Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 651 ]  [ Total: 652 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  02:53:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just to confirm the above, there appears to be just those three beaches opening on Memorial Day, and the number of available parking spaces in total is said to have been cut to 2,500, a 50% reduction.Looks like there's going to be fiercer competition for parking than ever before, even on weekdays...

We're looking into staying locally, and taking a bus onto SH. Anyone know how that works?

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  5:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well...Sandy Hook officially opened today, so the wife and I took a drive down to see the conditions.You can see some destruction as soon as you drive in, as the bike ramp is completely gone. They are still resurfacing the road still, bumpy ride. As we drove by the main parking lot, the one with the seagulls nest, the lot looks intact but the beach was closed off. Oh well we continue to drive, as we head towards the barrack we see some damage but nothing too drastic, kudos goes to the people involved with the cleanup!!! We turn onto Gunnison drive and the lot is OPEN but didn't think we could get on the beach!!! We continue to drive to north beach and park there and walk to the look out tower. We survey the scene and notice windscreens out on gunnison.So, we get back in the car and go back to gunnison. We encountered a park ranger and question him about access. Unofficially the beach is open, there is no food stand or bathrooms, only one port-a-potty at the beginning that the work crews are using. It will stay a clothing optional even with the limited amount of beaches open. They expect the park to fill up rather quickly once the weather warms up. So, basically it looks there won't be a parking issue but probably lack of open beach issue from what I saw today. Also, they don't know when the regular bathrooms will be usable or when they are getting more port-a pottys. Weather permitting, the wife and I will be there on Wednesday..We brought our season pass today as well.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2013 :  12:06:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you SO much for the boots-on-the-ground post. (We live 4 hours away, and needed some local expertise in play here.)

Now, we're thinking of going next week just for the sun and the sound of the sea, even if the water is too cold for much of a swim. Until we read your post, we didn't know if even sunbathers would be allowed there.

(Just to be clear: did you two actually plop yourselves down naked on Gunnison? And can we park in Lot G?)

Again, thank you very much for taking the time.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 05/02/2013 01:07:40 AM

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2013 :  05:24:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
! parked in lot G and got on Gunnison as we were not prepared to plop our selves down , we just strolled the beach. There were about a dozen bathers enjoying the sun. We spoke to a park ranger and he said the beach is open but with no lifeguards until Memorial day weekend, that is why they posted that those 3 beaches won't be officially open til then. So, if they weather is good,you can enjoy the beach. Only drawback will be the limited or lack of port a potties

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2013 :  6:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the boardwalk and blue portable mat is gone as well

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2013 :  01:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again; this was just the information we were looking for... It's good to know that the beach is open for sunbathing.

(The one Porta-Potty thing might be a little rough, though!)

palmer
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  4:17:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How did we lose 50% parking? Did the parking lot size in lot G decrease? Are we losing the little additional parking lot they opened up for us on the weekends?

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  9:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they aren't opening all the lots yet, some still had sand in them

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  02:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not at all surprised that the parking is so reduced... The place still looked pretty wrecked in the online pics from earlier this year.

While we spent something like 30 days down there this past summer, I'm not sure that buying another season pass will get us in often enough to justify that purchase. (Gonna do it anyway, though.)

Anyhoo, I'll say it again, thanks so much to Yankee for posting. We are WAY to the north, and without that kind of information we'd be clueless as to the local conditions.

Please keep it up!

Edited by - Fishman81 on 05/07/2013 02:43:34 AM

palmer
Forum Member

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  08:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by njyankee60

they aren't opening all the lots yet, some still had sand in them

Was lot G completely cleared of sand?

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  9:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, lot g was intact. as well as north beach lot. The main beach,with the seagull's nest restaurant still had sand in it. Some of the fishing beach lots were still closed as well as most of the beaches closed to the entrance way.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  03:14:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We're going on Monday night to be there on Tuesday and Wednesday. Any updates/comments about how the parking and general conditions there are going will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  08:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm back!!!! Hello all my fellow nudie posters. I awoke from my long winters nap just in time for Naked Season. lol Happy to report, the bathrooms are in full working order at Gunnison. This from some very reliable sources. I haven't gone yet, I'll be making my debut next weekend. As far as other beaches, nothing new to report other than they will continue to work on getting them up and running as soon as possible. Hopefully, by mid-summer. Have a good one folks, and stay cool and nude.

candjnj

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  08:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Click to see candjnj's MSN Messenger address  Send candjnj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We were there on 5/31. All the roads are now open (there had been a detour the week before) and the bathrooms are open. No food service or food truck on the beach.

Edited by - candjnj on 06/02/2013 11:17:01 AM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  2:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! Was the place filled to capacity on 5/31?

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.6 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved