Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 177 ]  [ Total: 177 ]  [ Newest Member: chicagonudist ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Nudist lifestyle
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Memorial weekend 2023 Topic Next Topic: 2nd Life Keto Gummies Reviews  

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2022 :  11:47:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a conversation with some people this morning about the nudist lifestyle and kids. Should kids be exposed to adults nude and is it ok for kids to be nude around adults.
My part of the discussion was that if kids are brought up to 'hide' their bodies, then that is the way they are going to behave, ashamed.
To me, clothing is a way to hide. Being nude is the real person and not some 'fake' front!
I grew up in an area where being nude was ok for those that were ok being nude.
What are others thoughts about kids being nude! Flame on!!!!

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 08/30/2022 :  12:19:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the child is comfortable around it, then it’s perfectly okay.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2022 :  02:44:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Back in the day", I've had some very frustrating conversations with people about my daughter, her Mom and myself all being naked around each other at home; and around other people at the resort. Some outright felt that it was a form of abuse; so eventually I decided to just stop talking about it.

The reality of it was that nudity was normalized at home pretty much from the day she was born. When my daughter was around 2-3, we decided to make our home clothing-optional. When we saw that when given a choice after her bath, she would always choose to stay naked; nudity became frequent in the evening. That evolved to all of us just taking off our clothes when we got home and staying naked.
A year or so later, she was so comfortable with family nudity that we felt it might be a good idea for her to meet other children she could be nude with; so we took her to a resort. She was pretty much immediately comfortable there; and we subsequently decided to incorporate social nudism to our way of life. It quickly got to the point where we had to tell her when she couldn't be naked; because she would otherwise choose to go nude.

Because we practiced nudity as a natural thing, my daughter never had to think of it as anything other than natural. Even today in her post-nudist adult years, she still looks back on her naked childhood with fondness and nostalgia; not in horror as some would expect.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/08/2022 :  03:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was somewhat the same way. I was naked all the time at home when my daughter was born. We lived in Florida for her first 6 years so she was constantly naked in the house, the pool and the backyard as well. We moved back up north when she was 6 and she continued to be naked in the house and we even started going to a nude beach. But then around 8 she started to be uncomfortable being naked. She would go to the nude beach with me but she would keep her bathing suit on. By 9 she was starting to be uncomfortable with me being naked. That is the time I split with her mother so I decided to completely stop being naked around her. Not just for her comfort but also so her mother didn’t use it as an excuse to keep her from me (long story there).
Now at 20, my daughter is still completely uncomfortable with being naked and I still refuse to be naked around her.

My step kids weren’t raised to be naked. They would walk in on their mom naked all the time but they were never comfortable being naked themselves. Even to this day, her 16 year old son will walk into the bathroom while his mom is showering and be comfortable, or he will come out when we are naked in the hot tub but he is uncomfortable being naked. The almost 21 year old son and 15 year old daughter are 100% uncomfortable with being naked and seeing people naked. And since I didn’t come into their lives until 5 years ago, they definitely don’t want to see me.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 09/09/2022 :  12:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rooftopwilly

But then around 8 she started to be uncomfortable being naked.

For my daughter this happened about a year or two later; as she got closer to puberty and her body started noticeably changing. Seemingly overnight, she went from "happy naked kid" to closing doors while changing and looking seemingly uncomfortable with nudity. The culmination of this was one day when I walked into the bathroom while she bathed to talk to her; and her clearly "forcing" herself to appear comfortable naked; probably to not disappoint me. I knew then and there that things had changed.

I initially blamed myself for her sudden "prudishness"; wondering what I had done or how it could have been prevented (not enough fun nudist trips or not enough nudist friends her age?) But I eventually came to terms with the fact that she was entering a "different" stage in her life. I made my peace with it, and my wife and I declared that nudity would be a "private affair" going forward. I haven't seen her nude (and vice-versa) since that day.

I think it was the right decision for her. The important thing, as I mentioned earlier, is that she looks back on her naked childhood favorably.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2022 :  12:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several decades ago, as a single dad raising a daughter, we were often nude at home. We started going four wheeling (jeep type vehicle) to go camping and just goofing off with other families. One weekend we had gone to a creek that had a sandy beach and good swimming hole. After a bit one of the kids stripped down and was swimming. All the kids were 9-14 both boys and girls. After a bit all of the kids were nude and having fun. One of the boys was fishing in a hole downstream from where they were swimming. Not long after that the adults all stripped. During this trip we sat around a campfire talking like adults do, cooked food over the campfire and even did some gold panning. No one seemed to mind that we were all nude. We all would go out for trips like this two to three times a month. This went on for a few years and then for whatever reason we stopped going camping. Guess the kids started into other actives that took up the weekends.
These were good times and my daughter who has grand kids, talks about those times.

nudeman16
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2023 :  12:39:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The kids MUST stay nude! Even if they start deferring or changing their minds from the lifestyle, it must be instilled in them to be and stay nude. It may sound forceful but if that what it takes, then so be it! They are under your roof, what you say goes period! As a parent you wouldn't want to hide it, keep it secret or lie about it from them either because that would only create animosity and trust would be thrown right out the window, they might even feel left out if they find out on their own and want to be included in it. Kids being nude also creates positive body self image/awareness and respect for others nude so there are those benefits as well. Always support and encourage kids being nude with each other and adults.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2023 :  02:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I absolutely. 100% disagree with that.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2023 :  7:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah. In my experience this approach rarely works. Some families are different, I suppose; but this approach will often end with rebellion and alienation.

When my ex and I decided to go (tentatively) down the path of family nudism, she took the lead by deciding to stay naked after showering and propose we have dinner nude. Our daughter absolutely had a choice. Had she declined or showed hesitation; that would have been the end of it. But not only did she not hesitate; but she also chose to stay naked after dinner. And then whenever it was allowed. It was not only important for both of us to demonstrate that nudity was natural at home; but also to let her know that she had a choice in the matter. Because if you can't get to choose being "free"; then it's not really freedom. And body-freedom was the value we were choosing to impart to her.

That's the advice I would impart to any parent considering family nudism. Make nudity natural and let the kid(s) decide for themselves what that means for them.

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2023 :  10:13:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sound advice Nudony. To dictate rather than let ones offspring choose is not acceptable as it would cause resentment. Naturism, after all is about relaxing and enjoying being without clothes. However, if one goes to a resort where clothing is banned, that is different but hopefully the subject would have been raised prior to going.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 04/06/2023 :  11:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that the earlier a child learns that his/her family goes nude at home, the better. One thing that worries me is that a child might talk with other kids about the nudism. Then, the teacher hears about this from other kids, and a possible problem ensues. If the family started nudism when the kids were in their late teens, the kids would probably be more sure to not violate their family's trust.

Communications are key when it comes to start being nude at home. Talking things over and get an idea of the kids acceptance or rejection of the nudism context. Kids are sometimes hold values only temporarily, and might reject seeing their family members in the nude, but later accept it. Once they try it, they just might like it. Kind of like a new, strange food. A child might not like the sight of it, but once they sample it, they like it.

It's well worth presenting to the family. Literature is available that is quite convincing. Let the nudist concept sink into their heads, and let them think they were the ones who decided to try it. Let them own it.

I started to go nude at about 10 years old, but even then, I knew I had to be secretive about that. If my parents were to have gone nude at home at that time, I would be quite happy and relieved that my "discovery" was the new rule at home. If my parents had told me to keep the nudism very secretive, it would not be a problem with me. I'd shut my mouth!

However, the nudist part of my life is not known to anyone close to me. I tend to be quite private about the nudist part of me, because my family is quite puritanical about the human body. All my friends are textile-philes. Thanks to the magic of the Internet, I've found some local people that go nude. Voila!! I'll see how that plays out. I'm only just one person, and every family or single person has their concept of home nudity.

It's a tragedy in America, Land of the Free, that we're not as free as Germany. We're still stuck with the Victorian age, and the puritanical attitudes which are hundreds of years old in America.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 05/17/2023 :  10:52:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

One thing that worries me is that a child might talk with other kids about the nudism. Then, the teacher hears about this from other kids, and a possible problem ensues.

That can happen. It happened to me. My daughter "outed" us at her daycare. The other kids went home that day and told their parents about "that girl who hangs out naked with her Mom and Dad." One parent brought it up to the daycare, who then called us with a stern warning. My wife took the call and handled it very well, defusing the situation. Nothing came out of it, but it scared the heck out of me.

The importance of secrecy and educating a young nudist child cannot be understated - especially in the current climate. But it doesn't have to be a scary thing. Framing it as "we believe nudity is natural, but many people do not share or understand these values" can be understood even by a four-year old.

Unfortunately there is no "how-to" on raising a child in nudism. This is the kind of thing people should know before deciding to have a nudist family.

On a side note, this experience ended up not changing a thing for us. We had the "talk"; and went right back to being naked at home and the resort.

Previous Topic: Memorial weekend 2023 Topic Next Topic: 2nd Life Keto Gummies Reviews  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved