Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 139 ]  [ Total: 139 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Do Nudists Have Sex?
 What worries me about nudism...
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Sex on nudist beaches Topic Next Topic: Nudism & so called conflicting lifestyles
Page: of 3

ItsAlrightMa

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  5:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...is that it is too square. When I discovered that there was a massive world-wide naturist culture, I was absolutely estatic. I thought it meant that there were organized people out there who held the same spiritual beliefs that I do.

But then over the following weeks I learned about what it "really" is, and I became distraught. If you ask me, this naturist movement is taking one step forward and one step backward, ending up exactly as square as before. I read that erections are considered obscene. That doesn't make sense to me. You want us to feel at home in our own skin... but certain things our skin does is still horrible and uncouth? I'm not looking for a Rush Limbaugh version of nudism, whatever happened to the free-thinking philosophies of the 1960s?

The point of nudist resorts is to just go and act completely normal but to not be wearing clothes, and you're not even supposed to notice people's bodies. That's considered high-culture nudism. But I don't get it. Yes, I agree that people should be able to not wear clothes if they want to because we as a society should be mature enough to deal with that. Yes, I agree that clothes can be an unwanted burden and there's nothing sexual about that. But if you're not getting a thrill from taking off your clothes and hanging out with a bunch of people, you could just be naked in your own home. I'm sure there are plenty of people who get a lot of good out of this movement, but paying for a nudist retreat seems like a waste to me when the only thing you're recieving is the very mild extra comfort of not wearing clothes. I'm not going to go to nudist a retreat just to act normal and pretend I'm not interested.

This is just my feeling about it. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that these places exist. But they do seem kind of pointless to me. If somebody might point me in the direction of some places that aren't so family-oriented? I don't consider it to be lewd, I don't consider it to be disgraceful, I consider it to be pure humanity and the ultimate wholesomeness. Sexuality is what makes me what I am, and there isn't the slightest shred of "badness" in my sexuality.

"it's life and life only."

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  10:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your profile reads that your occupation is "freaking out squares." I guess you're just looking for a reaction.

Nudism is more than being without clothes. It's the feel-good feeling of the air, wind, surf, on you. It's about accepting yourself and others for who we are and not what we look like, own, or wear. Sure, you can go clothes-free at home, but human beings are social animals, and we tend to congregate with people of like minds. That's the reason for nudist clubs, not just resorts and parks but nonlanded clubs.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 06/01/2007 10:56:45 PM

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  12:39:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What you're looking for isn't nudism. Activate some of that 'free-thinking' you've got on google and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

ItsAlrightMa

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  10:52:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the response guys.

First of all, I'm not looking for a reaction in the least. That's an asburd misconception which a lot of people come to about me just because I have passionate beliefs. The reason I call my occupation freaking out squares is because I feel so persecuted against and I feel like there's no acceptance of my beliefs anywhere. I understand the good points of nudism, it just doesn't seem worth it to me. I'm not going to feel accepting of myself if I'm supposed to follow a bunch of rules. Ettiquete is just another word for societal control. I'm sorry there're no clubs for people minded like me to congergate in.

CMx2 - thanks for nothing. I'm aware that what I'm looking for isn't nudism (I already said that, didn't I?) and I've searched google.

Edited by - ItsAlrightMa on 06/02/2007 11:37:52 AM

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  3:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ItsAlrightMa

I'm aware that what I'm looking for isn't nudism (I already said that, didn't I?)

And yet you still come to this nudist forum and call us "squares" and let us know how distraught you are that nudism doesn't live up to your enlightened standards.
You then pretend that you aren't trying to get a reaction??? I don't think anyone is buying it.

You know what worries ME about nudism? People who show up to a club or resort that my family is visiting thinking nudism has anything to do with the 'free-thinking' mentality of the 60s. Modern nudism in the U.S. predates the 60s by several decades and has nothing to do with free love, pot, LSD, or make love not war rallies.

Sure, I've met a few Hippie types, but to this point they've all been very respectful to my wife and I as well as the club rules. But I guess that makes them "squares" in your book too.

Edited by - CMx2 on 06/02/2007 3:58:58 PM

windowphobe
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  7:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit windowphobe's Homepage  Send windowphobe an AOL message  Send windowphobe an ICQ Message  Send windowphobe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've pretty much always been too weird for normal people and too normal for weird people, and I figure that if they have a problem with that, well, it's their problem, not mine.

tgg
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  4:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit tgg's Homepage  Send tgg an ICQ Message  Click to see tgg's MSN Messenger address  Send tgg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm also a bit of a hippie at heart, and I have asked a few younger people what they think about nudist clubs. They said "I don't think I'd go to them - they're too conservative".

There are a few nude events and venues that venerate the 'free thinking' attitudes of the 1960's. There is the rock festival "Nudestock" held annually, Burning Man, and a venue in Ontario called The Grand Barn which was run by a musician and visionary.

The latter has a wide variety of activities that would interest you like music and Tantra workshops, as well as exploration of non-monogamous relationships.

Unfortunately, the 60's is becoming a distant memory where America is concerned. A lot of its values such as free love and peace have given way to sexual paranoia and a warmongering President. Sad, but there you go.

'Fear wraps our bodies in clothing, love allows us to stand naked' - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God 1)

ItsAlrightMa

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  7:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for the thoughtful reply tgg! Nudestock sounds great. It warms my heart that there are some peeps who aren't going to be pissy at me just because I'm pissy at them.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  09:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudestock at two nudist parks, one in CA and one in SC, both are G-rated, family friendly and adhere to the same rules/regs as their normal operation.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

skunkfarm

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  12:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Send skunkfarm an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi, ItsAlrightMa,

Burning Man for sure. Some 15,000 like minded artists/anerchists/funloving folks gathered in the desert for a 2 week party. Google it.

NakedAmbition
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  11:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ItsAlrightMa: Most of the clubs offer a little adult playfulness, mild bawdiness, etc., during the late night dances when the kiddies are asleep. I'm not saying you get a sex club atmosphere, but adults can talk and joke about adult things, playfully comment on each other's appearance and life practices (sensual and otherwise), and discuss various provocative topics in general. I've never seen it get out of hand, but adults can enjoy a few drinks and act (at least a little) in ways they wouldn't with the kids sitting next to them. Perhaps this sort of thing would be enough to satisfy your craving for occasional less-than-G-rated fun.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  8:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The free thinking of the 1960s is irrelevant to today's nudism. The two are not related. Thank God, free thinking went out a long time ago.
Nudism has been in America since the 1930s. Therefore modern nudism was around in the 1960s. But the two movements then had nothing to do with each other.

Naturally, Lester

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  8:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by catbird

Thank God, free thinking went out a long time ago.

Maybe at your house, Catbird, but not at mine.

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  01:55:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ItsAlrightMa

... But if you're not getting a thrill from taking off your clothes and hanging out with a bunch of people, you could just be naked in your own home. ...
Most of us are often nude at home but also like being with other people. I socialize in all kinds of appropriate costumes: black tie and tux, sport coat and tie, Dockers, jeans, shorts. Why shouldn't I also enjoy socializing with no costume? I love the feel of sun, wind and rain on my skin. It is deeply spiritual as well as body positive. That's why I see naturism as being important to healthy families and healthy societies and worth supporting.

quote:
... Sexuality is what makes me what I am, and there isn't the slightest shred of "badness" in my sexuality.

You are much more than your sexuality. You are one of the toughest, smartest animals on the planet. You are capable of stupendous good, including the raising up of new life like yourself, and incredible harm.

Like other human capabilities, sexuality can be used for great good or for great harm. I hope it leads you to take on the responsibilities of a man to build a better society for our families.

Many of us feel that naturist resorts are a part of what families need. We want you to join us in supporting that. True, we won't spend much time and effort fulfilling your needs. Being cared for is what we provide to children and old people, not strong young men. We expect you to be the one others rely on, like us.

There is no reason you can't organize events for those in your age group and still be mindful of your important role in providing a safe, caring environment for families, as you would want for your own.

NCBeachcomber

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  3:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

quote:
Originally posted by catbird

Thank God, free thinking went out a long time ago.

Maybe at your house, Catbird, but not at mine.

Glad to see somebody still respects the value of thinking for yourself. For that matter, of thinking, PERIOD.

On the broader topic: I have kinda mixed feelings, because I do believe there's a place for honest acknowledgement that 1) we're all sexual beings, and 2) there is sexual interest and at least a wee bit of potential stimulation in social nudist settings. But at the same time, I don't want to have to protect my kids from inappropriate sexual displays, and I don't want to have to worry about horny bozos hitting on my wife just because we're all naked (it's happened more than once at respectable nudist resorts.) I endorse and respect the comment about how "adult" standards can and do prevail at the late-evening dances and socials after the kids (mine included) are in bed.

But, finally: I have to say to the guy who inadvertently gives "free thinking" a bad name. Dude, we don't have "rules" just because somebody wants to bum ya out or cramp your "freedom." We have "rules" because civilized society needs a standard of mutual respect so we can all get along. And while we follow a very different code of behavior when we're entertaining nudist friends in private than we do at the nudist resorts, we very much respect the importance of the rules that keep overt sexual behavior minimized.

Sing it, Aretha: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  04:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah. I'm gonna go with NCBeachcomber on this one. There's only so much "nature" that is "natural" to humans. Bottom line is that we're not animals. If you were a horse, and you saw an attractive female, and you were up to it, other horses wouldn't care if you had an erection. On the other hand, horses defecate in front of each other all the time.

As social creatures, we have some reserves that are simply a matter of being polite.

Yeah, of course men are going to have a natural reaction to attractive women. It's Ok. In fact, that same physical function sometimes happens for no damned good reason, whatsoever. But your following actions are what's important. Covering up or excusing yourself is much more appropriate. Being polite is part of what we are as a society.

(now in personal relations? . . . duh. different story.)

Nudity was common in ancient Greece. Erections were considered rude even back then. It has nothing to do with being "natural". It has everything with being offensive. To put it in more modern terms, it would be like saying, out of the blue, "I'd love to have sex with you" to a co-worker that perhaps you haven't even introduced yourself to, and then grabbing her ass without waiting for a response. That would clearly not be a simple accident.

I'm not even sure if I'm equipped to comment on "Free Love", but I don't think it applies to the larger naturist attitude and tradition.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Sex on nudist beaches Topic Next Topic: Nudism & so called conflicting lifestyles  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved