Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board


Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password


Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 85 ]  [ Total: 87 ]  [ Newest Member: JimBranch ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 119

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  10:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a question and a comment:
1) If the Gunnison parking lot is full, is there another parking lot withing walking distance of the nude section - or do all the parking lots fill up simutaneously?
2) Regarding the pervs, gawkers and sexers, how about the regulars start carrying squirtguns filled with vinegar or other stinky fluid - and, when we see the inappropriate behavior we just walk by and casually give em a squirt or two? Yes, I know that makes us the judge and jury, but we need to do something to stop these behaviors before they ruin it for the rest of us. Lawsuits for squirting? - who knows these days?



Country: | Posts: 56 Go to Top of Page

leesa123
Forum Member


Posted - 03/02/2009 :  11:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a sceamingly brilliant IDEA!



[]
quote:
Originally posted by rogandjean

I have a question and a comment:
1) If the Gunnison parking lot is full, is there another parking lot withing walking distance of the nude section - or do all the parking lots fill up simutaneously?
2) Regarding the pervs, gawkers and sexers, how about the regulars start carrying squirtguns filled with vinegar or other stinky fluid - and, when we see the inappropriate behavior we just walk by and casually give em a squirt or two? Yes, I know that makes us the judge and jury, but we need to do something to stop these behaviors before they ruin it for the rest of us. Lawsuits for squirting? - who knows these days?




Country: USA | Posts: 65 Go to Top of Page

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:15:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm really not all that concerned about gawkers,to tell the truth.And sex on the beach,while very politically incorrect,doesn't ruin my day,either.(I'd rather have that nearby than someone playing a radio,drowning out the sounds of surf and birds.)What I DO want to see is a level-playing field at Gunnison,which means to me that nobody should be allowed on the there clothed in more than a hat and sandals,any more than nude people are tolerated on the remaining miles of "textile" beach on The Hook.That would make the place a lot more user-friendly for the folks it was intended to serve.




Country: | Posts: 239 Go to Top of Page

leesa123
Forum Member


Posted - 03/03/2009 :  6:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe we are safer in groups?
I just want to have fun..

Parking?? That I don't know if you can still get in if lots are full.. Anyone know?



Country: USA | Posts: 65 Go to Top of Page

Revampd
Forum Member


Posted - 03/03/2009 :  7:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Once last year, on a Sunday, I went up and the Gunnison lot was full. I parked in the North Beach lot which is just a short walk... there was even a shuttle bus there to take me to Gunnison. Apparently they make a loop all around the hook every so often so even if it's too far to walk, you could take that. Does anyone know if ALL the lots ever fill up?

JoAnn


"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."



Country: USA | Posts: 50 Go to Top of Page

widowerman
Forum Member


Posted - 03/03/2009 :  7:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Revampd

Once last year, on a Sunday, I went up and the Gunnison lot was full. I parked in the North Beach lot which is just a short walk... there was even a shuttle bus there to take me to Gunnison. Apparently they make a loop all around the hook every so often so even if it's too far to walk, you could take that. Does anyone know if ALL the lots ever fill up?

JoAnn


"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."




Yep, the lots, ALL OF THEM FILL UP ON REALLY NICE WEEKENDS, hot weekends are a real big draw.
When things are that bad you may have to park by the fort. At least there you don't pay for parking.

When you pull up to the toll booth there are signs that tell which parking lots are filled.



Country: | Posts: 114 Go to Top of Page

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  04:50:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The water, is it too cold to actually stay in and enjoy till June or so ?

Odd ? I guess but what tanning lotion does everyone use, just curious because some are quite costly and maybe someone knows of a value brand that works just as well as the high dollar ones ?

I usually just go with Hawian Tropic oil.



Edited by - Sully on 03/04/2009 04:56:41 AM

Country: USA | Posts: 23 Go to Top of Page

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member


Posted - 03/04/2009 :  10:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard of the Hook being totally closed on nice weekends, not allowing any cars in, and backing traffic up for miles on 36. Thankfully, I hear about it when I'm already on the beach. lol There is some kind of shuttle service from the marina, but I think it is for those that take the water shuttle in from Manhattan. Read an article about it last summer. As far as sunscreen, I use plenty of whatever brand is available, and have never had any kind of burn. And, trust me, I can burn quickly.


Country: USA | Posts: 134 Go to Top of Page

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  12:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

I have heard of the Hook being totally closed on nice weekends, not allowing any cars in, and backing traffic up for miles on 36.


I've heard the same.The NPS really ought to create more parking.I'm not advocating knocking down catbird/prickly pear habitat,but there are a number of decrepit buildings that would not be missed if razed for more lots.Imagine the income generated by 1,500 more spaces.(And imagine the TRAFFIC!)



Country: | Posts: 239 Go to Top of Page

Jasieu
Forum Member


Posted - 03/04/2009 :  2:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All this talk is giving me the itch to get down there again. Hope it gets warm quickly!!!!!

***POW/MIA You Are Not Forgotten***



Country: | Posts: 14 Go to Top of Page

lovesthesun
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  10:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This weekend should be warm enough to spend some time naked at the beach - anyone considering a trip out?


Country: | Posts: 31 Go to Top of Page

widowerman
Forum Member


Posted - 03/06/2009 :  03:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

I have heard of the Hook being totally closed on nice weekends, not allowing any cars in, and backing traffic up for miles on 36.


I've heard the same.The NPS really ought to create more parking.I'm not advocating knocking down catbird/prickly pear habitat,but there are a number of decrepit buildings that would not be missed if razed for more lots.Imagine the income generated by 1,500 more spaces.(And imagine the TRAFFIC!)



Whoa, hey, hold on a minute. Some of those, ok, all of those buildings are of a very historical nature. It is after all called Fort Hancock. And that nifty little lighthouse is from pre-colonial times. The oldest working lighthouse in the nation.

No, even though a parking lot right next to Gunnison would be nifty, the impact on the area would cost too much. Just use the old B. Franklin adage, “Early to bed, early to rise.”

Besides, the beach looks so great in the early morning light. And that half mile walk from the parking lot to the beach would do all of us some good.



Country: | Posts: 114 Go to Top of Page

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  03:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lovesthesun

This weekend should be warm enough to spend some time naked at the beach - anyone considering a trip out?



Naaah, 58-60 for a high is still too cold and that's only peak at around 2 or so, not much sun either.

It's a comin though!!




Country: USA | Posts: 23 Go to Top of Page

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  03:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widowerman
Whoa, hey, hold on a minute. Some of those, ok, all of those buildings are of a very historical nature. It is after all called Fort Hancock. And that nifty little lighthouse is from pre-colonial times. The oldest working lighthouse in the nation.
No, even though a parking lot right next to Gunnison would be nifty, the impact on the area would cost too much. Just use the old B. Franklin adage, “Early to bed, early to rise.”

Besides, the beach looks so great in the early morning light. And that half mile walk from the parking lot to the beach would do all of us some good.

I didn't know that, cool !

Yes, a 1/2 mile walk is not far at all.




Country: USA | Posts: 23 Go to Top of Page

leesa123
Forum Member


Posted - 03/08/2009 :  7:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We made it to Gunnison!!!!
Although it was 60 and no sign of the sun, we decided to venture out. We left about 9am, arrived at noon. Many dog walkers, March 15th is the last for that.. It was so nice just stepping on the sand again..

We went for a long walk and planned on taking a few pictures to share with you all, but some loser walking around half nude was just interested in flashing us and others.

After we finally lost him we looked for the drift wood to take some pictures and wouldn't you know it, the loser was back. Setting up just about a yard or so by us.. The whole beach was vacant.

Why, why can't we go to a nude beach to relax? Not be followed and pestered?

Is there any way around this irritating problem?



Country: USA | Posts: 65 Go to Top of Page
Page: of 119 Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2017 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

 

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved

Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000