Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 184 ]  [ Total: 184 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Answering door nude.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble
Page: of 18

bobms44

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  4:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Send bobms44 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i have thought many times of answering the door nude but as of yet have not. have been considering putting up saying that upon knocking you may encounter nudist.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  09:28:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a smart move unless you own a property that can not be seen from the public street or other public areas.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

sharee
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  1:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting subject. We live on a very private, heavily treed property. At the end of the driveway we have a sign that states, " PRIVATE PROPERTY. NO TRESSPASSING TO ENTER CALL, and a phone number." I have not answered the door in the nude, but my husband does. We only know of one complaint to the police. When the cop came out to talk to us, he told us they could not charge my husband with anything, as the person had entered the property illegally, no permission. He told us the only people who can come on your property with out your say so are, power companies, gas companies, or anyone who has a right of way on your property. He also told us the police can't just wander on your property without some good reason. Like my husband says "if your a nudist, your a nudist. I don't tell other people how to live their lifes, don't tell me how to live mine."

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  3:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sharee

Interesting subject. We live on a very private, heavily treed property. At the end of the driveway we have a sign that states, " PRIVATE PROPERTY. NO TRESSPASSING TO ENTER CALL, and a phone number." I have not answered the door in the nude, but my husband does. We only know of one complaint to the police. When the cop came out to talk to us, he told us they could not charge my husband with anything, as the person had entered the property illegally, no permission. He told us the only people who can come on your property with out your say so are, power companies, gas companies, or anyone who has a right of way on your property. He also told us the police can't just wander on your property without some good reason. Like my husband says "if your a nudist, your a nudist. I don't tell other people how to live their lifes, don't tell me how to live mine."

It depends on where you live. If you can be seen nude from the public right of way, you can be cited in many locales.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

buffetfan
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  4:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sharee

It sounds like you have your own private nudist resort. Good for you. Most of us are jealous. With your property secluded and signs posted you are just as good as a club. In your case the law is on your side. The rest of us would face arrest if we were to do our gardening or wash our car out front in sight of the street. I know my next house will have a pool, spa, deck and a TALL fence so we can at least be nude around the pool and spa and not worry about neighbors.

Grunt
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  7:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, you've just given me an idea. Answering the door naked to those idiots who come round trying to sell their religion would soon get rid of them.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  9:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grunt

Hey, you've just given me an idea. Answering the door naked to those idiots who come round trying to sell their religion would soon get rid of them.

That might land you in jail.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  03:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JustJim

I think any normal, reasonable person would readily understand that if you live anywhere but at a nudist facility you simply can't randomly open your door nude without expecting major problems from the law enforcement agencies.
This idea that you're on your own property and therefore your "rights" to do what you want are totally your decision is ridiculous. You can't murder anyone on your personal property, you can't physically abuse your wife or kids on your personal property, and it follows that you can't open the door to a group of Girl Scouts selling cookies while you're in the nude because you are a "nudist".
I enjoy this forum in most cases but sometimes the thought processes of some who claim to be nudists makes you shake your head in disbelief. I'm well aware that for me to practice nudity I have to do it WITHIN the confines of my home with reasonable care not to "flash" unsuspecting and unwilling neighbors/visitors...or I have to drive to the nudist facility I belong to so I can be nude with like-minded people who expect nudity.

JustJim

Jim,

What if the person or family had a privacy fence around their front as well as backyard, and had a sign "posted" that said "Beyond this point one is likely to encounter nude people." Or something similar to that?

That way anyone going up to the house in question would KNOW what expect, and they wouldn't be able to claim anything to the countray.

Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  03:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grunt

Grunt,

I know of whom you speak. When I was still living in Fl, before moving back to NY to help care for my Grandmother. I had them coming around all of the time.

I didn't answer the door nude (no matter how much I wanted to) I did however keep a towel handy to wrap around myself in case someone did knock on the door. I've a friend who is also a nudist, and when she'd call over I'd ask if it was her, if it was I'd tell her to just come on in.

Anyway, the "pests" came around again, I'd gotten tired of "talking" to 'em through the door.

So, I grabed my towel and wrapped it around myself(I mean aren't reminded to keep our towel with us at all time at the resrots). I answered the door. And not wanting to "offend" my neighbers IF anything should happen with the towel. I don't think that I need tell anyone here that towels tend to have a "mind of their own."

I asked them in, to my surprise they stepped in, and I closed the door (see above). I have to admit that I was more then a little surprised that they so readily accepted an invitation from a man (it was two "elderly" ladies) who was obviously not "well" dressed for "guests."

We were standing pretty much just inside of the door talking for several minutes, when what I didn't want to have happen in case my neighbor's migth see and be offended, happened.

The bloody towel came loose and fell to the floor before I could grab it. The elder of the two (and I think the spokesperson) just kind of cleared her throat. I picked it and out of "politness" re-wrapped it around my waist. And we talked for several more minutes.

When it did it a second time, this time the elder lady just kind of ran her eyes down my body to the towel on the floor, but didn't say anything.

I'm not sure which was more "surprising" their willingness as I said before to actually step inside the home of a man who was not "dressed." Or that there was now a man was nude in front of 'em (for a second time) and it didn't register any effect on him that he was nude in front of a woman (two) that wasn't his wife. . .

Anyway, they never did come back around. And before anyone asks, no they never called the cops, as none ever showed up.

I guess they realized that IF they had called the cops, that they would have had to explain that they DID willingly go into the home of a man who was obviously not dressed. . .

And I guess that that is what probably "protected" me in that situation. The only other thing that I've gotta say is that I would have LOVED to have been a fly in their car as they drove away to hear what they had to say.

Herman

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  1:11:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sharee, I would append to your issue of privacy and permission the well-established point of law that says if you lay a trap for a trespasser and said trespasser is injured, you are liable.
Now the visitor who arrived without permission probably was not too damaged by seeing your husband's nakedness. But if the occurrence had, say, caused them to suffer a heart attack, your insurance company (unless the "flashing" was deemed an intentional tort) might request that your spouse reconsider his cavalier ways.

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  1:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Digital Cowboy: You propose some interesting hypothetical situations. Keep in mind that the rule of reason generally controls when the law (a judge) has to decide such matters.
For example, you cannot post a sign on your door that says, "Anyone entering here who is injured by the homeowner's negligence assumes full responsibility," or words to that effect, and expect to skate when you hurt someone visiting.

When you asked the two ladies you spoke of to come in, they were legally at least an "invitee" in your home. If they had filed a report with the authorities, you might have had a difficult time convincing a judge that twice, not just once, your towel fell by accident. Such "accidents" can lead to one being listed as a "sexual offender". Think that's worth it?

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  4:11:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GeeWilly

Digital Cowboy: You propose some interesting hypothetical situations. Keep in mind that the rule of reason generally controls when the law (a judge) has to decide such matters.
For example, you cannot post a sign on your door that says, "Anyone entering here who is injured by the homeowner's negligence assumes full responsibility," or words to that effect, and expect to skate when you hurt someone visiting.

When you asked the two ladies you spoke of to come in, they were legally at least an "invitee" in your home. If they had filed a report with the authorities, you might have had a difficult time convincing a judge that twice, not just once, your towel fell by accident. Such "accidents" can lead to one being listed as a "sexual offender". Think that's worth it?

Willy,

You make a good point, but I think that one could also point out that given that when I opened the door and that the ladies saw that all I had on was a towel. That they had the option NOT to come in, and instead excuse themselves and leave.

By coming into my home, one could “argue” that they did so knowing full well how I was dressed, and that said towel might not necessarily stay in place. And in case anyone was thinking that when I re-wrapped the towel after it fell the first time, so that it would be loose enough to come undone and fall a second time, nothing could be further from the truth. I wrapped it what I thought was tight enough that it shouldn’t have come unwrapped a second time.

I think that the ONLY place where towels stay put as it were is in Hollywood where they use double sided tap to HOLD ‘em in place.

Herman

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  4:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, Cowboy, but chances are, legally, it's not what they did but what you did that is relevant. There's no "assumption of the risk" in this case. And the reason for that is that when one is only wearing a towel, one is reasonably expected to take extra precaution not to lose it.
It's not like going to a baseball game and being aware that you might be hit by a foul ball.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2006 :  3:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GeeWilly

Sorry, Cowboy, but chances are, legally, it's not what they did but what you did that is relevant. There's no "assumption of the risk" in this case. And the reason for that is that when one is only wearing a towel, one is reasonably expected to take extra precaution not to lose it.
It's not like going to a baseball game and being aware that you might be hit by a foul ball.

Willy,

You do make some valid points. But one also cannot deny that they also had the option/right NOT to accept.

Herman

NudeLori
Forum Member

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  07:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sueallday

I'm wondering if other people have ask themselves this question. If your home in the nude and someone comes to your door have you thought about or have you just answered the door in the nude? I'm thinking if you live in a private home, people coming to your door are on your property and if you answer the door in the nude they invaded your private property. I don't believe this would hold true for those who live in apartments. Just wondering!

Good question. I live in an apt, my roomate's b/f came over and buzzed to get in the front door. 15 seconds later a knock is on the door, and my bare naked roomate opens the door - only to see our next door neighbor! That was pretty embarassing for both of them - but our neighbor always gives us a pleasant hello ever since

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.37 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved