Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 178 ]  [ Total: 178 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 To Bring a Camera Or Not?
 How to deal with camera phones on nude beaches ?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Photography Abuse on Nude Beaches Topic Next Topic: How to take a photo of yourself on the nude beach?
Page: of 7

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  12:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Digital_Cowboy
ST, please reference the passage in the Constitution that grants privacy as a "right." As there is no passage in the Constitution that grants such a "right."
The Right to Privacy is found in four places in the U.S.Constitution (there is more than one Constitution to consider), both as a prerequisite and as a necessary for other rights to exist and is explicit in many State Constitutions as well as Common Law. This has been the basis or partial basis for a large number of decisions. See http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/index.php/Privacy. When something has been upheld explicitly as a "right" by the U.S. Supreme Court, we generally consider it a right in the USA. There are an incredible number of rights that are not in the Constitution but that have a firm legal basis.
quote:
Surely you're aware that statistics show that a child is far more likely to be abducted, molested, or abused by either a friend or member of the family then they are by strangers.
Not my kids. My kids are not your statistic and it's my job to see that they do not become anyone else's statistic.
quote:
Which also goes back to my statement about peoples willingness to assume that others are up to "no good" rather then giving them the benefit of the doubt.
We're talking about my family here. It's my job to protect them. You don't get the benefit of the doubt. You earn it by eliminating all doubt. No one should takes chances with their family. No one should play the odds with their children's lives.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  02:51:53 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Consider this:
I live very near the Mall of America. The biggest mall in the country. I go there to do my walking indoors for exercise. Is photographing there an infringement on the rights of anyone? People go there as a tourist destination. It’s so famous that NWA has tours that come from Japan just to visit the mall. 98,000 people can fit in there at a time. Hundreds of people are walking around with cameras taking pictures of the rides in the center park, the stores and people in front of God and everybody. Are we to assume that they are perverts taking pictures of pretty girls and kids on rides? Are the people who happen to be in the pictures having their “rights” infringed upon by being photographed? Or does this “infringement” only apply if they are nude. Perhaps these photographers should be prosecuted or sued. Of course that’s ridiculous, but no more so than on the beach or anywhere else. When at the mall or the beach we are in a public place. People can and do photograph us. If they can't do it at a public beach of ANY kind, they couldn't do it ANYWHERE that is public.

Unless there is proof that the photographer is harassing someone, there is no basis for prosecuting them for anything. You don’t get to just say, “I’m a private person so you can’t take a picture of me.”

As I and others have said, The best cell phones are crap. As later said: …“if you must worry, think about the person with a 35mm, mirror lens and tripod, 1000 feet away clicking away.” These are the people looking for and getting quality shots.

Your family and mine are not in need of protection from the evil photographers. If we were so worried that we and our loved ones were going to be sexually assaulted by a cell phone, we wouldn’t be nude on the beach or be anywhere else but locked in our homes. I think one would have a hard time arguing that we are protecting ourselves and our kids when we take them to a public place to be nude. Anyone who needs to be protected from cameras needs to not expose parts of himself he doesn’t want seen.
Now is a good time to remind everybody that I don't advocate going to a nude beach to take pictures of people who don't want to be shot. It's just plain rude. I’m kind of being the Devil’s advocate here.

You don’t know if someone wants to take pictures of people or the sea gulls. You don’t have the right to judge, condemn or punish anyone who is not causing you bodily harm.

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  03:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still throwing their phone into the water if they're taking pictures of my wife or (future) kids.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  09:48:08 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good reasoning.

later
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  7:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck with that. In this day and age, wrong person, wrong time, world of hurt. If your going nude in an area where the public can see you , I'll repeat, someone has or is going to photograph you. If you don't want that to happen don't go to C/O beaches, cause it's going to happen like it or not.
quote:
Originally posted by CMx2

I'm still throwing their phone into the water if they're taking pictures of my wife or (future) kids.

Edited by - later on 03/23/2007 7:35:24 PM

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  7:59:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by later

Good luck with that. In this day and age, wrong person, wrong time, world of hurt. If your going nude in an area where the public can see you , I'll repeat, someone has or is going to photograph you. If you don't want that to happen don't go to C/O beaches, cause it's going to happen like it or not.

Good point. This is one of the reasons my wife and I have not been to a nude beach in the U.S.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  9:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Of course. Only in Amerika is perverts with camera.

bk-yd-nude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  9:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This seems to be a very controversial subject. I, for one will warn before taking photos with other people in close proximity. If I wish to take my picture or some of my family, we will position ourselves in such a way so as to make it clear that we are attempting to avoid capturing others. In fact, in the past I have advised others that we intended to capture a certain background and they may be in the picture, they can then leave or not... up to them. Most do move so as not to contaminate our family photo, but a few have indicated they didn't care. In one such case I asked them if they would move for our benefit. If I see others photographing us, we just turn our backs ... let them have all the shots they want of our behinds :)

bk-yd-nude

bk-yd-nude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  9:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Randy, I'm glad to see that you are feeling better

bk-yd-nude

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  10:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That my friend is the sensible, logical and courteous approach. I thought no one would ever say it.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  10:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I am feeling a little better. Not 100% yet - six heart attacks starts to slow you down.
Sorry everybody, I know I've been argumentative about this. But this whole topic is so rediculous. Facts have to be faced. Reality is what it is and people have to learn how to deal with it within the law or avoid the situation. I've said about all I want to say on the subject. I'm un-subscribing from it. See you all in other threads.

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  02:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your point is well taken, Randy, but my point is that within the law there is a great deal that can be done. We have choices other than to give up on our beaches or find our kids personally identified on the Internet as targets, particularly if we work together with each other and the authorities.

There is no need to prevent pictures of the scenery or incidental capture of somebody, nude or clothed. Photographers have rights and should have. Most of us are photographers too. Potential subjects also have rights. We have a right to privacy unless we are public figures, and we have a right to be left alone.

We can press harassment charges against individuals who disturb our peace and invade our space, whether we are clothed or naked, photographer or subject. It's a question of balance and appropriateness. I don't want to give up on any of our rights. I want us to find that appropriate balance.

gregjhk

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  12:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Click to see gregjhk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'm new so forgive my comments on this topic, but i thought common sense would be the obvious point.

Camera phones are no different to normal cameras from the point of view of taking pics, if its in public, you cant do anything about it, unless its been specifically banned by law, whether its local or state or federal law, and remember if someone is constantly taking your photo, you ask them to stop if you dont want your photo taken, if they keep going they risk getting in trouble for stalking or harrassment, whether you clothed or not is not the issue, harrasment/stalking is, see the difference?

Two important moral points need mentioning.

1. Don't let political correctness ruin our freedoms.

2. Always ask if you wish to take a photo near someone its just pure courtesy, whether in public or private, (we set examples for our kids to follow)

remember how you treat others, because its how they may treat you, if you dont do whats right

Jim in Boston
Forum Member

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  9:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alexmol

With the massification of cell camera phones naturists have been confronted with people using them to take unwanted pictures on nude beaches.

It's making naturists avoid public lands and beaches and becoming more difficult to get new people into this lifestyle.

What can we do ?

Suggestions on how to deal with camera phones on nude beaches would be helpful.

Alexandre in Portugal

Do what we do on Orient Beach, which is to make it clear to the photographer that the camera must go back into its bag, or it is going for a swim. I understand the objection that this might be contrary to local law relating to theft or vandalism. But, in view of the number of nudists on the beach in relation to the number of photographers, we have never been called on it. The camera always goes back in the bag right away.

jameslkirtleyjr

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  3:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jim in Boston
Do what we do on Orient Beach, which is to make it clear to the photographer that the camera must go back into its bag, or it is going for a swim. I understand the objection that this might be contrary to local law relating to theft or vandalism. But, in view of the number of nudists on the beach in relation to the number of photographers, we have never been called on it. The camera always goes back in the bag right away.

jameslkirtleyjr

James,

You’re right in that your actions in all likelihood do run afoul both local and state laws. And will eventually result in an arrest and/or a lawsuit for the destruction of private property. And I’m sorry but even IF the number of nudists out number the number of photographers that still doesn’t make it "right." Not to mention how would you feel IF the person that you’ve strong-armed, and scared into putting their camera back in it’s bag. Was just trying to take pictures of:

A) their friends and family
B) the landscape
C) birds and clouds

And it is YOUR actions and not those of people who are minding their own business and trying to take pictures of their loved ones, OR the person with an occasional erection that’ll get nude beaches and the related places closed. Because the authorities will look at YOUR actions and say something to the effect of "look at those ’crazy nudists’ they can’t behave themselves if someone does something that they don’t like." And as a result they’ll feel justified in closing the beach, pool, or what have you to nude/clothing optional activities. As well as again using said actions for justifying the passing of more-and-more anti-nudity laws as well as making ’em more-and-more strict and stringent.

So by threatening someone for trying to take some innocent pictures of their vacation in the name of "protecting" social nudism you are in fact actually doing the exact opposite and are engaged in activities that are quite harmful to social nudism.

Herman

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Photography Abuse on Nude Beaches Topic Next Topic: How to take a photo of yourself on the nude beach?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.08 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved