Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 138 ]  [ Total: 138 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Nude Art (non-erotic, all subjects over 18)
 Video, film, performance, or unusual media
 Nudity in the movies
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Whatever Happened to Gail Ward? Topic Next Topic: Naked news - by students in the UK
Page: of 3

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  08:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tuffers

Walkabout and Blue Lagoon were great films. Does anybody remember "Women in Love" with the scene with the late Oliver Reed and for the life of me I cannot remember the other male actors name. They were wrestling totally nude on front of a roaring fire on a mansion. Plenty of full frontal there!!!

Here is a link to the description of Women in Love. The other male lead appears to be Alan Bates.

I saw it at the campus theater in College. I had to read the book for a Freshman English course and missed all the interesting parts shown in the film.

Edited by - bornnude on 05/28/2007 08:07:59 AM

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  10:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks bornnude for reactivating my old brain. Of course it was Alan Bates!! I had his face clearly in my mind but could I remember his name. First signs of sinility!!!

Mike

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  5:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I picked up a cute DVD from f.y.e. not too long ago it was a double picture entitled Blaze Starr Goes Nudist, and Nude on the Moon. It was shot I think in the late 30’s or so. There were scenes that I just had to laugh at. Such as the ladies sitting or standing with leg’s bent so that the only thing visible were their breasts, and none of the men were shown from the waist down. But over all both of them were good movies.

Herman

nudeinsc
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  10:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes...Blue Lagoon was a very good movie...Tuffers I know the movie you are thinking of....but cant remember the other male either...Sam

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  5:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What’d y’all think about the “new” Arby’s commercial where the guy an gal are sitting by a lake, and she suggests that they go for a dip. Then runs to the water undressing as she goes. Showing just her back, then her just from the tops of her breasts looking at him like he’s crazy for running off for fast food instead of joining her?

Also whatever y’all think of the Wamu commercial where the “bankers pen” are nude save for shoes an socks. And “Bill” can’t believe that they actually went nude?

Personally I think the Arby’s commercial is the better one as there’s no surprise or possible disgust over the nudity, as there is in the Wamu commercial. Are there other commercials that use nudity or the suggestion of nudity in a positive manner?

Herman

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  9:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can absolutely see movies where nudity would be an integral part. I remember even seeing "Winds of War" on television where Jews were being led into the gas chambers, and the FCC didn't seem to have a problem with it, since it was not only historically accurate, but a supremely moving and disturbing scene. More recently, some movies have had scenes that were not gratuitous. One of my favorites was actually "The Whole Nine Yards", where the amazing Amanda Peet's Character disrobed to create a distraction. It was brief, sure, but it made sense.
Part of the problem, though, is that nudity in film is usually used for one of two reasons: Sex or comedy. Now to be fair, Those both have their parts in storytelling. I laughed heartily at the character of "Areola" in "Not Another Teen Movie", but the problem is that realistic nudity (normal life situations even for textiles) is rarely depicted, and casual nudity (people reading the newspaper, and the like) are NEVER depicted, so the result is furthering the perception that nudity is either sexual or undignified. You could further that argument that most male nudity in film (almost never frontal) is used for comedic effect.

I've got my gears churning. Maybe I can come up with a screenplay where nudity actually fits into the script. I'll keep thinking about it.

By the way, I loved that Arby's commercial.

Butt_Naked_Boy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  10:12:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found some interesting info here:
Innocent Nudity in Films
(Long url because it's a google cache of a page that apparently no longer exists.)

Note: Moderators, I'm pretty sure the above link is okay to post. If not, then my apologies and please delete it.

Edited by - Butt_Naked_Boy on 05/20/2009 10:15:08 AM

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  12:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I rember seeing a documentary a few years a go on the Olympics. To where the orginal particapants
compeeted in the nude.

capecodjack
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  3:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im not trying to hijack the topic but I would like to say that nonsexual nudity would be more enjoyable than all the gratuitous violence that can get a "G" or "PG" rating. Decapitations and severed body parts are supposed to be less objectionable than the human body nude. Unbelievable !!

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  8:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Butt_Naked_Boy

I found some interesting info here:
Innocent Nudity in Films...

I like the label of "innocent nudity" as a counter-weight to "indecent exposure" and as a substitute for "non-sexual nudity". "Innocent nudity" says what it means and is unambiguous enough even for legal use.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  9:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Digital_Cowboy

I picked up a cute DVD from f.y.e. not too long ago it was a double picture entitled Blaze Starr Goes Nudist, and Nude on the Moon. It was shot I think in the late 30’s or so. There were scenes that I just had to laugh at. Such as the ladies sitting or standing with leg’s bent so that the only thing visible were their breasts, and none of the men were shown from the waist down. But over all both of them were good movies.
Herman

That Blaze Starr movie was funny, but not because of clever lines. One of the main characters had a "moustache" on him that was merely drawn on him with a grease pencil or something quite similar. A low budget production!

The one thing I didn't like about it was a cheesy scene at a theater where Blaze was watching a movie about a nudist resort. The men in the theater couldn't keep their eyes off her.

The main part was about being at a nudist resort and that part was enjoyable.

“In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.” -John Adams

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  9:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw both Blaze Starr Goes Nudist and Nude on the Moon recently on tv here in Canada. They were both hilarious movies. In Canada, we have a channel called "Drive-In", and on every Friday night, they show these types of old movies. It's funny too see the actors/actresses going out of their way not to expose their fronts below the waste. Also, a lot of these are set in Florida, near where I lived, so I like to look for places that I recognize.

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  10:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly personal best showed some nudity. It was about a female track team. Where two of the girls fell in love. then out because one of them fell in love with a man. There was more to than that.
But I remmeber they showed some nudity.

MichiganMan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  10:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else find humor in the movies and tv shows where there is nudity but it is conveniently hidden by a strategic camera angle or well placed lamps, furniture, etc? I think its funny how directors will do this just to convey that there is nudity without actually showing it.
What I'm talking about was satired at the end of one of the Austin Powers movies where they move stuff while covering themselves.

P.S. I couldn't get the link of "Innocent Nudity in Films" to work.

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  04:35:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Movies like "Blaze Starr Goes Nudist" and "Nude on the Moon" are exploitational films directed by the late Doris Wishman. They are funny in a campy (no pun intended) way. They made it appear that nudists did a lot of reading because they were frequently holding a newspaper or magazine in front of their privates when walking around the camp!

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Whatever Happened to Gail Ward? Topic Next Topic: Naked news - by students in the UK  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved