Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 222 ]  [ Total: 222 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Raising kids as nudists from the start or later?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Maryland Nudists? Topic Next Topic: Nude beach near bradenton
Page: of 4

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  10:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I started raising my kids as nudists when they ranged in age from 11 to 13. Mine took about three weeks before they were comfortable, but once they were they were happier and didn't fight as much anymore.

I would like to hear when they started raising their kids as nudists and how that went.

I would also like to hear from kids raised as nudists from the start and from kids introdused to it later and how it changed you.

I would also like to know if any kids ever came out as nudists to thier friends and how they handled that.

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  02:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
HarborGuy,

To address your second question: A friend introduced me to nudism at age 19. At this point, despite her lasciviousness, I only wish two things: that I had kept in touch with her (at least I'd have someone I knew well help me along), and that I hadn't started sooner... such as as a toddler.

To answer your third question: As a college student (basically a kid), I mentioned to my friends that "I prefer to be nude". Some friends did not take too well to it, but that's college... it's basically high school on steroids.

So, in esssence: you were smart to start your kids when you did because it may have also helped them through that awkward middle school phase. Kudos!

Edited by - HG8Harrier on 11/28/2006 02:42:41 AM

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  3:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will shout from the top of my soapbox on this one.......RAISE YOUR CHILDREN AS NUDISTS FROM BIRTH! Actually it will be easier for YOU as children are natural nudists. Raising our three girls as nudists was one of the BEST things we ever could have done for them. It promotes self confidence and good body image, especially for girls, which will help them in countless ways throughout their lives. As I have said in many of my posts..if you never teach children that nudity is shamefull or should be covered up, thats really all you have to do. They will then never associate anything negative with nudity and naturally "become" nudists. Both my husband and I were also raised as nudists from day one. As a young child you dont even notice the "nudity" around you amoung adults and others. Its just not like that. As you get older you realize that you just prefer not to wear clothes. Its really not something that is learned. Actually being ashamed of nudity and covering up is the learned part, and any parent or adult that teaches THAT to a child is doing that child a HUGE diservice.

Jenn

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  08:40:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jenn, Admire your style. To me, clothes and partial clothing cause more controversy than nudity. Being nude removes many layers of style I could or would criticize.

Best Wishes, Jim

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  09:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When I said I wish to hear when thay started... That was a brain fart. I mean to say I wish to hear when you started raising your kids as nudists and how that went for you.

I want to hear from the whole spectrum. Parents and kids and even new parents or expecting parents planning on raising a nudist family.

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  12:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
While my Parents were casual about much home nudity, they were not really Nudists. My Wife's Parents were just plain uptight on the entire idea.
So, my Wife followed my lead and we became lloooonngg-term home Nudists, only joining a local Philly group (Phi Nu) in the summer of 2005. But both my Sons were raised in a clothing-optional environment. Yet, today, both of them, now grown, are not attracted to it and even the 14YO who still lives with us is usually found copvered with textiles.

We led by example, but they didn't follow.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  2:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I said.. raised all three of our daughters from birth in a nudist environment, in our home and at nudist clubs and beaches. Currently all three of them remain very active in nudism. There interest in it has only increased. In fact, many times they will choose on their own, not to participate in an activity if they have to be clothed.

Jenn

CathyK
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  7:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HarborGuy

When I said I wish to hear when thay started... That was a brain fart. I mean to say I wish to hear when you started raising your kids as nudists and how that went for you.

I want to hear from the whole spectrum. Parents and kids and even new parents or expecting parents planning on raising a nudist family.

What in the world is a "brain fart"?

Cathy

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  12:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You know that wonderful moment when you first wake up and have to pee and you walk dead into the wall? Well it's like that only you've been awake for hours.

constanceg58
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  12:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband grew up in a nudist family and I became a nudist before we married. A visit to his family was the beginning point for me, but the one thing I was unsure of were the children present during that visit. As other visits followed, I could see that they were quite at easy and felt very comfortable around others. We raised our two children to be nudists. I have one son, 19, and a daughter who is 17 and they both love the lifestyle. It has made us much closer as a family, I believe.
Connie

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  4:41:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from a nudist family like my own. If you raise your children a "correctly" they will never learn or associate anything negative with nudity and most likely continue as nudists their whole lives.

Jenn

CathyK
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  9:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just about all negative issues that women have with their bodies relate to how they look when clothed. The earlier you remove clothing from the equation, the sooner you start to rtun negative body issues into positive body issues. I know because it worked for me.

Cathy

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  10:12:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not totally sure how I feel about raising children as nudists, but one thing has occured to me in the past couple of days. Haven't we all had enough of the recent media feeding frenzy (so to speak) over Britney Spears (or Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan) getting their naughty bits photographed 'cause they went out in short skirts and no knickers? If nudism were more prevalent, such antics would be greeted with a yawn, and these talentless bimbos would sink into well-deserved obscurity.

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  11:50:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

I'm not totally sure how I feel about raising children as nudists...

Sorry NaturistDoc, but this string isn't about how people feel about raising kids nude. This string was about when kids were started in nudism or were they raised that way since diapers and how they dealt with it if it was later in their childhood.

I also wanted to hear how parents brought the subject up to them in the beginning and all that kind of stuff.

Although I really agree with your point that accidental flashes should be a big yahn; that really isn't where we are going here.

Edited by - Moderator on 12/02/2006 12:03:39 PM

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  5:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From parents that started all three of our children "from the beginning", Im not really sure how to answer the questions posed here. My husband and I didnt "bring up anything" as we merely never taught our girls that they had to wear clothes. We are all natural nudists. In raising nudist children..its not what you DO...BUT what you DONT DO. By that I mean you just DONT ever associate ANYHTING negative with nudity in a child's upbringing and nature will do the rest. As our girls got older we simply explained to them that everyone in this world doest think the same way and many people wear clothing and many dont. Since our family spends most of its time around other nudists, we have always had other nudist families with their children for our daughters to play with. Our daughters have VERY strong personnalities and have gotten man many of their friends into trying nudism over the years. If you simply just have a relaxed attitude about nudity with your children and at home, it will have countless benefits for them in the future.

Jenn

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  9:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have our kids home about 90% of the time and have a nudist household. They spend the other 10% at the other parents' house which are not nudist friendly. Our 7 year old is nude as she pleases around the house while our 13 yr old is no longer comfortable nude but is fine with others' nudity and we are nude around the house most of the time.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Maryland Nudists? Topic Next Topic: Nude beach near bradenton  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.43 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved