Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 483 ]  [ Total: 483 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Doctor visit
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Reactions on being smooth Topic Next Topic: How much of your body do you shave men?
Page: of 3

CADFAEL

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  9:35:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shave periodically but i had to go to my female doctor in order to have a consultation regarding a circumcision that for a number of years had been dreadfull. Before i dropped my shorts i spoke of my shaved bare pubis to my G.P. and no comment was forthcoming. My bare pubes,to me seemed natural but my bad circumcision was not . My G.P. refferred me to a very good surgeon and i have a good deal of foreskin cut. Neverthelsss i have never stopped shaving but now i am Circumcised and as i shave it looks healthy neater and cute.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  9:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From a trauma and emergency surgeon...

This question continues to surface. I reiterate my response. We in the medical profession really do not care whether you shave, what you shave or why you shave.

30 years ago, shaving for surgery, shaving for head(hair)lice and so on were medical reasons to shave. Today, surgeons use clippers.There are very few medical reasons to shave close. So we presume it's a personal grooming decision.

Less than half of the adult population is "natural", and a sizeable minority are completely shaved. We do not care. Nor do we notice it. There is so much body art, piercings and so forth in the community that, frankly, shaved (with or without tan lines) is about as mainstream as you can get.

As for the absence of tan lines, nude recreation has become fairly mainstream as well. We are much more apt to have a general discussion about sun safety as we get into the spring season and warm weather than pay any attention to the presence/absence of lines. A "nice tan" comment is just that.

CADFAEL

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  02:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tend to concour in that my G.P.did not express any surprise or comment about my lack of pubes,rather being more concerned in offerring advice and consultation regarding an element of surgery that had not been satisfactory. Thanks for the comment regarding smoothness as being mainstream in that i hope to be mainstram more regularly.

Smooth Moby
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  09:37:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My doctor is a female and she's never mentioned anything about being completed smooth. However in my case it probably due to my accident.

WP
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  09:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I am a smoothie sort of. What I mean is that for 20 years I have been more of a seasonal smoothie. when it gets hot out or we are on vacation I am just as sooth as can be but I like change and tend to let it grow out sometimes when its cooler or not going to be on a beach or in a pool. Its funny but being seen naked hasn't got anything to do with it. I started to shave at the urging of a new young(probably around 30 and very pretty I was 25)visiting emergency room doctor.After she stitched my hand (changing broken headlight in a car)she said is there anything else and I said only if you can do something about this heat rash. My upper thighs get a rash in hot weather from wearing undies, pants and coveralls for work and being sweaty done there. She said maybe , show me. So I took off my coveralls and jeans and pulled my boxers over to show her. She turned around and said no take off the underwear and lay on the table so embaressed I did ( my first time with a fem doctor)She then proceed to check me out all the way from my belly button to my lower back. She smiled and said that I had a good rash gaused by my clothing rubbing and sticking to my skin when I am sweating but it would be easy to clear up but that I might not like what I have to do to clear it up. I said it would be worth anything to not have it. She said well first of all your very hairy shave your pubic area and then don't wear anything under the coveralls especially when it gets hot. i said I didn't know if I could get up the nerve to shave or not and she said the first time is the worst then its no big deal. Well after a few more days of being sore I decided to do a test area so I shaved my testicles. Well the difference that made within 24 hours was incredible. It didn't take me long to shave everything else. Now acting on my doctors advise in hot weather I'm naked under my work clothes and never get those heat rashes anymore. why didn't my family dostor ever tell me about that?

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  2:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just two months ago Mrs. Cookie went to her doctor, and her "bush" was "Raven Black", and since she is a platinum blonde it certainly stands out!!

The Doctor did not say a thing!!

She was so nervous, she was thinking of shaving the entire "bush"!!!!

So nice to see a doctor who just does not ask questions.

Remember, we are here for only a short time, so let's have good time!!!

Cookie

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  4:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Since my post last November, I've had several exams with several different doctors, including an exam for hydrocele which included a testicular ultrasound. There has not been even one visible or verbal reaction to my being completely shaved, except for the hydrocele doctor whose only comment was to thank me for making his job easier, since here in Italy (I don't know about in other places) they shave everything before doing the exam.

Burns3

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  12:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a male Pakistani urologist, a female Hispanic primary care, a female Anglo laser technician, and a female Anglo dermatologist. They and their staff have seen me totally nude and smooth with never a comment. However, a couple of nurses have asked me for more information on social nudism because they wanted to try it.

mike007

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  8:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recently I had to change doctors for insurance reasons. So, I just had my annual physical with the new Doc. He noticed that I was shaved 'down there' and commented. I simply replied with a 'why Yes I am'. He then said, 'you know a lot of the kids are doing that these days.' My reply was, yep, and I'm constantly trying to keep up with those darn kids!! He almost fell off his chair laughing!!!
Seeing how I'm a 50 year old kid, and he's probably late 30ish - maybe - I think I may have caught him a bit off guard.
Just thought I'd share!!

smoothman60
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2015 :  9:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been to doctors nurses and hospital and no one has ever asked me why im smoooth

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 08/30/2015 :  06:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went in for a heart cath a couple years ago and the female nurse pulled the blanket back to shave me for the procedure. She told me it looks like I did it myself but she still had to clean it up with a razor. As she was doing it she noticed i had no tan lines. She mentioned to me that she thought maybe I was a nudist. We then discussed where I go nude, if my wife was involved and she said quietly.... She has tried to get her husband to attend a nude resort but he is reluctant. Help ease my nerves at that time.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 08/30/2015 :  7:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Such a non-issue. By the time you finish Med Skool you will have examined hundreds, if not thousands of undressed human bodies. Compared to the things we look for during an exam that are actually important, shaved body hair is so far down the list as to be irrelevant. I'm amazed that this topic keeps coming up.

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2015 :  09:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are both totally smooth with no tan lines. Both of our primary care doctors are female. There has not been a comment from our current doctors, although several years ago another female doctor initiated a discussion about the lack of tan lines. Our nudism was freely discussed. It was mostly a talk about us having no body shame, and the benefits of mixed gender relaxation in the nude both at home and socially. It was a matter-of-fact discussion. Then that was the end of it. It's probably a good thing for us as nudists to openly discuss our lifestyle with our primary care Doctors as it is a part of a healthy lifestyle.

Being Naked and Being Real

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2015 :  05:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Earlier this week I had that certain test that everybody over 50 hates to have. The doctor did an upper and lower check. Thankfully all was well. After the procedure he did mention that he noticed I probably tanned more than some others. So as any good doctor would do, he just made mention that I have regular skin checkups and to use a good sunblock.

SailingBare
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2015 :  8:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For a couple of years my doc ( a close family friend) used to say time to drop the pants and lets see where the sun don't shine. For some reason he does not say that any more......

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Reactions on being smooth Topic Next Topic: How much of your body do you shave men?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved