Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

CraigV

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  11:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're hoping to get out to Gunnison on Sunday...first beach trip of the season!! Forecast is for temps in the upper 80's lower 90's. Another couple may come along, so it should be a fun and relaxing day. I can't wait, and will report back on how things are going there.

hagen

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  1:54:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. Newbie here. First post. i have read the WHOLE forum and am amazed at how friendly and informative everyone is. I am planning my first Gunnison trip for next weekend (June 14). Since I'll be alone I especially want to thank everyone for the "single male" advice. Very helpful and comforting. Everyone seems to understand the desire to be friendly coupled with the horror of appearing "perv". Maybe I can meet some of you good people. I'll check this board during the week. Thank you all!

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  3:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hagen

Hello everyone. Newbie here. First post. i have read the WHOLE forum and am amazed at how friendly and informative everyone is. I am planning my first Gunnison trip for next weekend (June 14). Since I'll be alone I especially want to thank everyone for the "single male" advice. Very helpful and comforting. Everyone seems to understand the desire to be friendly coupled with the horror of appearing "perv". Maybe I can meet some of you good people. I'll check this board during the week. Thank you all!

If the weather is ok, gas is affordable I may just take the plunge again to get that even tan the upcoming weekend. As a hint of precautionary note, if you can afford it and if it is not too late, go to a sun tanning parlor and “wipe” that “perv” white skin down the drain so you don’t stand out like a sore thumb. However, if you are a person of color, DAMN! I ENVY YOU!

Hey I’m just making a general statement! But in all seriousness, the perv thing has been overplayed a bit too much by some persons on the forum. There was a woman last year on this site that insisted that she be left alone as she did not want to be “identified” as being a nudie. It’s narrow mindedness like that that will crush the nude beach. It’s a public beach, clothing optional, just behave in the correct manner and you’ll be fine. And I wish you luck on your “adventure.” If this is your first foray into the nude sun bathing, you’ll be fine. Then the adventure will became so natural you’ll wonder why everyone is not kicking back in the sun naked. As for skinny dipping, it’s very rewarding, except for the jellyfish stings. Then it helps to have a “partner” to assist in bringing down the stinging. One quick remedy is to use wet sand on the area needed. Unfortunately I got stung in a rather “sensitive place.” Luckily for me I had my fav beach pickup girl to assist me. OK, so there was a perv of sorts watching her administering aid and comfort to me. I didn’t care, the stinging was stopped! As for the “perv” hey, to each his own!

Like I said, it’s those damn jellyfish you have to watch out for. I think they show up around the beginning of July and last about a month or 6 weeks. The locals say it’s all about the water temp. They are probably right.

Good luck and have fun!

Doing my part to make Gunnison a natural occurrence.

hagen

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  07:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply widowerman. No time for tanning-bed prep work, so I WILL have that dipped-in-flour look. Not my first nude beach, though. But the other times (Spain) I was with a female friend, and we stuck to ourselves. This will be a little different.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  12:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope to be there next Tue. Are the FLIES out yet?

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

CraigV

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  12:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got to the beach as hoped, and reporting as promised.

First, it was HOT, and still is today. I got myself a sunburned chest and arms despite repeated SPF 30 apps.

The walk to the beach is just as long as always, and Lot G was 90% full by 10AM. It's an even longer walk from that far corner of the lot.

The water was cold, well 'bracing' would be the best description, but it felt great. Still too much a shell beach at water's edge. Big shells and a steep dropoff to waist high water. Definitely gets your feet in shape for the summer though! If you body surf, beware of that dropoff as you come in. I saw one poor fella not realize he was in that far and scraped himself up badly.

The snack bar by the toilets/showers is open. I think it was closed for renovation last year? Or maybe I'm confusing it with Assateague Island. At any rate, it's open and expensive. I pack a cooler regardless.

Despite the beach being very crowded, all was peaceful and as always, it's the quietest beach in NJ, which I really like. No camera phone antics, no unseemly behavior, and oddly enough....my g/f spotted only one ranger all day. I feel bad for them...long dark knit pants and 90+ temps are a bad mix.

The piper ploving area is roped off, but you are allowed to walk the wet-sand beach. There's an interesting sand bar formed there.

Sand flies didn't show up until about 2pm, and not many. But lot's of ladybugs. Go figure.

There were signs on rt35 approaching that read, "expect exiting delays". I thought it meant there was some delay exiting 35 onto Ocean ave. because of the road work. But on the way home I learned this meant "exiting Sandy Hook". Traffic stopped cold a half mile before the toll booths, and it took at least 35 minutes to get to the bridge, where a cop was sitting to make sure everyone came to a full stop. The apparent workaround is to stay left lane, and go to 36, make a U-turn and come back to the bridge. I saw some folks had done that...too late for me....:-).

All in all, it was a great day at the beach. I can't wait to return. Maybe I'll find a decent hotel nearby and make a weekend of it, to avoid the 270 mile round trip in one day....

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  7:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm planning on making my first stop of the year Friday. Sounds like so far, so good at Gunnison. Craig, there are a few hotels nearby that make spending a few days at Sandy Hook a lot easier, and cheaper with gas prices now. I stay at the Comfort Inn in Middletown, takes about 15 minutes to go from lot to lot, and the rooms are clean with plenty around to do at night. I usually come in from a back road I found, so traffic that way is non existant. Let me know if I can be of help. BareNJ :)

CraigV

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  1:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
barenjguy33, by all means feel free to share your back road detour...PM me or email if you want to keep it less than public! And I'll check out the Compfort Inn Middletown..looks close enough.

I come in from 78/440, GSP, 36.

bofsb
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  11:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am planning to go down this sunday. How far is it from essex county, (estimate)?

Thanks in advance,

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  03:35:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bofsb

I am planning to go down this sunday. How far is it from essex county, (estimate)?

Thanks in advance,

Essex County? Damn, you lucky bas…Hey there!

For you, I would say no more than an hour’s ride. I use to live in Belleville and from where I lived to Sandy Hook took me about 45 minuets. Sometimes less if Smokey wasn’t around and traffic was super light. I could just roll out of bed and hit the beach within the hour.

The Garden State Parkway is a breeze from the Newark area. It’s when you have to exit at 117 and then travel down RT36 that takes the most time. There are just so many damn lights! And now there’s road construction/destruction going on!
For me, it’s about 20 mins. of now cutting across New Jersey. Sandy Hook is not like Seaside where the GSP is super close to the shore area.

And now for me, since I live way up in Sussex County, the trip takes about an hour and a half, which translates into a lot of gas!

hagen

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  09:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hoping to be there Saturday. yaHOOO!

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  2:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hagen

Hoping to be there Saturday. yaHOOO!

I’d go down this weekend but it being father’s day weekend and all that, my kiddies will have none of THAT! If they only knew what kind of decrepit old guy I really was…wait a minute, they do know!

If only their mother were alive, she’s set them straight! She’d tell them to leave dear old dad alone. Besides, she would remind them, what possible trouble could an old dude get into?

HJ47
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  01:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Send HJ47 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haven't been able to get up there yet this season. My job is usually busiest on weekends, but I think next week I'll head to the tanning salons to build up a good base tan so I'm not totally white when I head there.

Before I go I need to pick up a nice, sturdy umbrella that won't break when I mallet it into the stand or fly off into the ocean. Anyone know where I can find one?

My target date is next Monday if the weather's good.

bofsb
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  01:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are there changing rooms there? if so where are they lcoated?

Thanks,

I am planning to go there on june 15, sunday

hagen

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  07:59:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first time at Gunnison was yesterday. It was great. I was alone, but I had a few brief friendly chats with some nice people. Love it! More details and observations later when time permits. Might go again Wed.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved