Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 496 ]  [ Total: 496 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Clothing Optional resorts, clubs and destinations
 What are your views on clothing optional resorts?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: orvis hotsprings...i a tad bit nervous Topic Next Topic: Clothing optional resorts and clubs - Find them!
Page: of 3

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  12:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What are your views on clothing optional resorts?

Do you feel the clothing optional concept is a good one for the nude recreation industry?

Some feel it encourages gawkers, who could remain clothed. There is also the feeling expressed that the c/o experience is not a "pure" one.

What do you think?

By the way, if you have certain resorts or clubs to list, it belongs in the thread for that purpose. [here]

Click Reply to Topic while registered and logged in to add your comments and opinions here about clothing optional policies at resorts and clubs.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  2:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clothing optional resorts may indeed foster the arrival of gawkers, but what about the not-so-sure woman who prefers to unclothe at her own pace? I think nonlanded clubs such as mine can handle c/o more easily than nudist parks.

Travelites has had some women over the year who took possibly 5 visits. I always tell couples that a lady may keep a towel or pareo wrapped around them, and a man can always wear a towel wrapped around his waist except in the hot tub.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  3:13:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my humble opinion, clothing optional resorts are good for the nude recreation industry,members who reside year round can have visits from non-nudist friends and family who might even feel the urge to enjoy the lifestyle without the pressure that they must Go nude. The few resorts that allow c/o have changed with the times and the ones that haven't have missed it. The members are true nudists and enjoy their freedom as for gawkers they don't remain long and don't become members at the Nudist Resort.To use any facilities they have to go nude and pay ground fee's,which everyone thinks is fair.On several occasions I've brought friends to visit only to see what it's all about and if they might want to try it. I'm glad they had the chance and choice.

go n nude

Edited by - go n nude on 02/24/2008 3:49:18 PM

kangaroo
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  3:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife is not a nudist, so clothing-optional is the only place we will go.

I agree about having non-nudist friends be able to go. My wife actually recommended that one day we should rent the "Villa" at Club Orient with us and her friends. To have my non-nudist wife recommend a nudist resort to her friends shows how much she enjoyed our vacation there.

kanga

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  2:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kangaroo when i was single and a member of the club, i invited my girlfriend with the option that she didn't have too go nude but could visit just the same, except the pool/sauna/hottub. We're are now married and i know she wouldn't have gone if she knew she'd have to go nude then. To my surprise she went nude quickly once she saw everyone enjoying life naturally.

go n nude

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  4:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the concept of Clothing Optional clubs/resorts never thought about people coming to their venue and remaining clothed all the time.

I think it was a concept for easing into the nudist/naturist lifestyle and the concept is now lost it's true intent.

Take the Terra Cotta Inn for example. The owners are nudists, they refer to their Inn as a "nude" resort but advertise as a clothing optional resort. It's their intent to invite those that are either trying nudism for the first time or venturing into the social aspect of nudism for the first time.

We've been repeat visitors for the last 8 summers. Rarely do we see any of the guest clothed or just topless. When we do the owner will say that they are there for the first time and this is their first time trying social nudism. By the end of the newbie's stay, they are both usually nude and booking their next trip.

I think the clothing optional concept is good to break someone in but I don't like the idea of my wife and I or our friends vacationing at a clothing optional resort to be gawked at by those that have no intention of taking their clothes off. I don't think those people should be allowed to enter at all.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  10:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey...that's a good point Fireprof.

The line between C/O and nude definitely can get blurry. I once went to a C/O resort where everyone was nude but the employees. And I've been to a nude resort where a saw a variety of garments everywhere; but then again it was a breezy day.

I think it really has to do with management style and clientele rather than official titles. Whether nude or C/O, slacking or disengaged management can often lead to a "textilization" of the resort. Engaged management and a good atmosphere can make a titled C/O resort appear more like a nude resort. It sort of perpetuates itself: a clothed newby who feels embraced by the resort and its people will be more likely to be drawn into disrobing. Contrariwise, a newby who is generally ignored with have little motivation to disrobe; thereby unmotivating other visitors or newbies and so on. And that's when you have a "textilization" issue.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  09:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The points raised and opinions are all respected and are good for this forum/topic as one can clearly read, The issue of c/o is one that we have to live with (textilization) i think one has the right to go nude, just as they have the right not too. The reason for the c/o is so No one is excluded,the old school resorts of enforced nudity are good for those who take offence at those who choose not to go nude for their own personal reasons. I think our choice of which type of resort/club is good for everybody and freedom is about choice. Go or Don't go.Privately owned resorts have the right to allow anybody paying their membership/fees access at their c/o business.

go n nude

fullmonte
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  11:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a very strong subject with me. I have been a nudist for only one and a half years. I spent the first 52 years of my life in textiles with all kinds of evangelical churches pounding "immorality" guilt into my head concerning social nudity. I finally broke away from that toxic closed minded way of thinking, and I see clearly now how wonderful social nudity is, how good it feels, and how open minded most individuals are that I meet in the socially nude settings. Believe it was God that formed me in my mommys womb, and from what I hear, I was born "nude" on that special Halloween night!
From my perspective, I am not at all crazy about Clothing Optional Places. I go there when there is nothing else available, but love the places that have rules that "you must be nude"and go there when ever possible. Such as Glen Ellen Resort in Corona CA. 52 years of textiles is enough for me, I want my next 52 years clothes free!! :)

fullmonte

txvic
Forum Member

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  08:31:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have flip-flopped a few times in regards to this issue. I have finnaly come to the resolve that either one is good depending on wheather someone visiting for the first time is ready to jump right in or be a little reluctant. Personally, I can't figure why anyone would go to a resort where it is perfectly fine to be nude and not be. But to each his own. As far as I am concerned, if someone is at a nude only or clothing optional resort, that person is telling me that they are ok seeing nude people so I am free to be in the state I prefer without offending anyone. On the subject of gawkers. Couldn't a gawker also be nude? Just at hought.

RobRoy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  5:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The resort I attend is clothing optional. This is one reason that we've been able to attract people to nudism for the first time. Some like to dive right in, but many prefer to wade in slowly. I cannot tell you how many times that I've seen a fully clothed spouse at dinner Friday, who by Saturday afternoon was starkers. This goes for both sexes by the way.

If you see someone gawking, you deal with that person individually.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  5:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I find nudist resorts to be partially ideal. That might sound like a oxymoron, but nudist resorts are structured around being nude, and most have rules that keep people in line, behaviorly. Thus the social environment is relatively safe. C/O beaches can be use at your own risk, if you don't mind gawkers nearby.

I don't have much experience at circulating around to many nudist resorts, but I have been to 3 nudist resorts, and one nudist beach. The resorts were very safe, and the beach had some gawkers. Contrasting beaches to resorts, I'd say that the resorts you pay for are much more private (if they have fences, etc.) than are the beaches, to which anybody and his brother can go, but are free of cost.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  7:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

I find nudist resorts to be partially ideal. That might sound like a oxymoron, but nudist resorts are structured around being nude, and most have rules that keep people in line, behaviorly. Thus the social environment is relatively safe. C/O beaches can be use at your own risk, if you don't mind gawkers nearby.

I don't have much experience at circulating around to many nudist resorts, but I have been to 3 nudist resorts, and one nudist beach. The resorts were very safe, and the beach had some gawkers. Contrasting beaches to resorts, I'd say that the resorts you pay for are much more private (if they have fences, etc.) than are the beaches, to which anybody and his brother can go, but are free of cost.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

There are c/o clubs, landed and nonlanded, not all nudist clubs are mandatory nudity such as GymnoVita in Birmingham, AL. I have friends who visit there (I've been there for a couple of days) and if it wasn't for being c/o, she would have never gone back. That's over 20 years now. She is not a nudist, but her husband is an avid practitioner.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

kangaroo
Forum Member

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  7:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's funny how nudists are one of the most accepting group of people I have ever met, but a lot of them are horribly unaccepting of people with clothes on. Seriously, as long as the person isn't gawking, why is it so bothersome to see someone wearing clothes? Can someone explain that to me please...I have no clue.

I have a textile wife. It's her choice to decide nudity, not mine. She doesn't mind nudists, nor does she mind going to nudist resorts/beaches with me and our daughter. What she does mind however, is people judging her...especially the people who say they accept everyone.

Sorry if that sounded crass, but this is a sore subject with me. Especially since it limits the places I can enjoy nude recreation. (There aren't that many to begin with!)

-kanga

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  4:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kangaroo, I sympathize fully with your position. A philosophy which emphasizes freedom and acceptance should find a way to freely accept an individual who is willing to extend the same acceptance in return.
I can also see that it would make some folks a bit uncomfortable to have fully clothed (not just a towel) persons mingling among the fully nude; and if the ratio of clothed ones gets above a certain level, I think all involved might become uneasy. There is still that lurking uneasiness in most of us when the rest of the crowd is noticeably different from our own self.
Some years ago, my lovely and long-suffering wife was grudgingly willing to accompany me to Orient Beach, so long as she could keep her suit on. I readily agreed to that idea. As you might suspect, by lunchtime she had no suit on. But that progression would not have been possible if she were faced with a mandate or a time limit. Rather, she saw for herself that the surroundings were no threat, and was able to adjust to the situation.
And I think RobRoy has the right notion to address gawkers, or others who digress from common etiquette, on an individual basis. Most such troglodytes will quickly back down if confronted quietly but firmly by one or two regulars of the beach or resort.
From my point of view, the ideal situation would universally ignore any citizen's state of dress. We could all show up at the ball park in fur suits, or tuxedos, or body paint, or nothing at all- just buy your ticket and watch the game. I won't hold my breath waiting for this nation to become so tolerant, but it would be my ideal.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  10:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can see, valid reasons many have raised why c/o resorts/club's allowing a relaxed attitude, to respecting one's choice are good,for some without that choice couldn't/wouldn't be enjoying this lifestyle maybe. I know many residents who wouldn't be living at a certain resort if their visitors/family couldn't visit unless they went nude also.The numerous reluctant partners who found out the myths and gossip about nudism are just that. Gawkers are everywhere unfortunately resorts aren't immune to those who stare either their just nude too!

go n nude

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: orvis hotsprings...i a tad bit nervous Topic Next Topic: Clothing optional resorts and clubs - Find them!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.35 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved