Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 230 ]  [ Total: 230 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Resorts or clubs that require or enforce nudity
 How do you feel about resorts that require nudity?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Completely Nude Resorts - Clothing not an option Topic Next Topic: Resorts or clubs that require nudity - Find them!
Page: of 4

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  4:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The landed club that I belong to, Laguna Del Sol in California, has a modified clothing optional policy. Nudity is required in all of the pool areas, and not just in the water. When you go inside of the fences surrounding the pools and sunbathing areas, and also the indoor pool and hot tub, you must be nude. The rest of the resort is clothing optional.
Somwhat off topic- The use of all cell phones is banned in the same areas because so many of them contain cameras.

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  11:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We definitely prefer a club that is nude only or clothing optional with a nude only area like Cypress Cove or the above mentioned club.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  11:44:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We prefer "NUDE ONLY" when we travel. Why have the hassle.

We enjoy Cypress Cove, and we are looking forward to our annual trip to DS in just a few weeks. We can't wait to get out of this cold and snow.

Also, we enjoy spending our weekends at Soliar in Conn, where the lake is fantastic, and the pool always warm.

Looking forward to spending time there this Summer again. This will be our 15th year of being in the "buff"!!!

Cookie

simplelife
Forum Member

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  11:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I prefer "nude when possible, clothed when necessary" (Such as if you're getting too much sun, or are cold you should cover up.) We enjoy the simplicity of the nudist environment and appreciate the de-emphasis on artificial adornment.

On a visit last summer to a nearby Nudist campgound/resort (having been once before and thoroughly enjoying it) several women came and lounged around the pool area with full makeup, loads of jewelry, and "fashion" (one was ligerie-like) pareos. They appeared to be adopting the same values of artificial body adornment as the textiled world. (Their hubands/boyfriends were nude). Both of us felt very uncomfortable (and the stated policy of the resort is nudist and not c/o) but didn't say anything, since we are not members. We are considering becoming members of this resort (it is the closest one to our home) but are now thinking twice. It soon will be warm enough to go again, we will give it another chance and hope that this was just an isolated incident.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  12:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simplelife

My husband and I prefer "nude when possible, clothed when necessary" (Such as if you're getting too much sun, or are cold you should cover up.) We enjoy the simplicity of the nudist environment and appreciate the de-emphasis on artificial adornment.

On a visit last summer to a nearby Nudist campgound/resort (having been once before and thoroughly enjoying it) several women came and lounged around the pool area with full makeup, loads of jewelry, and "fashion" (one was ligerie-like) pareos. They appeared to be adopting the same values of artificial body adornment as the textiled world. (Their hubands/boyfriends were nude). Both of us felt very uncomfortable (and the stated policy of the resort is nudist and not c/o) but didn't say anything, since we are not members. We are considering becoming members of this resort (it is the closest one to our home) but are now thinking twice. It soon will be warm enough to go again, we will give it another chance and hope that this was just an isolated incident.

There's nothing wrong with wearing full makeup as today it generally contains sunscreen. Some nudists with scars are more comfortable with covering them. I have a droopy eye and without eyeshadow, it's very prominent. I do have a little difficulty with the provocative pareos.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  3:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simplelife

I have seen something very similar. Three women, full make-up, freshly permed hair and assortments of jewelry. One wore some designer bathing suit, which she would unfastened at the crotch, roll up and turn into a one-piece bottomless suit. One other was nude except for some sort of jewelry studded belt that matched her sandals.

I have no idea what that was all about. Fashion-nudism? Nudist glam? I guess it didn't bother me that much since it was isolated and the environment was still predominantly nude. I would not let something like that deter me from visiting a resort. You can always move to the other side of the pool.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  4:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The only resort we have been to was a Nude Only Resort, and we were very comfortable with it. They did have a teenager trimming with a weedeater that was clothed, but he had to be. Everyone was well behaved, although the ladies around the pool had a laugh at the young man knowing he was new and not use to nudity. I'll have to say he handled it well.

Diger

simplelife
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  10:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Cheri that there is not anything wrong with makeup for sunscreen reasons, covering scars, etc. - people need to be safe and comfortable. (These women, though, had on full club-type makeup with false eyelashes) etc. I like Nudony's terms fashion nudism/nudist glam. That would definitely apply to these women. I think now in retrospect that what was most troubling was the women's behavior - Their flirtatious, "look-at-me" posturing (I have never encountered this before in nudist settings)
I think if they had just taken a chair and sunned, gone into the pool or just socialized as others were doing, I might not have noticed their adornment.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  7:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is pretty wild. Are you sure we didn't see the same ladies, simplelife (I'm in GA)? Of course, it's unlikely, but you just described exactly how the three women were behaving. The woman with the one-piece had this "Check out my bathing suit! I can unfasten it and be bottomless. Isn't it cute?!" attitude. The other two were fairly similar in their mannerism.

But when you think about it, fashion is usually exhibitionistic in nature. Isn't it about parading and showing off how great you and your clothes look? Much to my surprise, my wife did not seem to mind the ladies at all; perhaps because she could relate her own fashion sense to the situation. But even she had to admit that they should have been more mindful of their surroundings and made some attempt not to stand out so much.

In conclusion, I'm just not sure the nude resort is the proper venue to demonstrate your fashion sense. I'm sure they could have had their little fashion moment among friends at home, and then gone nude upon arriving at the resort. And then their nudist intent wouldn't have been so...questionable.

Edited by - Nudony on 03/10/2008 7:54:56 PM

gfk1951
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2008 :  04:34:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Valley View in WI. is nude only, however there certainly are times when it's appropriate to wear something and people do, when they need to or want to. It's no biggy!

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2008 :  10:56:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This past year was my first nudist resort in over 40 years, and my wife's first visit ever. Two days with a small number of friendly, helpful and understanding couples. Beautiful remote natural setting. We told them up front our situation.

Spring-like weather with a slight chill in the morning and evening air. Some remained nude, some covered their shoulders or upper body, some wore light clothing for periods of time in the common areas and clubhouse. Small indoor pool and sauna were definitely nude. Central mixed-sex shower facility.

I was naked almost all of the time, save for one chilly social evening. For my wife, it was a comfortable non-intimidating introduction to social nudity. Had there been insistence that we be nude most or all of the time, we would not have stayed.

An opportunity to be introduced to social nudity would have been missed, perhaps forever.............

'NUDE when able, covered when necessary'

nudistroses

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  09:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Send nudistroses an AOL message  Send nudistroses a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My wife and I just visited our first nudist campground last week. We visited Rock Haven in Murfreesborough, TN and it was a fairly relaxed first experience. They are a nudist location, not c/o which was good and bad. It was very relaxing to have the standard set as we felt that it eliminated gawkers fairly easily. Everone was nude and very casual about it.
I am not sure how we would react to a C/O environment because in the one instance where there were clothes involved, breakfast in a little cafeteria looking builing, several members were dressed and eating. My wife REFUSED to go in nude. We were under the impression that nudity was mandatory, and suddenly everyone was wearing something! Ack, what'd we miss was our reaction. It was very unsettling to be nude around clothed people when you are not expecting it . Feel like one of us missed a memo somewhere.

So all that to say, nudity required over C/O just for sake of clarity. No problem with allowances for sun yada yada, but as new nudists it made it a lot easier to level the playing field.

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  11:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I greatly prefer nudity required with exceptions for health, safety and weather. I would visit a C/O resort but if a large number (about 1/3 or more) wore clothes I would avoid gong back.

Best Wishes, Jim

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  9:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a very interesting topic to which I'd like to make a small contribution. It seems to me that nudism is all about freedom and comfort. Many of us believe we should be free to go about our daily activities without the burden of wearing clothes. We find nudity to be much more comfortable under most conditions than wearing clothes. It strikes me as odd that when we go to our clubs we (or the clubs) want to restrict people's freedom to wear clothes if they wish to do so.

I suspect that this is the result of many people feeling an increased measure of comfort or security when they are part of a homogeneous group. (If everyone dresses the same there is no apparent threat from an outsider.) Like most others that have replied here I don't know why someone would go to a nude venue and remain clothed. (Unless they were a voyeur, but that's a topic for another discussion.)

The reason I go to nude venues is that I enjoy being nude while participating in various activities. Whether others are nude or not while I'm there matters very little to me. I once found myself to be the only nude patron in a very busy restaurant at a nude resort and it didn't bother me at all. Before it happened I was apprehensive about just such an occurrence, but when I became aware of the situation it was nothing.

I'm going to continue to concern myself with my freedom and comfort, and let everyone else do their own thing.

Bill

n/a
deleted

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  10:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, I think you hit on the head with the natural tendency to want to fit in to the group... particularly in a new and vulnerable social setting. It's easy to forget how scary that can be as a first timer.

A couple of stories...on our first visit to a club, in which my wife was a reluctant but brave participant, we had the option as first time visitors to remain clothed...and my wife exercized that option for a short time, until she realized that keeping her clothes on made her stand out from the group..she discovered that she was more comfortable in that setting nude..

When we visited another club, a year, and a few more experiences later, we arrived early on a somewhat chilly morning....and no one was nude....I remember we looked at each other and wondered if we had the right place! The clothes came off gradually as the day warmed up...we ended up joining that club, but even though the club's policy is officially "nudity required" it is one of the least nude places I've been to. We're fine that...the club is small enough and we know everyone well enough to have no doubts as to the sincerity of their intentions. In the last year, I think we've seen everybody nude at some point..it's just that people are free to do whatever they are comfortable with in the moment...

That can lead to a little more stress for someone wanting to fit in, however. Last week, we had some good friends join us for their first non-textile experience..it was a great time, but at one point, a contingent of club members came by our trailer to borrow some equipment for a work project and to meet our guests. We were all nude, but the club members were all clothed..in this case, because they were headed to the club boundary to work on the perimeter fence...one of our guests commented that this was a little uncomfortable for her... and I agree with her...but in a real sense our club is "clothes blind"....which I personally like....(if only society was that way!)...but it does make it a little awkward to figure out the "rules"

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Completely Nude Resorts - Clothing not an option Topic Next Topic: Resorts or clubs that require nudity - Find them!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved