Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 456 ]  [ Total: 456 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Resorts or clubs that require or enforce nudity
 How do you feel about resorts that require nudity?
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Completely Nude Resorts - Clothing not an option Topic Next Topic: Resorts or clubs that require nudity - Find them!
Page: of 4

nude gardener
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  05:58:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are about two hours from Detroit, a straight drive on 94.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  8:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess that is one good reason to go to a nude beach you can choose whatever is to your comfort level.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  10:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheMagicDucky

Our "club" (more of a camp) is clothing optional on the first visit, then you have to be nude after that. Also...swimsuits are not allowed in the pool or hot tub. But, when doing work (like when I mow, or when I helped put the wi/fi antenna on the roof of the club house..etc), I'll wear clothes for safety reasons.
Just your average mallard.

That sounds quite reasonable, MagicDucky. It gives people a chance to see what it is like first, before they go nude there. If they feel comfy on their first visit, then they can make the shift to going nude the second time. Your resort makes it easier for the newbies. Good for them!

Whenever a man has cast a longing eye on offices, a rottenness begins in his conduct.
Thomas Jefferson

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  04:38:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When one joins a nudist club, then certainly the adopted uniform should be total nudity when possible. People can be clothed in all the other non naturist places. Being naked is liberating, even more so when everyone else is nude as well. No body at our club has to be naked when it's cold, but there again, some choose to be unclad regardless. Not me though! The only place at the club where nudity is an absolute must is the swimming pool. It is rare to see anyone wearing anything when the weather is warm. I like like that.

Rod

n/a
deleted

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  08:34:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is ok in specific areas of a resort to simply ask or say that nudity is mandatory here. I know of only one resort that did that, cypress cove in the past required nudity in and around pool area. I understood their reasons which I am sure like most c/o beaches etc you end up with some nudists fully nude enjoying the weather with a few clothed gawkers around. So I imagine mandatory nudity helps prevent some of this.

Paul and Angela

Posted - 03/01/2013 :  1:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our club rules are dress or undress for the weather but totaly naturist in the pool area.

Someone staying clothed all season would have there membership questioned.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  5:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It might not be the most popular opinion, but I think resorts should be more strict in requiring nudity. I am not a big fan of the "loose" rules many resorts have taken on when it comes to this issue. In an effort to be more "PC" many resorts are being very lax when it comes to undressing. Myself, and many in our group of friends are actually nudists. NOT "psuedo nudists" (forgive spelling) that really only get completely naked on their lounge chair and put on 2 wraps, a hat and shoes..the second they get up. Not to mention the large number that are fully dressed the minute the sun goes down. And I will repeat my most emphatic opinion once again that ALL sex costumes and lingiere should be BANNED at family nudist resorts period.

Sorry I know this has been covered to death..but I felt it relevant in this particular topic.

Jenn

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  11:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Horse...beaten...to death! :) (I'm just kidding!)

This is a topic that still elicits passionate responses, head-butting and agreements/disagreements. I think many of us here have gotten "heated" about some other people's opinion on this topic. And I think it's because it touches on some key philosophical issues: free will and freedom of choice.

I have often stated, sometimes emphatically, my preference for the nude environment. I've always favored the idea of being able to toss my clothes in the backseat of the car - in the parking lot of the resort - and remaining nude literally until time to leave. And I've also stated my preference for NOA (Nudity On Arrival) to be a common practice among other members/visitors.
I watched my x being noticeably more comfortable being nude, and staying nude all day, when in a nude environment. It made her less self-conscious and allowed her to explore swimming, hiking, and other group activities...because everyone else was also nude.
And my two good friends...well they just preferred being nude as much as possible. Period!

I do disagree with Jenn on "after hour activities." As others have disagreed with me about proactively reducing textilism at resorts. To the adage "Nude when possible, dressed when practical", I would simple add "dressed when it would be unreasonable or even dangerous to not be covered." But like almost everything else in our postmodern consumeristic society, the law of "supply and demand" also applies to nudism. If more people "demand" the option of clothing at resorts, resorts will cater to this growing demand. If more people "demand" a nude environment; resorts will cater to that growing demand. Is that a good or bad thing? Time will tell...

Edited by - Nudony on 03/04/2013 11:37:01 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  12:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tis true ... many of us have butted heads over a few topics, here and there.

We both prefer "nude" resorts/clubs. Saying that ... my wife needs to be careful of how much sun exposure she gets. So... if we are on the sun deck for several hours and she decides to cover up because she's had too much sun ... is she suppose to leave the pool deck area and go someplace else to wear her sunblock shirt?

IF ... we go to the dance in the Rec Ctr and she's a little chilled ... will she be looked down on because she's sporting a pareo/sarong? I get the not liking sexy costumes thing for some. I get not liking the lingerie thing for some. I do, I get it ... but as long as couples are going at each other or guys sporting wood at the event ... I equate it to the piercings and other body jewelry some people wear. I've never gotten the waist chain worn thoughout the day in the summer time! I've never understood the women who lay out naked and get into the pool and outta the pool nude but when they go to the restroom, the Cafe or over to the other side of the pool deck or back to the RV, home or car ... why they have to don a skimpy little pull on skirt that leaves nothing to the imagination and slip on her wedge hills to saunter across the pool deck.

I think a "nude" club/resort should enforce the rule and use common sense. I, for one, am much more tolerant of the cooler weather than my wife. So if I'm naked but she's cold, should she be naked because I'm naked and others are naked but she a a couple others are covered ... they should be mandated to strip? But we've been down this road before and these rules are seldom enforced on EVERYONE.

I think Jenn can attest to the fact that "our" club picks and choses which people the rules are enforced on and who they are not or allowed more flexibility than the guest or member. My wife and I and our friends are also 'nudists" and not psuedo, part time, recreational, vacation ... nudists. But sometimes ... "those nudists" get away with more than the real nudists. hahaha

At any rate ... many of us are preaching to the congregation. I think the vast majority feel the same way, to an extent ... give or take a lace dress or cover up! hahaha But ... we are not that far off from finding some moderate ground or at least come to a compromise.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 03/05/2013 12:12:12 AM

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  07:50:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul and Angela

Our club rules are dress or undress for the weather but totaly naturist in the pool area.

Someone staying clothed all season would have there membership questioned.

Yes the resort I went to years ago this was the normal procedure for them outside of the pool area it was basically C/O but around pool deck etc you were to be fully nude.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  08:44:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]We both prefer "nude" resorts/clubs. Saying that ... my wife needs to be careful of how much sun exposure she gets. So... if we are on the sun deck for several hours and she decides to cover up because she's had too much sun ... is she suppose to leave the pool deck area and go someplace else to wear her sunblock shirt?

I think most nudists can differentiate clothing for protection/coverage vs clothing for the sake of wearing something. Looking at the classic pic below for example:
http://nudismlife.free.fr/galleries/nude_nudists_vintage/nudists_magazines/nude_living/nl21-29.jpg
I think most of us will recognize and acknowledge that this kind of coverage is for comfort/protection. Also, it would be difficult to make the argument that the girls are "too covered" and need to remove their sweaters! The girls may not be nude but I wouldn't really call them covered up either. That distinction is important in my mind.

The problem arises, I think when policies are applied inconsistently. When the "nudity police" tells these women to take off their sweaters; but gives a pass on a member who is wearing pants AND a sweater. That's crappy management.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  08:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with that Nudony--I at times even nude might want to put on something to warm up if it got chilly, I see nothing wrong with that image.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  10:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nudony

quote:
[i]We both prefer "nude" resorts/clubs. Saying that ... my wife needs to be careful of how much sun exposure she gets. So... if we are on the sun deck for several hours and she decides to cover up because she's had too much sun ... is she suppose to leave the pool deck area and go someplace else to wear her sunblock shirt?

I think most nudists can differentiate clothing for protection/coverage vs clothing for the sake of wearing something. Looking at the classic pic below for example:
http://nudismlife.free.fr/galleries/nude_nudists_vintage/nudists_magazines/nude_living/nl21-29.jpg
I think most of us will recognize and acknowledge that this kind of coverage is for comfort/protection. Also, it would be difficult to make the argument that the girls are "too covered" and need to remove their sweaters! The girls may not be nude but I wouldn't really call them covered up either. That distinction is important in my mind.

The problem arises, I think when policies are applied inconsistently. When the "nudity police" tells these women to take off their sweaters; but gives a pass on a member who is wearing pants AND a sweater. That's crappy management.

...and that was where I was going with my post. At our club, there are the "busy body" clothing police and the "Managment" clothing police. I know you've seen or heard them; the "busy body" clothing police are those that sit and scrutinize a person because they are covered. "Why are they at a nude resort and around the pool, taking up a lounge chair and under an umbrella and now are covered in a top or pareo!" They usually rat them out to the Managment that comes over to explain the rules ... but the manager is fully and completely dressed! And its 80 degrees out there!

The picture is indicative of what many of us have seen and quite frankly ... I've been covered as those young people are. We've discussed having your torso covered makes all the difference in the world to you being able to remain bottomless. Funny thing is ... The Prof and I are opposites on this as well. If my core is cold, I can cover it and remain bottomless. She, on the other hand, can remain topless but her legs get cold, as well as her feet and she's miserable.

"Most nudists can differeniate clothing for protection vs clothing for the sake of wearing something ..." but it's the vocal few and those that tend to break the rules that will focus the attention onto someone else to keep it away from them. It's typical and ... IF the clubs and resorts would just be consistent in applying the rules, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. hahaha

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

jbsnc
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  1:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With exceptions for health and safety reasons, I support the rule of nudity required in the club house and pool areas. I visit nudist resorts, not C/O resorts.

Happy Nuding.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  5:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be clear.
T-shirt or sweatshirt if a little chilly..OK
Lace underwear and bra NOT OK.

Bathrobe..OK
Thigh high stockings and heels NOT OK

Sarong...OK
See through lace looking short skirt..NOT OK..and furthermore silly looking.

Regular clothes such as pants, shirt, sweater are fine I guess, but really unless weather is a factor should not be worn either. And I do agree with FP that at "our club" there are some very mixed messages regarding this issue. Yet I believe there is a difference between "clothing items" worn for protection from elements and "other reasons"

J

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Completely Nude Resorts - Clothing not an option Topic Next Topic: Resorts or clubs that require nudity - Find them!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved