The magazines, the posters on the walls, were all less than family-friendly, and it was just not what he was expecting even though he was alerted by others who had visited there from the States. If you want him to confirm it, I'll ask him to post.
Cheri

-
-

Bexhillboy

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  12:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri I have not visited for at least a year but will be going there on Friday, I will comment on my return as to whether my attitude has changed or if the AngloSaxon Heathen in me sees things differently from our brothers who left Europe many years ago for a more pure society. I know thoughts and beliefs are different across the pond and what may be considered acceptable here is not there

Nigel

Page: of 11 Previous Topic: Fawlty Towers Motel/Resort Topic Next Topic: Thinking about going to gymno vita park  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.57 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved