Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 252 ]  [ Total: 252 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Religion And Nudism
 Telling Your Religous Congregation Friends
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Do You Pray In The Nude?
Page: of 2

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  6:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We have a recent development that has convinced me even more that you can be open with church friends.

We are vacationing later this summer with another couple from our church that we have been friends with for quite some time. The couple has three young kids and has a very relaxed dress code at home and is open about it. The beach we are going to is near our favorite Nude Beach, my wife told them if they watch our kids while we go to the nude beach, we will watch their kids while they go and promised to show them where it is. They seem very excited over the opportunity to go to their first nude beach. Not at all the reaction everyone expects.

They know our dress code at home and are not bothered by it at all however we do slip something on when they stop by. The mom stopped by the other night to drop off some cupcakes she had baked, it took us a couple minutes to slip something on before I answered the door, so when she came in she grinned and said jokingly “You better get something on.”

We are hoping that after their first nude beach trip they will be hooked as we were.

Diger

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  9:00:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just trying to get this topic started again. Buy the way our friends chickened out last year and didn't go to the nude beach but we are still hopefull.

Diger

4reoftxtle56
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  11:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are so many wonderful stories told here and to many wonderful things said by many of you. I truly believe it is not just "Church" people who are not nudist friendly and definitely not a particular denomination. With that said who can say what is the right or wrong church for nudist. If anyone is not going to church because they feel "church people" are negative towards nudity they are using that as a poor excuse for not going. I have not told anyone in our congregation, or co-workers for that matter, about my love of being nude simply because some "people" do not accept it. For all I know there could be one or several members of our church who are also nudist and have not said anything for the same reason. Who knows maybe some day the subject will come up or maybe not. If it does and I feel the time is right with whom I am talking with I will open that door. In the mean time I know I am in the "right church" for me. That is the one God is in and that is why I go to church, to be closer to God not to find out who loves nudity and who is against it. Wanting to hear The Good News of Jesus, receiving Communion and sharing fellowship other members is the reason to go to church and nothing else. While I am in church I will be praying for all who do not go because they think "church people" are not nudist friendly.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  12:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christian priests and missionaries have been "putting clothes on the natives" since they invaded pagan Europe. While some Christians now "pick and choose" which part of traditional Christian teaching they will follow and which they won't, those decisions really don't change the long history of Christian teaching and belief.

nudistmormon
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2019 :  02:15:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I left the mormon church a few years ago and now a Southern Baptist. My Pastor knows im a nudist which means his family knows.

Mie

Not new here, I usd to have the s/n loves2bnude

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2019 :  03:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is amazing how well some except our life style and some do not. Guess it is their loss, not ours!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2019 :  3:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've stopped going to church on a regular basis. I suspect that the church and our priests would not have an issue with our nudist lifestyle but I wouldn't put much faith in some members of the congregation.

I've always wanted to be much more open about living naked, recreating naked, vacationing naked but my wife has had a bit more dealings with conversations with friends and church friends that tell her that telling them would not go well. We just keep it to ourselves, our immediate family and will share to close friends that can be adult about it.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2019 :  6:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We don't attend services. But my Father and Mother in law do and are practicing Catholics and have no problem with us being nudists. There is an Author by the name of Wayne Daniels. Who is a nudist and a preacher. Wayne Daniels is a pseudonym. The resort we attend most at one time had Christian services. but that was before .we started going there.

prairieflya
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2019 :  6:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have been a part of our small congregation for the entirety of our married lives, and nearly the life of the congregation. We embraced naturism about ten years ago, and were open with our closest friends in that body, and have continued to "out" ourselves to others as the issue came up or was relevant to discuss. It's probably about 1/3 that know by now, and of those that know, about a third have joined us in one way or another, either by visiting our club with us, or joining us au naturel in our hot tub.

I once volunteered for a small planning task force for a church project, and offered to host the meeting at my home. We ended up holding the meeting in our hot tub with wine...one member of the group opted for a suit, but had no trouble with the rest of the church committee being nude.

Bottom line is that church relationships, if you are doing them right, are intimate and honest. If that relationship can't handle being truthful with one another, then maybe you are in the wrong church relationship.

I've found in sharing about my naturism with non-naturist friends, it is helpful to have an "elevator pitch". To have thought through a concise, clear rationale for why I practice it, and to be able to articulate it in the first part of the conversation. Being able to do that, pulls the conversation back from wherever the listener's imagination is taking it, and builds a foundation for the listener becoming more open to new thinking about the idea.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/19/2019 :  10:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So glad to see so many positive experiences.

Diger

Page: of 2 Topic Next Topic: Do You Pray In The Nude?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved