Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 234 ]  [ Total: 234 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  11:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jerseysomething

Some time back I offered detailed directions for an alternate route to Sandy Hook. I figured, now that the high season is upon us, it is a good time to post them. (Fishman81, you specifically requested them on Page 42 of this topic).

This route is a good alternative to Route 36 for those coming from the south and, while perhaps a bit longer than Route 35 coming from the north, it could be less congested.

Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit 109.

Take Route 520 East (Newman Springs Road) about 2 miles to Broad Street (Rt. 35) - Turn Right.

(This is a dead End, Dunkin Donuts on the corner. There is actually oncoming traffic from a jug handle which is return traffic on Rt 520 West). Also note, the sign will say Route 520 East to the left, but I don't go that way which I think is longer).

Go to first light (approx. 100 yards), turn left onto White Road (Mr. Good Lube on corner).

Go approx. 1 mile to Branch Avenue (dead end) - turn left.

Go Approx. 50 yards and turn right onto Rumson Road.

Take Rumson Road approx. 4.5 miles, cross over bridge to Ocean Avenue (dead end). Check out the houses along the way!

Turn left onto Ocean Avenue and go approx. 2 miles to Sandy Hook entrance.

I believe you will find this a practical and pleasant alternative to the other routes to Sandy Hook.

Good luck.

I wish I could make it this weekend but my schedule will not allow it any time soon. Lots of fun to those who do get there...

As I understand it,approaching from the south no longer is any advantage,though...Isn't it true that ALL traffic to SH is now funneled through the same stop lights?Or do I have that wrong?

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  3:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wait until you have to exit the Hook! You can only go 1 way! OVER THE BRIDGE! Towards Keansburg and such.

Edited by - widowerman on 05/22/2009 3:48:55 PM

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  08:28:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

As I understand it,approaching from the south no longer is any advantage,though...Isn't it true that ALL traffic to SH is now funneled through the same stop lights?Or do I have that wrong?

There may currently be no advantage coming from the north but it is definitely a faster and more pleasant ride than Route 36 from the Parkway to Long Branch for those coming from the south.

Edited by - jerseysomething on 05/25/2009 08:29:36 AM

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  9:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jerseysomething

Some time back I offered detailed directions for an alternate route to Sandy Hook. I figured, now that the high season is upon us, it is a good time to post them. (Fishman81, you specifically requested them on Page 42 of this topic).

This route is a good alternative to Route 36 for those coming from the south and, while perhaps a bit longer than Route 35 coming from the north, it could be less congested.

Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit 109.

Take Route 520 East (Newman Springs Road) about 2 miles to Broad Street (Rt. 35) - Turn Right.

(This is a dead End, Dunkin Donuts on the corner. There is actually oncoming traffic from a jug handle which is return traffic on Rt 520 West). Also note, the sign will say Route 520 East to the left, but I don't go that way which I think is longer).

Go to first light (approx. 100 yards), turn left onto White Road (Mr. Good Lube on corner).

Go approx. 1 mile to Branch Avenue (dead end) - turn left.

Go Approx. 50 yards and turn right onto Rumson Road.

Take Rumson Road approx. 4.5 miles, cross over bridge to Ocean Avenue (dead end). Check out the houses along the way!

Turn left onto Ocean Avenue and go approx. 2 miles to Sandy Hook entrance.

I believe you will find this a practical and pleasant alternative to the other routes to Sandy Hook.

Good luck.

I wish I could make it this weekend but my schedule will not allow it any time soon. Lots of fun to those who do get there...

Thanks for those directions !! They were spot on !

I was there today, was not crowded at all and weather was great!!

Next weekend ....anyone going ?

Edited by - Sully on 05/26/2009 2:58:23 PM

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  8:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to Gunnison on Memorial day.
We live in the Hershey/Lancaster PA area. Went PA turnpike (I76) to I276 to I95 to I195 to GSP, came home NJ36 to GSP to I78 to I81. No significant difference in mileage (return trip was maybe 15 miles longer – same amount of time). Nothing really learned there but fewer tolls on the return. I95 is always very busy and GSP seems to always be a mess. We were going to get off at exit 109 but there was some huge backup on GSP so we got off on NJ35 – had no idea where to go, but followed NJ35, and lo and behold it ran right into Newman Springs road. Took the White/Branch/Rumson route mentioned in a previous post and that was great. Weatherman predicted overcast and rain in the afternoon but he was totally wrong. Got my $50 season pass at the gate – note: they take only cash and checks – no credit cards (they did take credit cards when we went to the Cape Canaveral national seashore in Florida last year).
Several parking lots were full or close to full as we entered – one was closed, and I expected the worse at Gunnison, but the Gunnison lots was only about ½ full. So we parked and went over. Got there about 1:00. It was very very hot for the first hour because there was absolutely no breeze then – thought we would have to leave since it was our first outing of the year, but we popped the umbrella and that was better. Got my feet in the water walking on the beach but Holy Cow, was that water COLD. The breeze picked up after 2 and it was great until we left at 3:30.
Yes, there was only 1 exit lane but that was not a problem, but there is a huge problem if you want to go south on NJ36. You could not do it. Had to go over the bridge on NJ36 immediately after exiting the park – no other options. Luckily, I was going home that way anyway. Hope to get back this weekend.

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  02:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You drove round trip close to 5 hours or so to stay 2&1/2 ?

YES, water was cold , I braved it though and dove in, several times, how invigerating!!

" there was only 1 exit lane but that was not a problem, but there is a huge problem if you want to go south on NJ36."

I thought I somehow missed the exit, that will be a NIGHTMARE (as if it isn't now!) when it does get congested.

Edited by - Sully on 05/28/2009 02:53:22 AM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  09:19:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sully

Sully,
Some of us are that crazy!!
I drive 4 hours each way. If I can get 6 hours on the beach I'm lucky.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  8:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

quote:

Sully,

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

What time do you leave to arrive in morning?

I'd leave at 4, so your there by 8!

Maybe your morn circumstances don't allow though or you just too much of a sleepy head?

Edited by - Sully on 05/28/2009 8:25:07 PM

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2009 :  8:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Idea here ....

I'm single again now so I'm thinking of putting a sign in sand aside of me saying "For rent with option to buy"

Think I'll get any takers ?

[

Edited by - Sully on 06/01/2009 6:26:24 PM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  7:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

quote:

Sully,

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

What time do you leave to arrive in morning?

I'd leave at 4, so your there by 8!

Maybe your morn circumstances don't allow though or you just too much of a sleepy head?

I work nights. Leaving at 3AM is sleeping in. Also, I try to get in before 7 (no charge).

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  10:00:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all!

So, I made my first trip to Gunnison with my girlfriend on May 30th. If you noticed my initial first time posts, I was very cautious about the "voyeurs" and camera folks. Well, *knock on wood* none of that occurred!

For my first time on a nude beach, it was awesome! Personally, it was a very free, liberating experience and I want to be naked all the time! I am surprised there are not more (if at least top-less) nude beaches around.

We got there around 2:30-300 and stayed for a few hours. After eating some dinner near the vicinity, we left with no traffic problems (36n? towards GSP). We had a blast! And we plan to make trips to Gunnison as often as possible! I'm shooting for next weekend:)

slowdazzle

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  6:17:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully it will be done raining and warmer by then

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  10:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a question for any of you long time Gunnison folk's.

I first came to Gunnison last year and I was shocked (but pleased) that they sold beer at the concession stand. Alcohol and nudity seem like a controversial mix. I brought in some beer the last time I came and we had a few (toward the end of our stay, since the john is a long hike.) We drink responsibly of course.
But then I realized that I had never seen anyone else drinking it, nor in the (5) times we have been there, have we ever seen anyone that appeared drunk.

So, I guess my question is, "have you ever seen any inappropriate behavior brought on by drinking at Gunnison?". Has the selling of beer ever been questioned or debated.

Any comments would be welcome.

PABiker
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  11:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always bring a cooler with bottles of water and cans of beer. No one has ever said anything about it other than some folks wishing they brought beer of their own. I always offer a free round. Never had a problem. Inappropriate behavior is brought on by inappropriate intentions, but alcohol can indeed hasten action on those intentions. I wouldn't hesitate to bring your own beer. Problem people will be dealt with the same whether intoxicated or not.

As far as the walk to the bathrooms goes, it's never been a problem. Of course, every 2 hours or so I find myself overheated and needing a swim to cool off. Oddly enough, no one else ever seems to need to walk back to the bathrooms either.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  07:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If anyone gets loud the Rangers(Police) deal with them. Most of the regulars bring coolers with wine(in the box) and beer. The sign at the entrance is pretty clear. NO glass, kite flying, flotation. You also have to take your trash with you. The hike from the lot does limit how much stuff you can carry. Most of the regulars have those carts.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.51 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved