Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 473 ]  [ Total: 473 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 If Nudism isn't about Sex, what is it about?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: I was wondering something Topic Next Topic: Is nudity or clothing sexier?
Page: of 5

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  11:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does being nude make you feel alive? Is the sun, wind and rain on your skin important to you? Does being nude around the house make you feel more relaxed and invigorated? If so, then you just might be a nudist.

Do you think those kinds of feelings are sensuous, like good music and good friends, or do you believe those kinds of feelings are primarily sexual, like a Victoria Secret fashion show.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  1:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudism to me is about relaxing, de-stressing, getting back to innocense. Accepting yourself and others for who you are and not what you look like, own, or wear. It's about enjoying the sensuality of the wind, air, water on me w/o tight constricting clothings. Nudists are no different than any other people except that after a large meal, nudists have no belt to losen.
When sexuality is brought into nudism, nudism becomes something else IMHO.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  2:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Right on Cheri, it's about being!

quote:
When sexuality is brought into nudism, nudism becomes something else IMHO.

love2rllrsk8

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  3:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being nude is "Being Free"...no clothes to weigh you down...just lay out in the sun the way the good Lord made us. No tan line....Nooooooo problem. My husband and I are members of Glen Eden Sun Club in California. Looking forward to going to Shangr La Ranch in October for 3 or 4 days on our way up to Cottonwood and the Grand Canyon for vacation.

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  8:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just can't buy it. Nudism is not a sexual pursuit, much less a sexual perversion. However, it is not merely the absence of clothes, either. It's difficult for me to say exactly what it is. For me, it's healing and freedom. Clothes don't hurt me or restrict me, because I buy comfortable and loose-fitting clothes. So what exactly do I get from being nude? Not as much as I get from being nude with other nude people, that's certain. I just don't know.

I really don't. I just know I like it. And I can't convince anyone to join me unless they feel the same way already.

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  02:31:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen to all.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  10:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adam and Eve so the story says were nudists so to speak. It was their shame and guilt that made them cover themselfs. Its in the minds of the beholder. Enjoying Life Naturally is wholesomeness of the human body and life is enhanced and enriched through social nude recreation.

Sad that some dont know or experience its true benefits of mind, body and soul.

go n nude

babsie97

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  8:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudism is about not being oppressed by clothing sticking into your sides, confining your movement, inhibiting who you are.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  10:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To me nudism brings on a sense of freedom a ablility to relax and relieve stress. It is also a great equalizer. I know when I visit a nude resort I am going t be accepted and find others like myself who enjoy relaxing nude and are friendly. I am able to forget my worries for just a little while and meet some very interesting people.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  10:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The popular opinion in this world is that sex sells. Everywhere you look, magazines, Television, The Movies, and someone said Victoria Secrets, all you find is sex.

For me, if Naturism has anything to do with sex, it is the freedom from sex. To be able to relax the way God had intended us to and have a conversation with another naked person, without the sexual thoughts the textile world tries so hard to provoke, is impossible to describe. It is the ultimate in relaxation and freedom and is quite possible the reason Naturists have such a bond with one another. In the same way Naturism can increase the bonds and trust levels in your marriage.

I’m not saying that man is not sexual by nature, I am saying that Naturism can allow you to focus your sexual nature where it belongs, your wife.

Sorry for rambling on.

Diger

NTLnTAA
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  07:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As per Cheri, relaxing, de-stressing. Enjoying the sensuality of the wind, air, water on me w/o tight constricting clothings. Nudists are no different than any other people. We do the same things, except we are nude.

When you start doing anything new in your life, there is a comfort curve. My wife and I, at the end our first nudist experience when the curve was straight up, were very suprised at how relaxed we felt. Relaxed, recharged, refreshed. Any repeated experiences in anything you do will not have as much impact as the *first time*. But after numerous visits to our club or the beach, we always comment to each other, that the same relaxed, recharged, refreshed, calming feelings are still there.

Nude = sex. We thought that also. We didn't know anyone who participated in social nudity, at that time. We had each other for support so we started down this path. It didn't take long to see that nude = sex. NOT!

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  4:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great question, StuffedTiger.
I had always thought of nudism as the enjoyment of uninhibited existence, absolute equality, with nothing to hide oneself behind. No ornaments, no clothing, no caste marks of society to flaunt or exhibit. Just us.

But it became apparent that many who would be nudists had to differentiate themselves. Exotic body piercings, tatoos, sculpted pubic hair entered. And the wearers of such adamantly defended their "right" to make statements via their accessories. Perhaps it was idealistic to think we could just be naked?

Through experience I would attest that IMHO the true naturist is not without clothing to satisfy some latent sexual desire. There is just nothing sexual about a nudist environment or activity. One probably has to live it to understand that. And yet, the only distinguishing fact that a group of nudists has from a group of people at a non clothing-optional beach is that their sexual organs are openly and lawfully exposed to view. How can one say that sexuality is not an element of nudism?

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  01:40:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clothed or nude, I am a sexual being. That's how I ended up with a wife to partner with and kids to support. Walking the floor at 2am with a crying baby and plunging a stopped up toilet after one of the older ones put something down it, are an integral part of being that sexual being, IMHO. :-)

I couldn't care less if the wife is wearing a bikini. Believe it or not, I find a Gerber stained sweatshirt can look much more attractive when it's your kids and you know the story of how those stains got there.

For myself, I can accept even the most mind numbing chore as a gift when I can truly sense life coming at me and be in the moment. Taking a break and getting naked helps me do that. It is a definite, relaxing way for me to feel whole, to get in the moment, to become more aware and even to be thankful for what I have. I wonder if others feel that.

Jim in Boston
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  10:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what, exactly, is wrong with 'Sex'?

jameslkirtleyjr

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  10:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jim in Boston

So what, exactly, is wrong with 'Sex'?

jameslkirtleyjr

James, There's nothing wrong with sex. It just has no place within nudism or at a nudist venue.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  3:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stuffed Tiger:

Last weekend my wife and I along with a few couples visted our fav nudist site in Conn., and it was a great afternoon.

We all just sat around relaxed read "The Boston Globe, New York Times, etc.

After the stress of the week with all the "Bull ----" that everyone has to put up with the hours we spent with each other was bliss!

This weekend we are having approx 6 couples over to spend enjoy our pool and spa. Some of the couples will be stay with us, and it will be a lot of fun watching the Sox.

We are not here for a long time, so let's have a good time.

Cookie

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: I was wondering something Topic Next Topic: Is nudity or clothing sexier?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.17 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved