Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 148 ]  [ Total: 148 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

rhody11
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  10:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been going to the Hook for a few years now and it's a fantastic place to relax, have some fun, and meet some great people. I can't get there often enough My girlfriend and I will be heading down this weekend. Hoping for another great weekend!

Rhody11

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  9:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are planning another trip this weekend. Still not sure about bringing the kids. We don't want them to feel out of place. But if we don't bring them, we won't be able to go(no babysitter) We have seen a few kids at the beach. I'm just not sold on the idea.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2010 :  12:26:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

We are planning another trip this weekend. Still not sure about bringing the kids. We don't want them to feel out of place. But if we don't bring them, we won't be able to go(no babysitter) We have seen a few kids at the beach. I'm just not sold on the idea.

Not a problem.There are usually children there,at least on weekends,and I haven't noticed any pedophiles around,ever.The gawkers seem to be all about the women.The kids just run around and have fun,and no one bothers them.

(Surprising,but true.)

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/30/2010 :  10:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Footballdude9

Typically when i go to gunnison i look for the younger crowd (late teen early twenty). Im 19 and am just trying to find some people my age to chill with b/c my friends at home dont want to go to the nude beach. Do you guys think the older like, married couples or just older beach goers would be willing to just talk about whatever?

My wife and I are young (obviously married though), but we have no qualms about talking to people, and don't find it off-putting when people talk to us. I'm really surprised how chatty people are at this beach. Outside of the freedom, it's one of the reasons we keep going back. I guess it's always a little awkward striking up conversation, especially when you're a single guy on a nude beach, but if you happen to see two nude 20-somethings laying out under a striped umbrella or swimming, don't be shy.

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/30/2010 :  11:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On a totally different note, the waves this past weekend were amazing. Too bad it takes a hurricane to do that, and really too bad next weekend the weather DEFINITELY won't permit beach going. Did anyone else get to enjoy the water?
Also, what's with the new sandbar and river? Guess the tide brought it in. It was nice having a portion of beach not blocked off as a bird sanctuary. We could actually take a decent walk this time. This was probably the best Gunnison Beach weekend all summer.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  01:49:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The weather might be fine,but Earl will probably kick up a nasty storm-surge that will preclude swimming.

My question for the veterans:Will people still be allowed to sun themselves there,even if swimming is prohibited?

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  07:07:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gunnison is open 365 days a year

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

rhody11
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  5:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully Earl doesn't ruin the weekend. My girlfriend and I are looking forward to spending the entire weekend at the Hook, meeting some great new people and having a blast.

Rhody11

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  8:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like Earl will be gone by Saturday. Once it makes it's turn north, it will be speed up. You can check out the projected path and time frame on the NOAA site. Preliminary forecast has the eye about 200 miles off the coast of Jersey on Friday. The wife and I will be down tomorrow, hope the waves are there also.

GunnisonSurfer

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  9:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NJortheHwy

On a totally different note, the waves this past weekend were amazing. Too bad it takes a hurricane to do that, and really too bad next weekend the weather DEFINITELY won't permit beach going. Did anyone else get to enjoy the water?
Also, what's with the new sandbar and river? Guess the tide brought it in. It was nice having a portion of beach not blocked off as a bird sanctuary. We could actually take a decent walk this time. This was probably the best Gunnison Beach weekend all summer.

Sandy hook will not be open for swimming on Friday. but will be open this weekend.

The gunnison sandbar will be very different after Friday.

On Sat. the waves will be similar to how they were on last Sunday. But with a strong west wind... meaning nice hallow tubes.

Sunday and Monday waves will be smaller.

I live for this stuff. I was down at gunny on Sunday with my fins and handplane bodysurfing. fun as heck!

GunnisonSurfer

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  9:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by njyankee60

It looks like Earl will be gone by Saturday. Once it makes it's turn north, it will be speed up. You can check out the projected path and time frame on the NOAA site. Preliminary forecast has the eye about 200 miles off the coast of Jersey on Friday. The wife and I will be down tomorrow, hope the waves are there also.

Looking at the buoys offshore the waves are as big as they were Sunday right now.

And only going to get bigger. Swimming may be allowed early tomorrow (50%-50% in my book). If they do open for swimming I bet they shut down swimming by the afternoon.

Waves will be awesome in the morning.... AWESOME.

in the afternoon a south wind will be on the waves and it will be choppy and BIGGER.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  02:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Actually,the waves were pretty routine all day long.Not too bad,but nothing scary/fun...They were much better a week or so ago.Seems Earl isn't producing the surge that was expected,even in NC as of today.

The coming weekend will probably be sunny.But if the temps are in the 70's and the winds are 20 MPH or so(as predicted),it's gonna feel mighty chilly out there.Pack your windscreen.

terminator

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  05:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm heading there Tuesday or Wed of next week. How is it after Labor Day??

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  08:18:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by terminator

I'm heading there Tuesday or Wed of next week. How is it after Labor Day??

Less crowded with mostly very brown naked people. The water is warm. No lifeguards but, you can bring your dog (might be Sept 15, for the dogs).

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

terminator

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  6:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx i need a day with brown naked people. Just some r and r time

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved