Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 124 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Other forums - policies regarding photos
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Help Skinbook to be relaunched Topic Next Topic: fantasies
Page: of 4

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  1:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I’m ambivalent about photos here and on other nudist forums. I think all of us would like to see what people we chat with, look like. And we probably all like to see the types of activities and places where others have enjoyed a clothes free experience. But, many nudists don’t want to reveal their identities on a public forum, and photos do indeed attract voyeurs and those others we consider undesirable. There doesn’t seem to be a perfect photo policy.

I think the photo policy here works well. I also visit the True Nudists, and the r/nudism forum on Reddit. They both allow photos, but very few people on r/nudism post photos.

True Nudists has a significant problem with creeps, inappropriate photos, and sexual posts. The moderators keep things pretty orderly. Some people play word games, and there are a lot of discussions about a fairly wide variety of topics, but not many are what you would consider to be thought provoking. This is an older demographic, with very few young people.

R/nudism posts their rules at the top of their list of discussions. There are a lot of young people there. There is quite a bit of enthusiasm about our clothes free lifestyle. The moderators do a very good job of maintaining order. The undesirables don’t seem to be attracted there, but maybe that’s just my perspective. Photos play a very small part there. I don’t know exactly what attracts the young people there, but they interact there a lot. There are a lot of serious discussions. There is a lot of activity.

We also have serious discussions at NRO, but we don’t have very many any more. There isn’t much traffic here. It’s like an old friend whose company you enjoy even when there’s nothing to talk about. We need some new blood, but I don’t think allowing photos is the answer.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati
Not lewd, not crude, just nude.

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

calgarymark
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  2:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Thanks, and to all of you as well.

We're going on 18 years here.

And Mark, a pun within a pun? I'm calling the police.

You'll have to wait until the next full moon (28 days &/or nights) and then it will be too late.

What are you going to call the police? I thought they already had a name. They used to be Peelers, (the first nudists? I wonder...) after Mr. (later Sir) Robert Peel who founded the Irish constabulary, thus policemen = peelers.

CalgaryMark
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional. Laughing at yourself is therapeutic.

speedy123
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  4:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a chuckle out of the picture examples Admin presented above. I'm sure there are a bunch more like that!

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  11:48:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the record, I didn’t create this thread to the to get the admins to change the format here and allow more pictures. It was merely a “hey, if you’re on Instagram or MeWe, and want to share, come find me over there”.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  10:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rooftopwilly

For the record, I didn’t create this thread to the to get the admins to change the format here and allow more pictures. It was merely a “hey, if you’re on Instagram or MeWe, and want to share, come find me over there”.

I got that!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  4:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No worries, rooftopwilly. I always enjoy the interactions and suggestions, especially from members who have been around awhile.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 02/17/2020 :  12:14:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, Bill, thanks for the insights. I haven't been keeping up on the playing field lately, so it's much appreciated.

I've been thinking of adding some social media integration, but the social media code I have is as old as the forum itself. It may not work any more.

Lack of social media activity is one reason Google cares less about us than in the early days.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2020 :  1:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like this forum. We have a great group, but we’re just not very active. I would hate to see it wither and disappear. How can we help invigorate it?

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati
Not lewd, not crude, just nude.

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 02/18/2020 :  01:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Within a few months, I'll again have to move it to a newer server. It costs extra money these days to run this old code, based on the ASP and MySQL formats. I would have to get a licensed extension on a newer server to run a copy of it.

The other option is to start over, using brand new up to date forum software, running on a standard server with current server software.

I don't have the database expertise to migrate the current content to a new forum. It's possible, but requires some experience to get it done right. That option I'd prefer, to preserve our legacy of 18 years of discussions, and bring it all into current standards.

I've been mulling over the pros and cons. As old as it is, I still like this ancient Snitz forum, circa 2000. It works fine, except for the image uploading functions that we lost when we upgraded the old SQL server to a newer one.

If we could keep everything as it is and just move to a newer server with ASP/SQL capability, and fix that bug, I'd be happiest. There is some recurring cost to that.

My second choice would be to migrate all our existing content, all 18 years of it, to a brand new circa 2020 forum. We'd gain lots of bells and whistles, and they'd keep working thanks to an active community sharing answers to any kind of problem.

(The Snitz developer community disbanded many years ago. There's no one to fix our forum when things go sideways.)

If the content cannot be migrated, as least a brand new forum is an option. No content, starting from scratch. It would be a much easier start than in 2001, when I really didn't know if anyone would sign up and starting commenting.

Well, that's what is on my mind lately. The company hosting us right now is discontinuing that old server software. We'll have to move our community elsewhere within the next 6 months.

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2020 :  05:21:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally don't understand all of what you're saying but smart enough to trust in what you say. I like this community and sure would hate to see it leave. I'd do what I could to help preserve this site whichever way you have to go. I'm sure others feel the same.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2020 :  06:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I second what Daretobare just said!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2020 :  08:26:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I started "actively" started posting around 1999-2000. So I've seen nudist websites - sometimes great ones - falter and die, go "full stupid"; or become nearly 100% inactive.

I think the issue is not with the design of the forum; but with its members and their willingness to get discussions going. If you have 5000 members and "nobody is saying anything"/just lurking, then all the bells and whistles won't matter. Some people like the "Q & A" Reddit format; maybe that's the way to go when people don't want to bother having full discussions anymore. And I think that's the way things are going. Meaningful debates, philosophical musings...it does seem they are a thing of the past.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2020 :  09:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still like this site and have gotten to look forward to the posting of the 'regulars'!

Jimmie2
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2020 :  1:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jimmie2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nude in AK

I still like this site and have gotten to look forward to the posting of the 'regulars'!

Me too!!! I stop in a few times a day to check what is going on!

HNATDT

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2020 :  3:37:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Birds of a feather........

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Help Skinbook to be relaunched Topic Next Topic: fantasies  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved