Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 199 ]  [ Total: 199 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 The first United States Nudist Colony
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nice Picture Cheri Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - September 2005  

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  9:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought some might be interested in this:

http://www.beaufortgazette.com/features/neighbors/story/4155048p-3919488c.html

Might be interesting to note that until the late 1800's public nudity wasn't too terribly uncommon. People often swam nude in lakes and rivers. John Adams, likely the highest moraled of our first presidents, often swam nude (coed) with his family and friends.

The story about our first actual nudist colony is very interesting. It was in fact a colony, almost a nudist/naturist utopia. People raised vegetables and fished; they ate off the land. With the help of Bill Pennington & Camilla VanSyckle, I did some research for a Turner South broadcast a few years ago for which I became the narrator of the story.

As was stated in the article, it wasn't the law that scattered the nudists, it was the mosquitos.
I have a video of that presentation if anyone is in the area and interested in viewing it. Bill & Camilla also have a copy.

Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  5:31:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I believe the first nudist park in the U.S. was Zoro Nature Park in Roselawn, IN. It was also the largest with its own airstrip. It was certainly around prior to 1932.

It is still in operation today under the name Sun Aura.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  7:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Veal, You might want to alert the writer of the story.

Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

jolietgeorge

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  9:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently attended SunAura/Naked City, in Roselawn, In. Near the entrance there is a monument, something was on top but is now gone, possibly a statue. There is a bronze inscription on the monument that reads:

"In Loving Memory of
Lorena Jensen Knapp
Founder of Zoro Nature Park
Her Footsteps Hallowed This Ground
And Here She Cast Off Her Last Garment
Gratefully Dedicated by Alois Knapp
Members of Zoro Nature Park
And Their Children
And Members of
Central Sunbathing Association 1953"

I wonder if anyone knows any more about these people or if someone has a picture of this monument with the upper part intact.
I will watch for replies as one of the present members has recently freshened the area around the monument. Any help appreciated. Thank You
joliet_george@yahoo.com

Edited by - jolietgeorge on 11/01/2005 09:07:19 AM

Previous Topic: Nice Picture Cheri Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - September 2005  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved