Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 142 ]  [ Total: 142 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 Current Events
 Textile taking photo's at a CO beach
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: More Awful Swimsuits Topic Next Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS
Page: of 5

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2017 :  4:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a tough call. If you confront the individual, you never know how they are going to respond...could they turn violent? Most I would think would slink away...but you never know now days. If you report them...it could end up like FP mentioned... enough reports and they could just close the beach to CO use. I've not been to Haulover yet but I like the Beach Ambassador program which seems to combine both options in one. You could report it to them and instead on a one-on-one confrontation, I'm assuming 2 or 3 Ambassadors would handle the situation. At least that is how I'm assuming it works.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2017 :  4:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the topic of being "thick-skinned"...

I've recounted elsewhere my fiancée's negative reaction to voyeurism at Club O. earlier this year (pre-Irma). I guess one might say that she was still too "thin-skinned" to meet obtrusive staring - while naked - with placidity.
But by that logic, only thick-skinned women (or men) should get naked at the beach - in case they are photographed or witness to whatever sexual activity is happening around them. That's not a very good "selling point" for beach nudism: "Don't bother going unless you're ok with the possibility of being photographed naked or pervs staring at you!"

Certainly, there are strong advantages to being thick-skinned - or developing what I call "naked confidence." My ex for example developed it as a result of extensive naked socializing, with other nudists, in a variety of settings. The end result was a "flippant nonchalance" at the idea of being "looked at" or potentially photographed. That attitude in turn allowed her to be more comfortable being naked in group settings.
But it was part of a progression. She actually started out pretty thin-skinned and guarded; and by gradual increased participation in nudist functions, developed her confidence.

But not everyone can get there. If being "thick-skinned" is a prerequisite for beach nudism, it is no wonder women (and some men) have a hard time with the idea of being naked at the beach.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2017 :  5:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree completely with Nudony. My wife is shy and private by nature. Becoming "thick skinned" isn't in her nature nor would she care to become that way. Does that mean she shouldn't visit a nude beach or care about being photographed?

Thick skinned point taken but it doesn't work that easily for some or not at all. Taking someone's picture without their consent is still wrong and if it happens, you should speak up. It may not be illegal but it is disrespectful and intrusive of one's privacy and personal space.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2017 :  5:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by free2be

It's a tough call. If you confront the individual, you never know how they are going to respond...could they turn violent? Most I would think would slink away...but you never know now days. If you report them...it could end up like FP mentioned... enough reports and they could just close the beach to CO use. I've not been to Haulover yet but I like the Beach Ambassador program which seems to combine both options in one. You could report it to them and instead on a one-on-one confrontation, I'm assuming 2 or 3 Ambassadors would handle the situation. At least that is how I'm assuming it works.

I've encountered a couple of guys that thought they could scare me off with physical confrontation. I told them ..."you may beat me up but I can guarantee you that I will press charges, you will spend the night in jail and I will sue you to the full extent of my rights." They've gestured that they were going to hit me but left the beach.

Most times, we've been fortunate to have others accompany us to confront the offenders ... strength in numbers. You have to have those others that are not happy about what's happening or you're all alone. Like I said, many times, after confronting an offender, I usually was approached by someone that said ... "I was going to say something to them but ..."

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2017 :  06:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Initially I wondered if I should have just accepted this experience and said nothing but with the comments posted I'm glad I did.

I think the comments show that its important to protect the purpose of "free beaches". My understanding is that the intention was to allow clothing optional beaches not "no rules" or "sex in public" or take advantage of others. Seems the intention was to allow people to swim in the ocean naked as nature intended. Everything else is an extension of that and we should be careful what we think is "acceptable". The internet allows us to view and experience anything and everything and can de-sensitise us about what is reasonable.

Don't want to be seen as a prude but IMHO free beaches / CO beaches doesn't mean there are no rules about what is acceptable just because the beach allows us to be naked.

I feel like we have an obligation to protect these beaches from abuse. People before us argued hard to make this happen,we should respect that. SBN.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2017 :  10:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took the words right out of my wife's mouth!

Her parting words to many offenders was ... "just because we are naked, doesn't mean there aren't rules, manners, decorum, for using this nude beach! Have some dignity!"

She used to get pretty upset with those that took the nude beach to mean ... "no holds barred!"

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2017 :  3:42:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to go to Mazo Beach a lot and the regulars there were really adept at deterring "obnoxious" behavior. There is strength in numbers, and they would approach photographers and voyeurs in groups of two or three. That would usually send the "offender" packing quite quickly and without much fuss. I was particularly impressed by the women-regulars, who would often confront the person nude; and I would watch the offender(s) trying to keep their composure in the face of being read the "riot act" by the women they were preying upon. Ultimately they would "crack" and get to stepping. This was also a testament to these women's "thick skin" and unwillingness to let themselves be victimized and hide their nudity in the face of "bad behavior."

Yet, that unfortunately still couldn't prevent Mazo Beach from getting closed.

But that doesn't mean we should stand idly by and just do nothing.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2017 :  5:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Seems like there is a common understanding here. The challenge I find is that I go to CO beaches on my own, keep to myself and enjoy the surroundings, the water, the beach and the location, at low tide you can walk for miles at one of these beaches. If I'm confronted by this behaviour on my own and with few others around it could be awkward. Maybe I need to get to know a few people at each of these beaches (strength in numbers) but its not that easy walking up to someone naked and introducing oneself. SBN.

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2017 :  6:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In all reality, I know I'm at a public place and courtesy is the only rule regarding cameras. So in regards to myself I don't feel its a confrontational matter and know Ive at times been photographed. But..point the camera toward my wife or another person who wishes not to be photoed and Ill be talking with you about courtesy.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2017 :  11:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree this issue does can and will spoil one's fun, freedom and enjoyment when you have a reasonable expectation to privacy. To take someone's photo's with out their consent is almost criminal to some degree l think.Reckless conduct committed by a mindless person, will and can spoil it, can't they? They do as many here have noted their offence has been committed and its not welcome or tolerated.

Go n nude

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  01:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here's an recent experience I had that is sort of on topic. I was at a CO beach and a fully dressed guy walks up and stands behind me and right next to two young women. Of course he's looking at his cell phone. I give him dirty looks, but he ignores me. Another nude beach regular comes up to him and tells him this is the nude section of the beach and that if he wants to be here he should join us and get naked. The clothed guy says he has a right to be there. The nude guy walks away. I see the two young women are suddenly packing up their things to leave. So I say to the clothed guy that I agree with the naked guy and I also say that the two young women are probably leaving because of him.

Here's the shocker, the two women say, "Oh no, we're not leaving because of him." And they then start chatting with the clothed guy and bash the nudist guy for being territorial, etc. I was dumbfounded. They left soon afterwards and the clothed guy followed behind them at a safe perving distance. At the point I thought to myself, "I give up."

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  04:47:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

NSG,
I have no idea what to say about that one. God alone knows what motivates some people.

Hypothetically if I went to a textile beach and blatantly took photo's of girls in bikinis or topless I reckon there is a good chance someone would say something, complain or tell me to move on, whether it's the girls or someone nearby. A CO beach should not be different.

Cheers, SBN.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  09:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudesunguy

Here's an recent experience I had that is sort of on topic. I was at a CO beach and a fully dressed guy walks up and stands behind me and right next to two young women. Of course he's looking at his cell phone. I give him dirty looks, but he ignores me. Another nude beach regular comes up to him and tells him this is the nude section of the beach and that if he wants to be here he should join us and get naked. The clothed guy says he has a right to be there. The nude guy walks away. I see the two young women are suddenly packing up their things to leave. So I say to the clothed guy that I agree with the naked guy and I also say that the two young women are probably leaving because of him.

Here's the shocker, the two women say, "Oh no, we're not leaving because of him." And they then start chatting with the clothed guy and bash the nudist guy for being territorial, etc. I was dumbfounded. They left soon afterwards and the clothed guy followed behind them at a safe perving distance. At the point I thought to myself, "I give up."

I believe this completely. Sounds like something that would happen at Black's Beach near San Diego. With the University at the top of the hill, we see many college aged adults down on the beach. Like most C/O beaches, there are sections; the indifferent zone, where you will see clothed, topless or nude males; the nudist zone, where you'll see nudist singles and couples; the players zone, where some go to conduct sexual activity and the gay zone.

The indifferent zone and nudist zone see lots of college kids using this beach and I can see many of these kids taking issue with anyone telling anyone they couldn't use the beach. First time I visited Black's, there was this creepy little guy that walked up and down the beach and found all the young girls to walk by, sit below or behind, look up between their partially spread legs and just watch them and play with himself.

I approached this guy when he sat behind a young woman with her legs spread apart. She was lying about 40 ft away and looked to be studying. After I gave this guy what for, I walked up to this young woman and said I was sorry they had to deal with guys like that. She said, "he's not bothering me. If he wants to look, I don't care."

I returned to my chair and said the same thing ... "I give up trying to help!" hahahaha

Edited by - FireProf on 11/07/2017 09:38:35 AM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  10:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Fire I believe what I would have told that young lady is... yes but his rudeness was bothering me. Soonbnude & Fire I know you guys will never give up as you know you shouldn't.

I have confronted more than a few pervs through the years and I always like to compare them to cockroaches, if you shed enough light on them they will scurry off.

A couple years ago I saw a guy pretending to talk on his phone while walking down the beach taking a video or picture instead. I know for sure cause you can barely get any signal on that beach and if you do you have to stand on one leg to keep from getting cut off. It is impossible to walk the entire beach and keep a signal. It got a little ugly but he didn't have his phone out on his way off the beach. I also walked down the beach telling everyone what he was up to, shedding as much light on him as I could.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 11/07/2017 10:34:23 PM

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/08/2017 :  04:23:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Diger & Fire & others

Happy with what you have said, however I think we also need to challenge some of our nudist friends who often encircle women who come to the beach. I see this happen regularly and recently. 5 young women came to my favourite beach, they wore bikini bottoms and small dental floss g-strings (god knows why they bother, can't be comfortable but I didn't ask). The girls seemed to enjoy themselves for a couple of hours with minimal amount on but I could see they were a little wary of the guys around them. About 4 older guys, clearly regulars with great tans, parked themselves 5-10 metres from them within 15-20 minutes of the girls being there. I was about 50m up the beach and watched this occur from when the girls arrived until they left, 3 of the 4 men moved elsewhere within 5-10 minutes of the girls leaving.

Again I wondered what to do, if anything, is it my responsibility. I find the men's behaviour also to be inappropriate, too close and impinging on the girls space, this beach is enormous. In my opinion the men's behaviour is similar to the photographers behaviour except the people causing what I believe was an issue were nudists. I like seeing naked women at the beach as much as anyone but this sort of behaviour I believe will turn women away.

SBN, frustrated and disappointed.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: More Awful Swimsuits Topic Next Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved