Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 202 ]  [ Total: 202 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  8:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the Polar Bear swim "Clothing Optional"?
How many folks usually show up for this?
And, how many actually participate?

Thinking about coming - I already have a horrible cold - so that is not a worry - and it might take my mind off my misery and start the year off right. I definitely can't get my "old lady" to participate but it might be fun.

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  9:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys,

It's 76 degrees in my apartment. I have clothes on... and I'm still cold! There is no way I'm jumping into an ocean in January. I hate winter!

Still, it would be nice to see others do it. Must turn a nice shade of blue.

JoAnn

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  10:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rogandjean...

The swim is CO but I'm not sure how many attend/participate. It's run by Friends of Gunnison Beach (FoG) and they should draw a pretty good crowd.

Have fun if you go.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  01:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OK,let me do the math...

Yeah,I suppose if I were to go for a dip this week,my testicles MIGHT re-descend come summer.I'm in!

(Kidding;I would never do such a thing,and I can't imagine why anyone else would,either.But I hope you nuts have fun.)

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  12:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Gang, Think I'll pass on the Polar Bare swim. lol Been cold-free so far, and hate to bring one on now, with the new year. Plus, for us guys, football play-offs make leaving a warm house on a Sunday a crime. lol Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays, and see you all, and all of you, come the summer. BareNJ

Ned Braden

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  10:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jerseysomething

For anyone interested... this Sunday is the annual polar bear swim at Gunnison Beach, Sandy Hook, New Jersey. It starts at 11:30 a.m.

Is there a fee for this?

*That's what it said in the yearbook, Jim

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  09:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the last minute reply... I don't know if there is a fee to attend. It's a public beach so I wouldn't think so. The forecast is for partial sun, about 36 degrees at 11:00 am. In case you go, I've read that it helps to bring a couple of towels and baby powder... it apparently helps you dry off more quickly, and makes it easier to get your clothes back on.

noclothesnohassles

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  11:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
missed it, dang. I might've had the balls to try this

Ned Braden

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  4:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quite an exhlarating experience!
Unfortunately, I got there a bit late, that new traffic signal to get onto Sandy Hook from 36 coming from the Parkway is insanely long.
When I got there, the bathrooms were closed for the winter, but a port-a-john was provided. The Nude Sunbather Warning sign was lying down on the left of the boardwalk. I saw a crowd of a hundred or so gathered together with two Park Ranger trucks on the beach. As I passed some people they told me that I missed it, but I was still determined to take the plunge. A few people mentioned that they'd heard it was starting at noon.
I walked past the crowd and set my towel down a few yards from the edge of the water. I watched a couple spring into the water and splash around a bit and get out. I disrobed and ran into the water to about mid-thigh, then lowered my head and dived in like I always do.
My heart immediately began to pound frantically and I poked my head out of the water after a couple seconds. It was initally hard to catch my breath, but my survival instincts prevailed and said, "If you don't get out of the water now, you are going to die".
I've been cold before and never really minded it. I've walked around outside in 20° weather without a jacket...I've skated outdoors and at a a few rinks that were so cold my toes got numb inside my skates. I've even taken a number of quite cold showers. But this was an entriely different type of cold. It pervaded my entire being and consciousness.
As I was getting out of the water, my core felt warm by comparison, but I could not feel my feet pounding the sand even though I was running.
Once I reached dry ground, I garnered a smattering of applause from a small audience...apparently they were quite impressed with my trick of making my penis disappear and then re-appear. Despite the wind, I didn't feel too cold once I was out of the water and I quickly dressed.
My skin is still tingling. Full sensation is slowly returning to my toes just now.
I would highly recommend it.

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  5:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ned Bradenm did you make it to the party afterwards?

That was a blast! I did not try the plunge, but I think next year I may just “have to do it”! I figure, why not, you can only freeze to death once!

We got there about 11:30am and waited, fully clothed and still freezing for about a ½ an hour. And then there was the count down, and mad run, at first for the water. Just about a few yards from the water people began to slow up. But for a mere moment there was that sudden collective realization of “THIS IS FRIGGIN’ NUTS!”

From what I could see there where newcomers and repeat “Polar Bare Offenders”. It was still a blast just to be part of it, in a supportive manner.

Them peeps are either, nuts, brave or maybe training to be Navy Seals. Them guys do that jump in any danger or water temp for a living. They, and all of you who went into that frigid water have some balls, BIG BALLS!

Good luck to all of you!

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  07:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bravo, Ned Braden... I'm sure it took great courage and determination to take the plunge... quite an experience, I would imagine. Hats off to you.

Widowerman... good after-party? The FoG people are a nice crowd... wish I could have been there.

I will look forward to meeting both of you at Gunnison this summer...

Beach Guy 09

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  02:15:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Beach Guy 09 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The dip was exhelerating - 3rd time I've gone and it was the coldest but wonderful. I miss the Hook in the winter - it was nice being there if only for a few cold minutes.

Ned Braden

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  7:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

Ned Bradenm did you make it to the party afterwards?

I wanted to, but I had a prior commitment.
quote:
... all of you who went into that frigid water have some balls, BIG BALLS!
Good luck to all of you!

quote:
Originally posted by jerseysomething

Bravo, Ned Braden... I'm sure it took great courage and determination to take the plunge... quite an experience, I would imagine. Hats off to you.

Thanks both of you - you should both definitely take the plunge with us next year!

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  1:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, 1st time posting on here and my 1st time at Gunnison was last year towards the end of season and I enjoyed the freedom so much, ended up going twice again in October again then of course it got too cooooold.

Only negative aspect about the whole day is always at the end, leaving the place, pertaining to the traffic that is.

So when can we return this year, what is the official date it's open and if we get a unexpected warm day in March or April is it OK to go ?

I usually wear a bright green (Lime) baseball type of hat and am by myself, so feel free to swing by and say Hi if you see me, I'd enjoy meeting some of you.

For now, I just imagine I'm there when I'm in the tanning booth for 12 minutes at the gym !

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  1:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Sully,

My first time was last summer too and I also loved the freedom. I don't know when the unofficial season begins either but I wouldn't go too early unless it was bright sunshine all day. We'll all probably go too soon... and freeze. I'll look for you when I'm there and if you see someone on a burgundy "Betty Boop" blanket... that will be me.

JoAnn

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.56 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved