Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 179 ]  [ Total: 180 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Playlinda or Apollo
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: talk of closings Topic Next Topic: Pirates Cove
Page: of 7

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  7:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

Yeah, I think we are just going to miss you guys by a couple weeks. Hope we can hook up down there sometime. Tansailor and his wife will be down there while we are.

Have fun you two.

Diger

Yeah, we'll be there the 15th through the 22nd of May. Hopefully, we'll get to come back in the fall. Maybe we'll see you then.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  10:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are scheduled to go down to Orlando this coming 18th thru the 20th. We want to hit Playalinda and/or Apollo while we are there. I just read that NASA re-scheduled a launch for the 17th. What are the current RULES for closing the beaches if the launch takes place on the 17th?
I thought I read somewhere that at Apollo, they close lot 5 and move the CO area to 4. If true, that would be a plus since there is more parking.
We would love to hit either beach - or BOTH!
Thanks.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  11:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
it's true they close lot 5 and the nude section is at lot 4, but lots 4 has less parking than 5. If the launch goes up on the 17th lot 5 will open sometime on the 18th. Just remember Playalinda is completely closed before a launch and a little while after.

Diger

IslandDave

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  09:02:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I are planning a visit to Apollo the week of June 22 - 26. Our first visit to a C/O beach in the US (we've been to beaches in Jamaica, Bahamas and USVI). We live in Melbourne FL, but after reading up on Apollo vs. Playlinda, we chose the former (because we're an older couple).

Is the parking at lot 5 that bad during the week? We're thinking of going on Tuesday morning.

Any last minute suggestions?

Dave

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  09:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Older v younger????

Live love and have fun

IslandDave

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  11:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assume that was asked of me???

From my research, I have gathered that Playlinda is for the younger/singles type (NTTAWWT). Apollo, OTOH, is mainly older/couples... We have no desire to socialize with anyone else, only wish to enjoy our beach time together. Again, from what I have read, the best place (of the two) for this seems to be Apollo Beach.

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  9:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I have visited both. We are 60+ and we keep to ourselves. Personally, we prefer Playalinda because it is a larger beach and more spread-out. The fact that there is more parking is a huge plus. We were there during the week and did not notice that younger people outnumbered older or vice versa. Weekends might be different. We've been to Haulover and Gunnison and lots of socializing goes on at those beaches. Lots of "regulars" that know one another. We saw none of that at either Playalinda nor Apollo. My advice: Try both. On several days, we went to one beach in the morning and the other in the afternoon. They're about 50 miles apart to drive.

flnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  09:24:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wife and I will be in Titusville the weekend of 20/21 of June also. I want to go to one of these beaches. It will be our first time to a C/O Beach. I know mileage wise I'll be closer to Playalinda but I'm thinking Apollo is more "first time" friendly. This is based on what I've read here on the forums. I've read that there are still signs posted about no nudity allowed at Playalinda and if wife sees this it could be a problem with her.

What advise can anyone here give, I know some will say try both and I have considered this but would like to do the easiest beach first to get our feet wet (no pun intended) before moving on to other places.

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  10:05:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flnudist

Wife and I will be in Titusville the weekend of 20/21 of June also. I want to go to one of these beaches. It will be our first time to a C/O Beach. I know mileage wise I'll be closer to Playalinda but I'm thinking Apollo is more "first time" friendly. This is based on what I've read here on the forums. I've read that there are still signs posted about no nudity allowed at Playalinda and if wife sees this it could be a problem with her.

What advise can anyone here give, I know some will say try both and I have considered this but would like to do the easiest beach first to get our feet wet (no pun intended) before moving on to other places.

What rot. Playa is bigger, easier to park, ages are from 0 to 100, mainly cpls, we have never never seen anything that youldnt see at a reg clothed beach, never. Closer to a city with bars/restaurants/hotels.
We have been to both and getting up at 6, to drive..........S L O W for miles in the hope of grabbing a spot, is not fun!

Live love and have fun

jbutah

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  10:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flnudist

Have not been to Playalinda, but went to Apollo a few months ago. My wife is fairly hesitant as well, but she seemed very comfortable at Apollo. I did not see any signs saying nudity is forbidden there. Everybody generally keeps to themselves, but most people give a smile and a greeting when walking by. I spoke to one older gentlemen who was walking the beach who was very nice. I would try Apollo and walk down the beach until you find a spot that is away from most people, I think your wife will enjoy it. Being in our late twenties we were definitely the youngest ones there. I would say most people were probably in the 40 to 65 range.

Parking is the only down side I see to Apollo. Next time we go I am bringing a bike in case we have to park at lot 4.

flnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  10:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. We really don't have anythng really planned either day. Will arrive late Saturday morning and may not be able to check into hotel yet. So, we may just try Apollo on Saturday to test it then do Playalinda on Sunday because it's closer then head out for home. I'll let everyone know how it goes

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  7:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just spent two days at Playalinda and wanted to make some comments. Nothing that you regulars don’t already know.

First, I had totally forgotten how bloody hot Florida is in the Summer. Last time we were was in Late September and March so this was a rude awaking. We got there on Friday about 10:00. Lot 13 was close to full. Since we flew down, we had no chairs or umbrella. We could not take the heat, so we went back to the motel at 11:30 for lunch and picked up a $17 umbrella at Walmart – very smart move, then we went back to 13 about 2:30. Still very hot but much more tolerable with the shade of the umbrella.

Second, we went back Saturday and got there at 9:30. Lot 13 was completely full and 12 was close to it. Parked at 12 and hoofed it up – not a bad walk. But, If I would have had to walk from 11, that would have been too much – mainly the heat of course. Once again we left about 11:30 to avoid the hottest part of the day – fortunately we had the annual pass so we did not have to pay each time. We stayed till about 5 each day. Had to leave our valuable umbrella at a Salvation army drop-off since we could not take it on the plane.

There were lots of couples there both days. Saturday, a volleyball net was put up, but we never saw anyone play. We usually set up back against the dunes. The walk to the water was quite painful on my tender feet until 4 or so.

We saw absolutely no bad behavior whatsoever. On Saturday, a ranger came by twice on a quadrunner making sure there were no problems. We don’t remember seeing him on Friday. There was definitely more socializing going on Saturday, but most folks just keep to themselves like us.

I saw in a previous post that someone’s wife was put off by the “no nudity” signage. That is really a shame. But I do agree with her – the first time we went there, I felt the same level of apprehension. But once you visit a time or two, that all goes away. My wife and I now have a hard imaging going to a textile beach where clothing must be worn. It seems absolutely silly.

I should add that we came to Florida to attend a family event in Daytona Beach, but we chose to stay in Titusville because of Playalinda. There is a lesson there if anyone wants to listen.

flnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  11:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wife and I went to Playalinda today and we both loved it. She told me later that she suspected that the beach I chose would be a CO beach but still was interested in going to see what they were like. After sitting clothed for a brief period near the walk over we took a stroll down the beach. She actually dropped her top before I got my suit off. We stayed for a bit then left due to it getting really hot. ALL in all it was a sucessfull day for getting her started into a naturist life. She at least went topless and agreed to come back soon.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  4:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's great to hear, We have always called the topless women at the nude beach, nudist in training. LOL

Diger

lvmullins

Posted - 07/20/2009 :  8:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So is there a nude area at Titusville

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: talk of closings Topic Next Topic: Pirates Cove  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved