Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 178 ]  [ Total: 178 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudist Fashion - Apparel and Body Jewelry
 Genital Jewelry
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Jewelry question - what is hallmark 750? Topic Next Topic: Piercing, body jewelry, etc.
Page: of 4

emwavehunter
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  1:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My personal taste is that of no body art. When naked, I prefer to be entirely so. The only exception is to wear my wedding ring...just not on my genitals.

What others choose to do is fine with me, though. Everyone has the right to be themselves, whether I agree with their taste or not.

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  8:25:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Over the last 15 or so years, there has been a major social change in attitudes about genital piercing. The idea is much more "mainstream" now than it was before, and is one small aspect of a much larger shift in culture.

In the framework of historians like Toynbee, we are in the process of changing from "Western Civilization" to a much wider successor. Two previous equivalents are the shift from the Classic naturalistic Greek and Roman to the stiff, formal Byzantine culture and art, both based on the same geography and population, seperated by only a couple generations.
Similarly, the Old Arabic culture became overewhelmingly Islamic in two decades of change.

The cultural developments are very widespread, not just in Western Europe and the settled ex-colonies like the United States, New Zealand and Australia, but widely seen in Japan and other nonWestern nations.

This process is still in comparatively early stages, and much remains to accomplish. I have written a book on this and other parts of the system of history. It is posted online as "Politicometrics."

Edited by - balataf on 08/22/2008 8:29:26 PM

inudist
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  09:38:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit inudist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess I'll throw my two cents on this topic as well. It is of course a personal decision and I respect that. Body jewlery, as well as tattoos, are not for me. I agree with many posters that jewlery around the genitals is a form of exibitionism.

The question I have is if you do not like to wear clothes, then why wear all of that jewlery?

inudist

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  12:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Why not?

I don't wear any jewelry at any time, but if it makes them happy,...

After giving this a LOT of thought, my own conclusion is that it really makes no difference. If an exhibitionist is going to go to a nudist venue, the exhibition will become painfully obvious within time, jewelry or no. Why not spread the 'look at me' to the cars that people drive in, a Cadillac, BMW, Mercedes, Corvette, etc all have a level of 'look at me' about them, but they also have a better ride and more acceleration then my Nissan budget car. Shall we ban those exhibitionist drivers as well?

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  8:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And this is my 2 cents worth. I have two rings in my scrotum. Have had them for three years. I came to the conclusion that if women could have labia rings, then surely I could have scrotum rings.

I have no problem going thru airports because they are stainless steel.

I don't like reading resort rules (fine print) to see if there is going to be genital police.
I love my rings and I certainly don't view them as sexual. Decorations is a better description, and even that may not be entirely accurate.

When I know that the genital police will be present, I take out the ring and replace it with a plug. Nobody notices that.

And for you nudists who don't like genital jewelry, I say "don't like, don't look."

I love this forum. There is also another forum similar to this on "newsgroups" under "rec.nude". Best wishes to all.

skipre
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  1:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Call me chicken or whatever, the thought of even inflicting pain on one's self just to wear something shinny is, to me ignorant. You could accomplish doing this alot easier by purchasing a ring or necklace. Forgive me but I was raised differently, I was raised that your body is God's temple and should be treated as such. I could not even bring myself to even get a tatoo. I remember when I joined the Army we had to even list scar's over 1/2" long. You "could" receive a court martial for getting a tattoo without approval. Now we have people who feel the need to walk around looking like the dispay case in a jewelry store. And whos fault is all this mess anyway...OURS. The members of clubs and resorts who have strick rules prohibiting this need to stand up and not give in to what is "hip".

n/a
deleted

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  2:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My goodness ... if the worst thing you can say about someone is that you dislike or disapprove of their piercing, then I'd say they're not too dangerous.

nudeisbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  2:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ouch! Hurts to just think about it. My preference is to not even see this stuff, but that's just my preference - I would not force it on anyone else, and I'll try to keep the wincing to a minimum.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  6:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So far, the only body alterations I've had are haircuts, on top of my head. I choose not to fool Mother Nature with genital art. She has already given me enough; why spoil her day?

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." James Madison

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  12:13:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OUCH !

HomeNudist
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  12:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not for me.

IMHO The human body is a beautiful creation as it is. Any added adornment is kinda like saying what God created was not good enough . . .

olwino1
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  09:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At this time in my life a body piercing is highly unlikely . I have certainly noticed more of this going on with younger people these days and I guess it is harmless enough . As far as tatoos go I am considering one for the first time in my life . My son is USMC and headed for a tour in Afganistan . He has a sunburst on his upper back between his shoulders . Out of respect and love for my son I have the crazy thought of getting one too just like his . This would be very personal between he and I . He of course is all for this . Just the thought does make me smile a bit too .

nude gardener
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  11:19:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see nothing wrong with either tatoos or piercing ( I have neither)I couldn't imagine myself having anything pierced but I probably will get a tatoo. We have several friends that have piercings and on them it looks good. I would'nt call any of them exibitionists, it is just something they wanted.

snidely

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  10:53:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always considered a tattooed person - "low class" - and not someone i'd have anything in common with. The great leaders (political, science, literary, business, etc.) don't have tattoos - at least ones that would be visible. My guess is that no one in the Fortune 500 has a tattoo. Neither would any of the higher ranking jusges on various Courts.
As far as piercings, i would assume the same goes. Many young males go thru a phase wherethey get ear piercings. When they mature, they no longer make use of them - so unlike a tattoo, no permant damage is done. Some young women get piercings in strange places, but that jewelry also disappears when they mature.
I am not offended by an adult wearing tattoos or jewelry> I do conclude, tho, (and usually correctly) that they are not the sort of person i would have anything in common with on any level (intellectually, interests).
I'd be interested in a survey of the number of tattoos in the various economic and social classes.
I wouldn't count piercings unless they are still actively used.

wayne a
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  4:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy Snidely you sure assume a lot. No one in the Fortune 500 has a tattoo, great leaders don't, I highly doubt that.

Wayne

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Jewelry question - what is hallmark 750? Topic Next Topic: Piercing, body jewelry, etc.  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved