Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 410 ]  [ Total: 410 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Conservative / Family Nudist Resort - Trip Reports
 Club Orient
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Trip Report - Paradise Valley - Dawsonville, GA Topic Next Topic: Heading to Cypress Cove
Page: of 3

oldnudyman
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2016 :  08:55:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made a reservation at Club Orient for my wife and I for Jan. 23rd until Feb 2nd. We can't wait.
Any suggestions for restaurants or other activities outside of the resort.
We are staying in a mini-suite (only rooms available) so my question is -- Do they have regular coffee pots? We need our wake up coffee.

rkitek
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  12:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure all suites have coffee makers. Ours did. I took with me the Maxwell House bags that are sized for 4 cups, that way I didn't have to guess on filter type. I think the store (Le Boutique) has free coffee in the mornings as well. They have to-die-for pastries every morning for sale. Those are a must. Is this your first time?

oldnudyman
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  5:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rkitek

I'm sure all suites have coffee makers. Ours did. I took with me the Maxwell House bags that are sized for 4 cups, that way I didn't have to guess on filter type. I think the store (Le Boutique) has free coffee in the mornings as well. They have to-die-for pastries every morning for sale. Those are a must. Is this your first time?
That sounds good to me. What about things outside of the resort?

rkitek
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  6:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are not the "drive around the island and experience all the fine dining" types. We stay put to Club Orient, except for some of our lunches, which we walk down the beach for. We've only ate at three places down the beach, and two are no longer there. If you want a cheap lunch, then pizza at Orange Fever is the place you want. We are not big eaters, so one pizza will feeds us for lunch with enough leftover for lunch another day. And for only $20, including sodas and tip. We love Papagayo for both lunch and dinner. They usually have music and dancing.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  6:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a lot of good restaurants up the road in Grand Case. We've always liked Bistrot Caraibes, La Villa, or Spiga for dinner and the various "lolos" (Rib Shack, Talk of the Town, Sky's the Limit) or a cheap lunch. Big Fish just over the border on the Dutch side is fancy, but good. Ask the locals for some recommendations. We got directed to a family-run place on the Dutch side that was inexpensive and very good. I just wish I could remember the name of it!

I would also recommend you go out to eat early in your visit. After a few days, the necessity of getting dressed tends to become burdensome, and you may find yourself dining at Papagayo's and the Perch Bar all the time.

oldnudyman
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  08:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Naturistdoc. I will rent a car at the airport first thing so we can get around.

Edited by - oldnudyman on 10/27/2016 08:03:28 AM

pc1961
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  3:37:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since you are in busy season, make your car arrangements before you go. There are several Facebook groups related to SXM. Also, check out traveltalkonline.com. There are several good local car guys. Those site will give you their names.

There a great restaurant in Orient village named Le Piment. (French for the pepper). As Doc said, hit Grande Case. It gets dark there very early. Driving these hilly, curvy unfamiliar roads is challenging. I'd take a cab to Grand Case. I'd even drive to Orient Village unless I was walking with multiple others. The dark beaches are not totally safe at night.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  4:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I respectfully disagree with the recommendation to take a cab to GC. I've made the drive dozens of times without incident. It is indeed a hilly, curvy road, and some of the local motorcyclists apparently believe themselves to be immortal, but it's not quite the Bermuda Triangle. That being said, if you're the nervous sort it might be a good idea to drive to GC in the daytime first - lunch at one of the lolos? - to learn the lay of the land.

Billbp

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  4:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As mentioned the pastries are some of the best ive ever had. Each chalet has a full kitchen and coffee pot. Facing the beach to the left is the non nude part of the beach and many good places to eat that one can walk to. We mainly ate at the resort because we liked doing dinner in the nude. We also went to Grad Case and ate at a place call scubbies. It was simple but good. Its going to be hard to find a bad meal in St Martian.
We often times relied on recommendations from the front deck. All were just what we were looking for. They booked a nude cruse for us to St. Bart's which was amazing and found a jeweler for us who could make a piece we wanted. On the beach its popular to bring noddles to float on and to decorate your lounge chair area. My wife never wanted to leave. I told her we could stay, but we would miss the kids. So time to plan another trip soon.

pc1961
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  5:08:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doc,
You are braver than I am. I really wish for some street lights and better signage. In the daytime, I can navigate well. At night, it's much more difficult there. My wife is no help at all navigating day or night.

Maybe, I was lucky, but when we last went, June 2016, I saw a lot fewer of the sui-cycle riders. Maybe just a case of Darwinism and natural selection.

I also love Cupecoy and Happy Bay. Cupecoy and Dany's rum punch, ribs and chicken. Yes!

oldnudyman
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  6:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far everything sounds like it's coming together. Thanks for all the help, but keep it coming, as I making a list.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  12:33:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last time we were at Club O, there were a few days when the wind threatened to run us off the beach. But we discovered something that the old hands already knew. If the wind is high, don't park your beach chair close to the water. Move back 20 feet or so and the wind is much lighter.

I'm a little surprised nobody has mentioned Tiko Tiko Cruises. They're a little pricey, but hey, you're on vacation and naked in Paradise. Capt. Philippe has been doing cruises from Club O for 10 years and knows his business. Since you're going in high season, I'd suggest reserving a cruise on their website well in advance.

pc1961
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  1:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since you mentioned Tiko Tiko, I'll mention Paul's nude cruise(formerly known as Peggy and Pauls) http://www.nudetrips.net/index2.htm

We had a great time on it a few years ago.

We also did Tiko Tiko in 2011 when he still had the sailboat. Cruise to Tintamarre for the day. Lots of socializing but a bit boring for us. I can socialize on the beach at Club O. I preferred Peggy and Pauls around the island cruise.

Edited by - pc1961 on 10/28/2016 1:50:44 PM

ddoger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2016 :  12:44:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've done the Peggy and Paul minus Peggy trip about 6 times. We really enjoy it. (paul should have a punch card for multiple trips. LOL) Driving in St maarten is not a problem. on the other hand I've heard taking Cabs is pretty cheap. Enjoy your trip. We'll be there for almost the entire month of March.

oldnudyman
Forum Member

Posted - 12/15/2016 :  9:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5 weeks to go and we will be in St. Martin. Can't wait as this is a dream come true for this old guy.
Club Orient for 12 days.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  12:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Minimum amount of time to spend there! You'll be glad you did! First time we spent a week and on our last full day ... the Prof said ... "do we have to leave?" We didn't but had the second leg of our trip to do and we both wanted to visit Maine. After that ... 10-12 days minimum for St Martin and Club O.

Have a great trip!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Trip Report - Paradise Valley - Dawsonville, GA Topic Next Topic: Heading to Cypress Cove  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.17 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved