Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 195 ]  [ Total: 196 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Wilderness Destinations and Trip Reports
 Camping & backpacking wilderness areas
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: North Carolina Topic Next Topic: Ocala National Forest
Page: of 3

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  3:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They say alot of people hike portions of the Appalachian trail nude but they sometimes the trail is crowded with hiker so I guess you would need to keep a coverup handy. That would be cool to hike from Georgia to Maine nude.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  09:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh that would be great spot, all where clothes optional or tolerated nude use. In northern Ont.the possibilties are endless during spring,summer and fall, many lakes and areas accessible by canoe/plane/rail or foot, with the crimminal code states if someone mistakes their suclusion,while nude, isn't breaking any laws/or upon complaint your being deviant one might face arrest, use common sense, most seem to tolerate nudists who don't bother them or show some respect for their rights. Meeting other nude users is a nice surprise, bears, rattle snakes,moose and deer are best in the distance. Bugs in the early spring could eat one alive esp. while nude .

go n nude

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  4:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
go n nude thats the way it should be everywhere if your hiking or sunbathing and a textile comes along and isn't comfortable and the law is called, just ask us to dress not cite or arrest but a verbal warning I would accept that. Its amazes me that the USA talks about all this freedom but is the first to infringe on peoples choice.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  12:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailawaybob

They say alot of people hike portions of the Appalachian trail nude but they sometimes the trail is crowded with hiker so I guess you would need to keep a coverup handy. That would be cool to hike from Georgia to Maine nude.

It would! I haven't hiked the AT, but I know people who have. From what I understand, it's not really a secluded wilderness trek. There are lots of people on it. So like you say Bob, there would be that to deal with, in whatever way you cared to.

I have twice encountered nude hikers on more remote trails in the West. Neither hiker did anything special to cover up as I passed them. Obviously, nudity doesn't bother me, but I have to say I did a double-take the first time! I was with my husband and we just smiled and said hello as we passed.

I have been told that plenty of people hike nude here in southern Arizona, which always makes me chuckle and even wonder how long that lasts. Those of you who have never had an encounter with a Teddy Bear cholla don't know what you're missing .. LOL.

Omg .. those things are creations of the devil. Anyone who risks exposing their tenderest body parts to cholla spines is far braver than I.

Some years ago we were camped at a very remote location on the north rim of the Grand Canyon. This was at a primitive Park Service campground and there was just us and one other couple camped there. We had met them that day and chatted with them for a while. Their campsite was about a quarter of a mile away from ours.

That evening, after the sun went down and the temperature became more tolerable, we walked over to their campsite with a bottle of wine and discovered that they were nude. After a few seconds of surprise, my husband asked if they minded if we joined them nude.

They didn't mind, and so the four of us sat around in the cool desert evening and talked far into the night. It was a lovely evening, and just goes to show you never know when or where you will find other like-minded folks :)

If you don't like my profile picture, then use whiteout on your monitor.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  11:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems that people who are outdoor oriented and I don't mean people who take the family to the park on the weekend or hit the trails occasionally but the true die hard are more acceptable, I encountered two females a while back that were shocked at first but were ok after I told them I was a nudist, on the river I have been caught nude several times by boaters that just waved or asked how the fishing was, I wish that as go n nude states in Canada if you are confronted you are just asked to dress i'm ok with that, in the states you are probably going to be on a sex offender list.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  09:06:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in the states you are probably going to be on a sex offender list.

No need to worry much, Bob. Just as you mention, the people who go into wilderness areas in the US are usually a lot more tolerant than the general population. Most of the time it's not easy getting out to those places and it's a special kind of person who enjoys them, anyway. Like me, they like wilderness because they enjoy freedom and solitude.

It's funny .. the subject of being nude in remote areas is an ongoing topic of discussion in one large hiking organization here in Arizona. By far, most of the folks in the group have no problem with nudity, even if they have no intention of ever being nude themselves. The most common objection is if children are present, but you almost never see children in the backcountry anyway, so that isn't much of an objection.

If you don't like my profile picture, then use whiteout on your monitor.

Edited by - n/a on 01/09/2009 09:07:54 AM

OldBaldGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  6:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"...area between Skagway, Alaska and Carcross, Yukon..."

Murray, how many gallons of bug juice do you pack along???

OBG

eric son

Posted - 02/28/2009 :  7:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I purchased a pop up camper and would like to go to some nude campgrounds or campgrounds that have a nude pool area. Are there any in Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee or Florida that anyone knows of and enjoyed? thanks

lazarus
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2009 :  8:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by go n nude

Oh that would be great spot, all where clothes optional or tolerated nude use. In northern Ont.the possibilties are endless during spring,summer and fall, many lakes and areas accessible by canoe/plane/rail or foot, with the crimminal code states if someone mistakes their suclusion,while nude, isn't breaking any laws/or upon complaint your being deviant one might face arrest, use common sense, most seem to tolerate nudists who don't bother them or show some respect for their rights. Meeting other nude users is a nice surprise, bears, rattle snakes,moose and deer are best in the distance. Bugs in the early spring could eat one alive esp. while nude .

go n nude

When my wife and I were much younger and able to do the canoe/portage thing, we used to camp on crown land in Northern Ontario for weeks at a time and never see a soul. Wonderful memories of swimming, fishing all au naturel.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  5:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eric there are a ton of clubs in the south to visit, some rustic some with every amenitie google American Association for nude recreation or AANR for their listings.

mariarose
Forum Member

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  3:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any one get to do any natural camping this past summer? Love to hear about it as I head into the dark and rainy winter.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  9:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mariarose didn't do any camping this year but quite a few nude day hikes, most trail were about five miles in length, had a few textile encounters but all went well. always searching books and internet for new trails in my area. would like to get back to camping maybe in 2010.

mariarose
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  09:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This next year we plan to start opening up some trails through our property where we can hike. Unfortunately, we still can't guarrantee ourselves complete privacy because our trails will undoubtedly be used by the marijuana growers to reach their plants. That could be dangerous. So we don't know exactly what to do. If we open up trails it will be easier for us to get around in our broken terrain, so we could be a more active presence, and we could maybe invite a nonlanded club to come from time to time, if they do not mind primitive as opposed to resort accomodations. I confess, my significant other prefers the primitive, and I like it too, but don't dislike more oppulant surroundings from time to time! I love to hike and camp, but it is difficult for us to do now because our land is so wild, brushy, and filled with blackberries and greenbriers. OUCH.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  4:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to do quite a bit of back country nude hiking and back packing however now I prefer to take my RV out to the local nudist resort where I still do a fair bit of nude hiking. The best locations for nude hiking I found were always to and from hotsprings that were traditionally clothing optional. You just need to know the area first and get a feel for how the local users regard nudity. I never had a negative experience at a hotsprings, very melow crowd of course this was northern CA, OR and WA state.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

rabbitnbunny
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2012 :  11:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit rabbitnbunny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've been hoping to find a secluded lake in the Sierras to get into, and pitch camp.

Wonder when the thread says WILDERNESS, people have to go on about camping at resorts.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: North Carolina Topic Next Topic: Ocala National Forest  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.35 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved