Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 409 ]  [ Total: 409 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Suggested Rules Of Behavior
 Nudist suggested rules of behavior: too strict?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nudism in Others Homes Topic Next Topic: Personal space
Page: of 3

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  08:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife is a touchy-feely kind of gal. She likes to openly display her affection for me, with non-sexual acts such as sitting on my lap, laying her head accross my stomach when we watch TV, etc...When we first got into nudism, she thought she could do the same, as she would do anywhere else. And I had to quickly explain to her why she couldn't sit on my back to apply suntan lotion, sit across my legs in the hot tub, or use me as a biggyback flotation device in the pool; which are all things we would do pretty much anywhere else. I don't think she ever really "digested" the fact that she couldn't be the same wife towards her husband at the resort; and I think her interest in the lifestyle suffered because of it.

I think that in our efforts to separate our lifestyle from anything remotely sexual, we may have gone a little too far. Some things are obvious: grabbing your partner's butt, walking with an erection in plain view, sitting on your partner's groin in the hot tub are all no-no's. But we have extended that rule to almost all body contact. And I think that is one of the main reason a lot of textiles consider us to be hypocrites. If my daughter can jump on my back and catch a biggyback to the showers, or give me an affectionate full body hug, why can't my wife?

Just food for thought...

Edward Ludwig
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  5:31:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You raised some good points but those same textiles if they witness that behavior they would think every one was there for sex. But I agree you should be able to show affection toward a loved one

Ed

naturalgar
Forum Member

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  5:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Send naturalgar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So what about an activity such as slow dancing? Should that be frowned on too? better not be.

Mic
Forum Member

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  8:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudony

Good points. Naturist venues are at best tolerated by our legal representatives. I assume that most of them are not against naturist activities but are afraid to be publicly in favor of it. I think this could be said of the media, they are not against it but are afraid to be for it.

I guess that applies to all of us. How many of us try to recruit new participants? We all hope to enjoy our time while not publicly advocating additional freedom or more venues.

Mic

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  08:12:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by naturalgar

So what about an activity such as slow dancing? Should that be frowned on too? better not be.

This is the second reference I've seen to dancing at nudist clubs... (the first reference was listed under "activities" in an online brochure for one). However, it is the first reference I've seen regarding "slow dancing".

I am assuming slow dancing isn't done TOTALLY in the nude..is that correct? At least...not between casual acquaintances (ie..other than husband and wife or similarly committed couples)

Is this true? Generally speaking I enjoy being asked to dance by different people at a "mixer" or whatever...but I think I'd be a bit uncomfortable at a nudist facility to dance a slow dance with someone.

Maybe this falls into the statement I keep seeng: "Nude when practical, clothed when necessary" or something like that.

Enlighten me...please.

Ash

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  11:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ash, Dancing is definitely done nude. However, for a slow song, unless it's my husband or someone I've been acquainted with for a long time.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 04/12/2005 11:31:01 AM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  11:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I got caught at a nude resort being asked by a woman, we met a couple of days before, to dance a slow dance. Her husband was getting up to use the restroom and he told her to ask me to dance. It was very ackward and uncomfortable. It probably would have been even if we were clothed but we were nude so it made it really, really uncomfortable. In hindsight, I probably should have made some lame excuse and said no but my personality is such that I didn't want this new friend to feel uncomfortable or rejected by my rejection, so I bit the bullet. My wife understood completely and we spent a while, much later, trying to come up with ways for me and her to decline nicely next time.

but, my wife and I have danced nude at several nude resorts.

Edited by - FireProf on 04/12/2005 11:13:34 PM

RunnerGirl
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  7:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashley

quote:
Originally posted by naturalgar

This is the second reference I've seen to dancing at nudist clubs... (the first reference was listed under "activities" in an online brochure for one). However, it is the first reference I've seen regarding "slow dancing".

I am assuming slow dancing isn't done TOTALLY in the nude..is that correct? At least...not between casual acquaintances (ie..other than husband and wife or similarly committed couples)

Is this true? Generally speaking I enjoy being asked to dance by different people at a "mixer" or whatever...but I think I'd be a bit uncomfortable at a nudist facility to dance a slow dance with someone.

Maybe this falls into the statement I keep seeng: "Nude when practical, clothed when necessary" or something like that.

Enlighten me...please.

Ash

Nude Slow dancing among casual aquaintances? Maybe it would be casual when the dance started, but you would be quite aquainted with each other by the end

Okay, just a bit of my childish humor - I couldn't help myself.

Morgan

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  8:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I appreciate your sense of humor no matter what age it is!

naturalgar
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  11:19:22 AM  Show Profile  Send naturalgar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

Well I appreciate your sense of humor no matter what age it is!

I do too Morgan!!! Somtimes we all get way to serious on these boards...lets have fun!!!

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  10:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its been so long i've forgotten, What childish humor

valricojr

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  06:44:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New to this site. One thing I don't see mentioned is erections when slow dancing. I'm not so concerned about it with a casual acquaintance, but the familiarity with my wife and the body I love, might be a problem.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  09:09:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dunno, Val. To my mind, the sudden very close presence of an attractive unfamiliar body might be more stimulating ... and the consequences more dire. This may be an example of what scientists call the Coolidge Effect.

As for nudist rules in general, I am the same person at a nekkid resort as I am anywhere else. I am affectionate with my wife, but also respectful of her, and so far we haven't gotten any Stink Eye from other beach-goers or resort guests.

hugo_ober

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  10:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see hugo_ober's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm n I do the same nude or dressed!

I'll dance a slow dance nude normally only with my wife or a very closed friend!

If a unknown girl or woman wants me for a slow dance dressed or nude, I'll do it, but with respectful distance between us certainly not pressing our privates together!

I think you can do all - it's just the way how you do it!

Best wishes

Hugo

CalTom
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  11:39:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in the early to mid 90's - - was host to a group of European nudists for their mini-convention. All was well and good, right up until the first evening in the (then) Club Fred nightclub when one of the women in charge of the group spotted (horror of horrors) couples touching during a slow dance. Yes, male appendage (a) was in the general proximity or zip code of female area (b).

This wonderfully benign and friendly group of FKK 'ers erupted into a near riot, or as close to a near riot as a group of Europeans holding charter flight tickets and renting a large block of hotel rooms and condos could get. More threatening to the resort's pocketbook, they were going to leave - - and take their party over to Lake Como and their occupancy charges to the nearest Holiday Inn. Oh... and report Fred Bischoff to undetermined higher authorities immediately, that is if referee and sideline judges didn't put some distance between the male and female body parts on the dance floor.

Well Fred Bischoff started to explain that the nudist customs of America were quite different than the nudist customs of Europe. It was a magnificent speech, a mixture of AANR nudist philosophy and one hellova lot of hot air. In the end the FKK 'ers had a befuddled look of new nudist enlightenment.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  3:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think many people are too uptight. Nudists simply enjoy the same activities as anyone else. Including slow-dancing. I dance close with my husband at the dances at our club and I also dance with my male friends naked as my husband does with our female friends. My husband is quite "well endowed" so it is difficult for him to slow dance with a woman without the occassional "brushing by" of southern parts. That is totally different them him having a full-blown erection and grinding on the dance floor. I think a little common sense must come into lay in these situations. I was dancing with a man last week, and as it sticks out pretty far..he sort of made contact with my bush. The guy AND his wife are close friends of me and my husband and it was completely innocent and he was really embarrased. So it is possible to make incidential contact while dancing and not have it be a "sex fest". We obviously dont want nudist venues to turn into any sort of sexual free for all. BUT at the same time I think many need to lighten up on their strict attitudes. Just because we are naked,doesnt mean we should be restricted in our activities anymore than people with clothes on should be. In fact Ive seen more innapropriate behavior at a "textile night club" than at a nudist one.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Nudism in Others Homes Topic Next Topic: Personal space  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.45 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved