Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 486 ]  [ Total: 486 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  10:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone planning to go to Gunnison Beach should be prepared for biting flies. My girlfriend and I went there for three days during the July 4th weekend and the bugs were worse than I can remember in 10 years of going to that beach. The wind changed one afternoon and brought a nice breeze off the ocean, blowing the flies back into the woods and making the afternoon a pleasant one. The rest of the time, a strong wind brought vicious flies from the woods and we left with plenty of welts. They're not big, but they start to bite as soon as they land. Males beware: they love to get you where it hurts the most!

We brought along repellent with an extra-strong concentration of DEET and it made no difference. Applying heavy sunscreen worked for maybe a few minutes. The flies even followed us out to the ocean and surrounded our heads above the water. A number of people had tents with mosquito netting which I plan to buy for our next trip.

Pay attention to the signs in front of the bird nesting area at the south end of the beach (to the right as you face the ocean). You may not set up and sunbathe there, although walking is permitted. Rangers made frequent visits in their SUV's to enforce the rule.

Edited by - nudeguy on 07/08/2006 10:43:20 AM

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  3:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best thing to repel the flies is Skin So Soft - works like a charm.

ocjimmy8

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  12:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to Gunnison on Saturday the 15th in the morning (7-8ish)& I've been away for a while. Does anyone know if it will be open ? If so I'd like to possibly meet some new people. It gets boring being solo & I'd feel safer about my stuff. Call me paranoid, since I'm pretty sure no one grab my keys or other stuff but why take the chance.
Thanks,
Jim

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  11:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ocjimmy8

I'm going to Gunnison on Saturday the 15th in the morning (7-8ish)& I've been away for a while. Does anyone know if it will be open ? If so I'd like to possibly meet some new people. It gets boring being solo & I'd feel safer about my stuff. Call me paranoid, since I'm pretty sure no one grab my keys or other stuff but why take the chance.
Thanks,
Jim

Sure Jim, they are open every day. Getting there early in the morning, as you plan to do, will ensure that you get a parking spot in the nearby lot. When nice weather is forecast for a Saturday or Sunday, the lot fills up quickly. On one occasion, I saw it nearly full at 8:15 AM.

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  11:07:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nurserobin

Thanks nurserobin. Back when I was a horse owner, I sometimes used Skin So Soft on the horses to keep flies away. At the beach last weekend, I thought of this and wondered why I didn't come better prepared. We will have a bottle of it with us next time.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  12:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if anyone knows where to purchase a season pass for Sandy Hook. I'm going this weekend, and want to get one. I'll be spending a week later this month there, and know it is cheaper for the pass than to pay $10.00 each day. Any help would be appreciated.

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  2:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

Just wondering if anyone knows where to purchase a season pass for Sandy Hook. I'm going this weekend, and want to get one. I'll be spending a week later this month there, and know it is cheaper for the pass than to pay $10.00 each day. Any help would be appreciated.

You can buy a season pass at the booths you pass through when you get onto Sandy Hook - the far left booth is for season pass holders to pass through and the others are where you can buy either season or day passes. Your best bet on these nice summer weekends is to get there before 9 a.m. for optimal parking. Enjoy! We'll probably be there this weekend as well..

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  6:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

Season passes are $50.00. That's a good deal if you plan to visit Sandy Hook more than 5 times during the summer. As nurserobin said, they are available at the same booths where day passes are sold.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  6:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks nurserobin and nudeguy. I usually only go a few days out of the summer, but thought I would take a week this year. I just wanted to make sure the booths was where they were available. I agree, you can't beat the price if you go more than 5 times. I can never get there enough. lol Hope the weekend is a good one.

parscore79

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  08:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nurserobin

I am planning a drive in to the Jersey Shore this Saturday. This will be my first time at Sandy Hook,

Thanks for the warning about the flies and the advise about Skin So Soft.
My wife and I spent a day at Harlan Beach in Toronto Bay last year and the flies made her first CO experience horrible. I will buy a bottle of SSS before I leave WNY tonight. I hope to get to the beach early and sleep off the over night drive.

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 07/16/2006 10:46:47 PM

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  6:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If we are all lucky, and I know I seldom am, the wind will be coming off the ocean and the flies won't be a problem. I'm heading down on Sunday, and will also get Skin So Soft, just to be safe. No need to let something like flies ruin a enjoyable time at Gunnison. Hope your day there is enjoyable, parscore, and anyone else heading over.

nudein NewJersey

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  11:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit nudein NewJersey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads-up on those flies!
My wife and I plan on visiting Gunnison in a few days, so we'll make sure we have plenty of Skin-so-Soft with us.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  2:49:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skin so Soft doesn't work for everyone. I use Deep Woods Off. It's my favorite summertime fragrance.
:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  4:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The flies weren't too bad on Sunday, the wind shifted from the north to the east, helping to cool it off a slight bit. I used Deep Woods Off also, as I couldn't find any Skin So Soft. I am wondering if if depends on the person that makes things work or not work when it comes to that. Anyway, the flies were minor compared to the sand. When it gets real hot, the sand is unbearable. I actually left earlier than planned, it was even tough to stand right by my towel for a minute. If there is one thing about Gunnison, it is the quality of the sand. Not the best, but who goes there for the sand? lol Good crowd there, also. By 10, the beach was mobbed, and they actually shut the whole park later on in the day. Traffic was backed up for miles on Rpute 36. Always remember to get there early, even week days. Why ever take a chance on not getting in. Well, one nude mans story for the weekend.

nudein NewJersey

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  06:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit nudein NewJersey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Skin so Soft doesn't work for everyone. I use Deep Woods Off. It's my favorite summertime fragrance.
:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Will definitely look into that, Cheri!
Thanks!

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.45 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved