Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 183 ]  [ Total: 183 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 nude at home
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - October 2005 Topic Next Topic: Recent hurricane damages to resorts?
Page: of 2

rednude53

Posted - 09/28/2005 :  9:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find it easy to do. I built my own little nude hide away in my yard. The woman in our area are so ready to try nude sunbathing, but their husbands say no. What do you all think?

Edited by - Moderator on 09/29/2005 10:20:27 AM

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2005 :  12:45:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe the husband's should come over and sunbath nude too.

Dare to be Bare

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2005 :  10:47:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being nude at home (if alone) seems to be a variation on the "if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?" theme.

Can it really be termed a nude lifestyle without the addition of others? Am I a naturist because I take a shower sans clothes? Being with others (you know well) seems a desirable ingredient in the activities of a practicing nudist. And it's a lot less lonely.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  10:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sharing a nudist lifestyle with someone else is definately more desirable. Loved ones, family, friends and acquaintances fill those naturist voids but for me, they are not a prerequisite to being a nudist.

You can be a nudist without those other people.

Edited by - FireProf on 10/04/2005 10:19:16 AM

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  12:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But can you truly be a nudist alone?

It seems no more correct than saying (if I were the only person on the face of the earth), I am the greatest nuclear physicist on the planet.

We are gregarious animals. We need to share with others like us to define our experience. Do we not?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  2:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess it depends on the definition of nudist you are using. Using the definition in the dictionary;

nudism/nudist; the practice of going nude esp. in sexually mixed groups and during periods of time spent at specially secluded places;

then you are correct. But I think you'd find others that would disagree that just because they are alone at home, on a hike, swimming in a lake, pond, the ocean, and they prefer not wearing clothes as much as possible, that they really aren't nudists.

Edited by - FireProf on 10/05/2005 2:25:54 PM

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  10:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GeeWilly

But can you truly be a nudist alone?
<snip>
We are gregarious animals. We need to share with others like us to define our experience. Do we not?

Of course we can be nudists alone. That is one of the things that separate us from exhibitionists. A nudist doesn't need to be with other nudists to enjoy living nude. OTOH, you are correct, nudists tend to be outgoing and friendly so they desire the company of other like-minded folks.

I go nude at home 100% of the time but usually only the wife sees me, does that make me a nudist? Yup.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  10:49:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, ok. The unrestrained freedom of nudity is truly experienced whether in a group or by oneself. Would you agree that the reason the sense of freedom is so strong is that we have been "trained" since childhood to deny ourselves that pleasure? Taught to wear clothes and hide?

The exhibitionist does need others to share their valued self with. But then, if they valued their "self" so much, wouldn't they just sit around the house looking at themself? They could be the best candidate for a nude at home forum. Sorry, my recollection is that the true exhibitionist suffers from real insecurities and needs help more than sarcasm.

ossy

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  2:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love being nude as I am right now ,& for the world to see too,my rear patio window is easy to see through,& I probably spend 90% of my time at home in the buff,I've had neighbors lookin at me they're ok with it( I think ), I've conversed w/ them about it they know me & what I'm all about...

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  7:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ossy

I love being nude as I am right now ,& for the world to see too,my rear patio window is easy to see through,& I probably spend 90% of my time at home in the buff,I've had neighbors lookin at me they're ok with it( I think ), I've conversed w/ them about it they know me & what I'm all about...

Just be careful that you can't been seen from the street as it may be illegal.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  12:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GeeWilly

Would you agree that the reason the sense of freedom is so strong is that we have been "trained" since childhood to deny ourselves that pleasure? Taught to wear clothes and hide?

Yup.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  08:19:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here in New England the leaves are starting to fall and there is a chill in the air. But the last week has been the exception. It has been in the high 70's and low 80's. Today, it is dark and dank with rain, but the temps are in the mid 70's, and with the forcast for the coming week of 60's and 50's, my wife and I and a few nudist friends are going to spend the day relaxing "nude" and enjoying the spa. Also, there are some good football games on the TV, we will enjoy being nude at home with some great friends.

If you are in the neighborhood, drop by! The more the merrier!!!

Cookie

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2005 :  10:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here in Italy we are experiencing a chilly Fall, but since this building has central heating and the heat is supplied from many miles away, through an incredible underground system of pipes, the temperature in here right now is 82° while outside it's 61°! I hear no complaints from this naked guy (BTW, I'm always naked at home, any time of year)

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  11:00:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some want to socialize with others while nude but are unable to do so for various reasons. First reason could be money. Some nudist resorts daily entrance fee could be so high as to mean giving up some necessities like medicine or skipping some medical bills just to spend a day there. Some don't live near an area of a free public nude beach or lake. The cost of a trip alone including hotels or campgrounds makes it too expensive for those on a tight budget. Then there's the social factor. How do you approach someone to come over to your home to doff the duds? Some may think you're a freakish swinger and may never speak to you again. Some enjoy going nude but have a fear of large gatherings of people. I'd love to go hiking in the nude but the nearest place for any somewhat decent hiking is a state park that doubles as a campground where children ride their bikes on trails. There are many who shudder at the thought of walking around the house nude or even with a wrap all day long. But for those of us that do enjoy this, couldn't we consider ourselves nudist for we enjoy being free of clothing? Trust me, if I could afford it I'd be at a nudist resort/camprgound every chance I could get and if one was located nearby I'd probably live there depending on how it's run. I can now socialize with my fiance nude since she's become accustomed to me being nude and her being nude around me. Is that enough to count as socializing?

We the willing who are led by the unknown must do the impossible for the ungrateful.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  2:43:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailordave

Some want to socialize with others while nude but are unable to do so for various reasons. First reason could be money. Some nudist resorts daily entrance fee could be so high as to mean giving up some necessities like medicine or skipping some medical bills just to spend a day there. Some don't live near an area of a free public nude beach or lake. The cost of a trip alone including hotels or campgrounds makes it too expensive for those on a tight budget. Then there's the social factor. How do you approach someone to come over to your home to doff the duds? Some may think you're a freakish swinger and may never speak to you again. Some enjoy going nude but have a fear of large gatherings of people. I'd love to go hiking in the nude but the nearest place for any somewhat decent hiking is a state park that doubles as a campground where children ride their bikes on trails. There are many who shudder at the thought of walking around the house nude or even with a wrap all day long. But for those of us that do enjoy this, couldn't we consider ourselves nudist for we enjoy being free of clothing? Trust me, if I could afford it I'd be at a nudist resort/camprgound every chance I could get and if one was located nearby I'd probably live there depending on how it's run. I can now socialize with my fiance nude since she's become accustomed to me being nude and her being nude around me. Is that enough to count as socializing?

We the willing who are led by the unknown must do the impossible for the ungrateful.

Dave, It's a great start. You might one day try GymnoVita not too far from Birmingham, AL. Your lady will be able to remain clothed, and you will be able to be nude.
Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  12:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is still a lingering doubt as to whether you can truly be a nudist if you are alone.
As one contributor to these forums repeated, "If God meant for us to be nude, we'd have been born that way." i.e., Nudity could be our natural state. So wouldn't we have to do something more to be "nudists"?

SailorDave seems to imply a need for socializing which clearly eliminates the possibility of a single nudist. Being home, alone, and nude can only be practicing?
Sure, you do not need others to feel the breeze on your body; but you need someone else (in a non-romantic context) to be a naturist. Right?

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - October 2005 Topic Next Topic: Recent hurricane damages to resorts?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved