Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 465 ]  [ Total: 465 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  5:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrk67

quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

quote:
Originally posted by bornnude

quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

Anybody going to be at Gunnison next Friday or Saturday? My family is taking a vacation to the Jersey Shore but are going to a textile beach. I, the queen of "I am NOT going to have tan lines!!!," am thinking about taking off for my own beach instead- a good nude one where I won't get the ever-dreaded tan lines.

Melissa

I've been seeing pretty regular reports on SunnyDays site. I wonder if he would be there.

I most likely will be there this Friday, and maybe Saturday. Planning to stay with some friends over the weekend to get some more sun. My tan is fading!

The usual crew that I hang with usually ventures on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I just don’t feel like switching days around at work!

Hi, I'm new to the forum but have been going to gunnison most weekends this season. I usually go alone which I don't mind, but wouldn't mind meeting people from here either. If anyone is going this Sat let me know.

Mark

If the weather holds out, I should be there on Saturday. I don’t plan to stay too late, that bridge traffic is a pain in the A**!

My usual spot, if the homeies I hang with can make it across the sand, is usually just to the left of the snack stand nearer the water, if we get there early enough. That location of that snack stand is like saying I’ll be the guy wearing the white carnation. If we meet up, again that’s like saying we can recognize each other, I’ll be near the snack stand.

Oh by the way, I’ll be the naked guy hanging around a bunch of other naked folks.

Jasieu
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  6:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which beach do the surfers hang out at?

***POW/MIA You Are Not Forgotten***

mrk67

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  7:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the response widowerman. Do you go with a large group?

Anyone else going to gunnison this Sat?

Mark

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  7:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I may go this weekend. I'm still fighting it out with my sister, who wants me to spend a day at their beach as we're on vacation. Can't I just for once get my way? Sigh....

Melissa

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  7:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You might remind your sister that Gunnison is clothing OPTIONAL. She can stay on the clothed side. Should she not wish to see all us naked people. There are other beaches at Sandy Hook.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/wespennest/2562019052/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME41quy9_x0

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  8:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrk67

Thanks for the response widowerman. Do you go with a large group?

Anyone else going to gunnison this Sat?

Mark

Most of the time I go to the beach with my lady friend and sometimes others meet us there or we meet them. And the group can get real big when the weather is just right and the sun-worshippers wish to give the sun goddess her due respect. Last year we had a distinctive red tent that was the meeting point, but that couple has not been to the beach much this year. Gas prices are a big factor. Speaking of which, THE PRICE OF GAS CAME DOWN A WHOLE 25 CENTS in 2 weeks! Whooppee!

Now if it would just go back to 39 cents a gallon, like when I was a teenager and HAPPY DAZE are here again! Or I could make a high 6 figure salary. That would just about even things out a bit.

mrk67

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  9:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking at the weather report its supposed to be perfect this weekend. Before we know it the summer will be over so Im definitely planning on going.

If you dont mind I'll try to find you and say Hi widowerman. Right to the left of the snack bar, right?

Hopefully you can go to Melissa. When you go where on the beach are you typically?

Im usually somewhere near the snack bar area also but closer to the water.

Mark

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  10:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like it will be a great time at the beach this weekend. Wish I could join (and meet) you all but it's not in the cards for this week. Last Saturday was very nice and not overly crowded as I thought it would be. I had only been to Gunnison on weekdays prior to that so I don't have a good reference point.

Have fun...

NorthEastUSA
Forum Member

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  10:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit NorthEastUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WE made the news!
http://www.wnbc.com/news/17175420/detail.html

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  06:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Beach Today*

*Sung to the Charlie Brown tune, “No Dogs Allowed”

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  07:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NorthEastUSA

WE made the news!
http://www.wnbc.com/news/17175420/detail.html

I did a quick read of the article and I was somewhat amused by that term; “As Dale Delasio, president of Friends of Gunnison tells me, you won't find any Kens and Barbies here.”
Sounds like the tagline for “another” type of “club”.

Anyway, just when did FOG become the official “nude spokesperson” for the rest of us?
I ran into a few of them last year. They have in their mindset that they are the reason for the nude beach. I always thought it was the US Constitution, as in every national park must set aside an area for nudists, naturists.

So who’s for meeting up in Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska? I sure there is a nude spot there, or we could all meet up in Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park, Hawaii.
http://www.drleisure.com/kaloko2.html

Edited by - widowerman on 08/15/2008 10:18:04 AM

NorthEastUSA
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  10:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit NorthEastUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you watch the video?
I thought it reflected us in a positive light

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  11:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NorthEastUSA

Did you watch the video?
I thought it reflected us in a positive light

Sure, you could say a positive light if you were running for the presidential race and wanted to show that all Americans are free to do what they want. However, it seemed so condescending of the attitude that was projected. How many times did we have to hear the “reporter” say, “I did not gawk!” And then each camera shot just had to put that blur of a teaser in it. What the hell, towards the end of the “amazing news story find of the century!” they had a woman’s head blocking a male “private” parts just to emphasize the sexual overtones. Of course, they had to show the “gawkers” drinking beer and sitting on coolers while still clothed. And then there was the old guy that was supposedly gawking a nude child or a young woman shot. All of this was to show how deviant nudists are.

Condescending was too kind of a word. This “reporter” needed a sensationalism story or he would be fired by next Tuesday. No, I do not think the coverage was at all in good light, good taste or even warranted. No, that was not an intended pun.

The way this reporter stated his find, you would think that Gunnison went nude just last week. Channel 4 sucks!

I think it’s letter writing time to Channel 4, screw them.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  5:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I thought it was a good story and did put us in a positive light. The reporter did have some fun with the story in saying he didn't Gawk, but some very good points were put out for the public to think about. The camera work was more darring than ever by showing full nudity (with the blurrs) and not showing people hiding behind things.

I loved the shot of the Gawkers and the lady shaking her finger at them. For a change the textiled men were showed to be the pervs.

Diger

bofsb
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  9:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a quick question...

I know the snack bar "rips" people off for the items they sell as many would suggest to bring their own snacks and stuff.

When i was there last time, i remember passing by a restaurant called seagals nest or something similar. What is it and has anyone been there? Prices?

Thanks, Planning to come down on Wednesday

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.57 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved