Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 245 ]  [ Total: 245 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Tan through clothing
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hotel Nudity? Topic Next Topic: Are Swimming Pools Clean at Resorts?
Page: of 2

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2017 :  2:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

A few people have said they use tan through shorts etc. when they have to, do they actually work?

I had some on this weekend just gone, shorts only as we had some visitors dropping in and my butt is light coloured, my back has lots of colour, totally different.

Just wondering if they work at all.

SBN.

stealer
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2017 :  3:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had some tan-thru swim style briefs for a while. After being out in the sun with them for a while, I got a little color, but I still wasn't as dark as the rest of my body. I read that they let about 80% of the suns rays through. I think the bottom line is although they do let sun through, you still have fabric covering your skin, so you probably won't get as evenly tanned compared to being in the sun while completely bare.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2017 :  7:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is correct stealer. I think I've also heard they have an SPF of 6...or something like that. You also need to keep moving the waist band around, otherwise you will not get any sun in that area. That would make for a very strange tan line.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  06:04:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yes, my butt is quite fair by comparison with my back after working outside on the weekend. I only wore the shorts because we were expecting a visitor and my bare butt sticking in the air and gear hanging on view from the back was not my best angle.

Anyway, back to the shorts, yes I have a very white waist band tattoo now. That will take some specific tanning to fill in but hey I guess it's a challenge.

I wore them the previous weekend when we had a neighbour over for a drink. I felt OK but did wonder if they were see-thru in full sun. She didn't say anything, nor did my wife and I don't really care.

Cheers, SBN.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  2:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wondered the same thing when I first started wearing them...but no one ever said anything...even in full sun. I would imagine someone might see the outline of the thigh with the sun shining through the suit but that would probably be about it.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  3:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I guess I'll find out from our neighbour, she is not afraid to say what she see's or thinks. Maybe I should just ask her. At the time I was tempted to just peel off anyway as I refer to my newly paved area as my sunning spot & beer garden but my wife may not have reacted well. She accepts me being nude in our yard privately but maybe not when guests arrive, this the "tan thru" shorts. SBN.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  4:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I now have 3 tan thru swimsuits/shorts. I opted for the shorter of the two. I hate those swimsuits/shorts that are just above the knee.

I wore the one I had purchased before we left on a 10 day trip to Mexico. The last 7 days of the trip, I needed to wear a clothes most of the time. I wore these almost daily. I even wore them on a day long tour. Never heard from anyone and my family would have said something ... especially our 17 y.o. granddaughter!

In the pamphlet that came with my shorts, it states that you may need to move the waistband periodically to get the all over tan desired. This was one of the reasons my wife disliked her first one that we'd purchased over 20 years ago. I think they've improved the quality, material and designs so when we returned from Mexico, I bought the other two suits.

I like them and they are lightweight enough that it almost feels like wearing nothing! One thing I noticed and made adjustments on was when the suit was wet, it clings. I just blouse the suit as I'm exiting the water and all is good!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 11/20/2017 4:50:01 PM

stealer
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  7:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This brings back memories. I originally got my tan-thru clothing before I realized I had enough privacy to sunbathe nude out in my back yard. After tanning completely bare outside for the first time, I never wanted to sunbathe with clothes on ever again, so the solar swimsuit ended up in the back of the dresser drawers, lol.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  11:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They come in handy for me. We spent the first 3 days at a clothing optional resort. Obviously, we were naked more than dressed for those three days and nights so continuing the vacation at a textile resort, the tan thru suit was a must for me. My wife didn't have one at the time.

I spent a lot of time in the sun at the textile resort. I was in the water, playing volleyball, standing and talking to various people. All the while wearing only these tan thru shorts and never had anyone say anything negative, only that they were cool shorts and where did I get them.

They will serve a purpose for me. We often get invited to go to the beach with my daughters and our grandkids. They visit textile beaches with the kids so a suits a must. I wear those and it's actually not that bad.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  06:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

OK, maybe I need to alter the location of the waist-band up and down to minimise the white-out. Might have to look at some new ones too, maybe the colour is an issue. Cheers, SBN.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  09:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The idea of the tan through items is good, but having looked at them, there were no colors that I found appealing!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  09:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nude in AK

The idea of the tan through items is good, but having looked at them, there were no colors that I found appealing!

hahahahaha I didn't think so either but lots of compliments from the younger people and my family, at the resort in Mexico. I guess it shows what I know about fashion! hahahahahaha

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  1:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Indeed, my 20yo daughter actually commented on the old ones I have and said she liked them. I was a little shocked and she wasn't trying to be funny.

There are two brands that come up on a search, Cool Tan & Fruugo. I have the Cool Tan, anyone have the Fruugo? First I think is from the US, 2nd from the UK. Any difference?

SBN.

stealer
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  6:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't remember what brand mine were. They did have some really wild color patterns, but mine were solid black.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  3:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mine are a blue and white crazy pattern and a thin material. They are a loose fit which is good, no restraint. Even when you pull them tight you can't see through them, that's why I wondered if you actually get any tan wearing after I found the line on my back and very pale butt last weekend.

Mine are the Cool Tan but the Fruugo brand look to have a similar pattern range.

Some of the speedo type swim briefs I'm looking to buy for laps have a sheer material that on the models there butts are visible, see thru when wet or dry it seems, I'm assuming they would be tan thru if you can see thru. Anyone else know?

SBN.

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2017 :  10:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We’ve gotten some suits from these folks to use at our place in CA that isn’t nudist friendly at the pools & hot tubs. Super light, instant drying, decent quality and tan-thru. They run sales regularly...70% off this weekend! https://kiniki-usa.com

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Hotel Nudity? Topic Next Topic: Are Swimming Pools Clean at Resorts?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.28 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved