Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 166 ]  [ Total: 166 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Men versus Women
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Any New Zealand members here? Topic Next Topic: Sleeping nude for the first time!
Page: of 18

grand kai
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  11:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Send grand kai an AOL message  Send grand kai an ICQ Message  Click to see grand kai's MSN Messenger address  Send grand kai a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure of the relation to being good manners since sneezing whether on food or in general can cause the passing of germs and cause health problems for those who come in contact with the sneeze. Whereas I do not know of how someone walking around with an erection would have the same effect. Also with regards to manners, there are many teachings on manners from formal gentlemanly to general everyday and I have never heard, read or even been told of that being of improper manner.

This as well as with anything that one chooses to do in life can offend someone and is more a matter of acceptance. It has been said that nudists are more accepting than any other group of people. And at the same time they are offended by something natural. I guess hypocrisy exists in the nudist population as well.

Albert Ramirez
grand_kai@msn.com

Cinderela
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  03:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  09:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in an ideal world, we would not have to worry about erections or anything else. it does not bother me. but there are people who were brought up with a double standard and nudism is the first step to their liberation. i dont think it is a question of hypocrisy, but of evolution. plus, with american public/camp nudity, the people were so afraid of being arrested or closed down that they had to out prude the prudes. thus the extra layer of manners. some day no one will care, and wonder why this discussion ever took place, because it will be meaningless

flash

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  09:20:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit flash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am a man and I have erections just like the rest of the male population. I also am sensitive enough to know that if my erection is viewed by someone who perceives that erection in a less than favorable light it definitely has negative consequences. If I am "turned on" by someone and believe them to be likewise and I get aroused I would not hide an erection, (in a secluded environment where no prying eyes are there to observe) after all it is a clear sign of arousal and the normal product of escalating sexual attraction. Does an erection have a valid place in a public sactioned nude beach? Probably Not but... 2 points of view 1. I am a male and erections are natural with or without arousal or stimulation. (Research documents state that the average male has about 4 erections per hour while asleep) 2. Since our favorite past time is legal in some places and on fairly solid ground but in non-legally sanctioned areas every erection seen by JOE MORALITY AND HIS 20 WIVES is a threat to the survival of unsanctioned nude venues. So next time you decide to flaunt that thing because you think you might get lucky, do us all a favour get a room, get a towel or just park it until the erection goes away. And Oh by the way men (in general) don't have a clue as to what most women find to be threatening. If you hear a woman say she finds an erect penis in a public venue "threatening" I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.

mayorstairs

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  2:01:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree that most of the time an erection is something that can be resisted. It depends much on age. Obviously a boy going through puberty won't have much say in the matter, but indeed a more mature male should have some self control. And if they don't, then they better get some or spend a lot of time in a cold swimming pool. You have to also understand that resort owners are always having to protect themselves by walking a fine line between legal and illegal. Building a resort takes a huge investment, and it wouldn't be good to lose it over some indecent exposure laws.

chuckie30
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  7:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Send chuckie30 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Why do the prudes want to close our beaches? Because of the sexual activites happening there? we know that as nudists we dont do things like that. But if a prude walked down a beach and saw an erection they see it as sexual behaviour and run for the phone. So keeping the erection out of sight is of benefit to our freedom. And at our clubs resorts we tell everyone its a non-sexual environment. What do you tell your wife who comes with you for the first time and there are guys walking round with erections? That will be the last time she goes. So for all our benefit if you have an erection cover up.

In my years at my nudist club, I have never had an erection. Although I have seen a few and they have been covered for a short time, because they do go away.

jk8509

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  3:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then so much "ERECT" nipples be a sign of aggression... It's a NORMAL function, and can not be controlled, even by a socioligist...

quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

I know it's a normal function but it can and does offend. You're not at the nudist venue to flaunt your sexuality.

Please don't discount those who have spent many hours doing research and are well known in their field. Sociological research proves/shows that it is a sign of aggression.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  3:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An erect penis is NOT caused by a cold breeze or going into the frozen food section of super market. Moist vaginal secretions are signs of female arousal and NOT nipple arousal

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  5:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are we still beating (no pun intended) this dead horse?

Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  6:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how about we all agree to disagree and still all be friends?!

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  9:10:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I may.... This really is an important discussion, for this very reason (among others): Manners are not necessarily objective, but are subjective, in that they are measured against social norms that can (and do) change over time. The naturist/nudist community could (and should) consciously decide that erections are normal and do not need to be the one remaining physical reality deemed unacceptable. Under this new social norm, "manners" would dictate full acceptance of the human body, not partial (as is the case now), and male erections would be no more unsettling than female erections (mentioned above).

With regard to the aggression issue, I think it is very important not to punish the whole because of a part. Just because an erection might, on occasion, accompany feelings of aggression in certain (not all, not most, and it seems not even many) men, that does not mean that an erection is automatically a sign of aggression in all men. And, speaking pragmatically, any competitive, athletic male here can attest that an erection is the last thing a normal man would want in the heat of battle. It would be a royal pain, literally. In fact, quite the opposite happens: the male sexual organs retract as much as possible to, frankly, stay out of the way (among other reasons).

I hope this is helpful.

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  7:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri,
I understand your point I think. An erection is not a simple of aggression in a fighting manner but in a sexual sense, like a rapist. But still that is a very basic generalization and everyone is different. Some of us can get an erection from going from a cool room to warm sunlight, a breeze, lack of sleep, etc. Its not always sexual.

I do agree erections should be covered. I dont see this as a sexist issue women have times they need to stay out of sight too.

I have not yet gone to a nudest resort or group function because honestly, I would be so terribly embarrassed if I got an erection in the view of others. I am in my early 30s and I still get one from time to time for no reason. If someone knew I had an erection even when its covered would that be offensive? Like if I got out of the pool erect, but rushed for a towel but someone saw it anyway.

Dare to be Bare

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  8:45:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take heart, Bare. Among the male nudists with whom I've spoken about this, they all worried about an erection and it never became an issue. All but one of them never experienced an erection at a nudist venue (up to the time I spoke with them), and the one who did only had it happen once, with his wife present. He covered up, she thought it was sweet, and it was no big deal.

Frankly, I worried about this issue myself before I went to the beach, but it has never been a problem. I think that part of our concern is derived from myriad cultural cues that automatically associate physicality with runaway sexual urges. IMHO, the Bible, common sense, and reality all indicate that this correlation is is an artifice. Sex is important, but it is only one among many fine things we can do with our body -- like experiencing the joy of creation as we came into it, appreciating the genius and beauty of the human form, and appreciating other people for who they are, not how they dress.

sea foam

...nothing is known, per se; all is a matter of faith...

Warm01
Forum Member

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  9:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Warm01 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well since a women can hide from being arroused and men cant, it gets frowned upon that a man is just looking for one thing and has one thing only on his mind and that is sex .

Where a women u cant tell if she's thinking that because she can hide it very well.

Like Cinderela said it best " Maybe 50 years into the future, people won't be so uptight".

But i dont think that long maybe even 10 or 15.

Rahul7009
Forum Member

Posted - 09/30/2003 :  02:15:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Rahul7009 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As regards erection they come without any reason in my case. The more I try to supress the more hard it gets. I am honest in saying that most of them are nonsexual. I think its natural contraction & expansion of some involuntary muscles in us.

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Any New Zealand members here? Topic Next Topic: Sleeping nude for the first time!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved