Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 432 ]  [ Total: 432 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Do co-workers know? If so, how do they respond?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ... Topic Next Topic: I was wondering something
Page: of 7

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  11:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My experience with this was not good. My ex-husband and I owned a small business for many years. After I casually mentioned one day that we enjoyed going to a particular clothing-optional hot spring, one of our employees began making subtle but leering references to it ... making "jokes" with the other employees, etc. It upset me, and my husband reprimanded him, but it went on for a while anyway. Eventually I fired him.

But I learned a lesson. I now work mostly in volunteer situations, and mention it to no one.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  2:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think of fellow employees as close friends, unless they show otherwise, so I don't share my personal life with them, except for the more innocuous things. After all, it's a mere co-incidence that we spend 8 hours a day together.

If someone proves him/herself trustworthy, understanding, and emotionally mature, I might tell them. I did bump into a former fellow employee at a nudist resort; it was a bit strange. He is not the most socially mature person you could hope to meet. Again, his knowing me to a little extent was purely co-incidental -- an act of the manager hiring him where I used to work, and not a volitional act of my own.

To my fellow employees I owe nothing except being courteous, co-operative, and maintaining harmony in the workplace. I choose my friends for who I discover them to be over time. If they have earned the privilege of knowing what I do with my life, I will share my being a nudist with them. Work is for money (and hopefully enjoyment) and off duty time is for nudism and other things. As Naturist Doc said in this thread, it it too bad we do have to compartmentalize, but if it weren't for the lack of maturity on the part of the average working stiff, we would not have to be that way, and could share who we really are.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

TheMagicDucky
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  5:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with warmskin on this one. I pick and choose what I tell my co-workers about my personal life. I told one co-worker who started the conversation basically him talking about he and his wife go nude on their 40 acres out in the country. He'd say he'd get on his tractor to mow, and just disrobe, and his wife liked to work out in their garden without clothes. Told him, invited them out to camp, and explained what all was out there. He wanted to go, but his wife wasn't comfortable with it. On the other hand, most of our friends, and all of our family members know, and think it's a hoot. Just not for them.

Just your average mallard.

HappyDaz
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  10:08:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As in Honeysuckle's situation, we also own a small business and the people employed there are aware that we're nudists. There have been comments here and there but no one's made an issue of it. We take trips down to Cypress Cove several times a year and we don't keep where we're going a secret. I'm also employed the corporate sector. Being a nudist is personal choice and I'm carefull with whom I share that information. I respect other people's privacy, I expect them to respect mine.

blackrebel
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  11:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit blackrebel's Homepage  Send blackrebel an AOL message  Send blackrebel a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was in the Transplant Games in Pittsburgh in July and was close to White Thorn Lodge and visited for the first time. The games were for 4 days and after the first day I left for 2 days to visit WTL. My team members masked where I was and I told them I went swimming and to play volleyball and told them White Thorn Lodge, but didnt tell them it was a nudist resort. Some folks from Pittsburgh knew about WTL and didnt say a word but smiled as they walked away.

No shame

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  8:09:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before I retired I had several co-workers that also had interest in the nudist lifestyle, after suggesting different locations to visit we found ourselves visiting the same club, I was as comfortable nude around them as I was around any other nudist, We even shared a few meals together. I even had a neighbor who was a nudist. When we all take off the clothes we are the same.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  12:50:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like my cover is about to be blown. I'm going in for surgery in a week or so, and the nature of the surgery will make my lack of tan lines obvious to all. I can't say I'm particularly concerned about it. In fact, it might be interesting to see how different people react ... or if they react at all.

RichNKaren
Forum Member

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  09:13:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit RichNKaren's Homepage  Send RichNKaren a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck with the surgery Doc

As far as the thread is concerned now - I used to work as a Ballroom Dance Instructor. And I do tan quite heavilly - very dark. The ladies would always ask if they could see my tan lines. I would simple jog my wedding band to show them my tan line. And they would giggle.

But this served two (2) purposes, I had A tan line and I AM MARRIED. As far as any other tan lines, we did not discuss it, if they pushed, I would show them my watch line lol

Never went any further

Rich&Karen

bnbngeorgia
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  12:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's amazing what a hot tub can do to relax people! We don't invite people, including coworkers, to our home unless we get to know them well over dinner or a few drinks. During the normal casual conversation, our hot tub will always come up. People's reactions to the presence of a hot tub vary from matter-of-fact to "oh, really".

When we ultimately invite people to our home, it's up to them whether or not to enjoy the hot tub. In most cases, they already know how relaxing a hot tub and are just waiting for an invitation. We casually mention that we normally don't use swimsuits but will gladly wear them if they prefer. It's amazing how many people will take the opportunity to be nude in that situation and think nothing of being coworkers or other close friends. It's nothing to come out of the house in a towel, then drop it off at the edge of the tub. After a relaxing soak, we generally sit around the deck with a towel or nothing at all on. We have certainly gotten to know a lot of people a lot better that way!

Smithy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  11:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some of my co-workers know i prefer being nude. they think i'm mad, most people at work who know me think i'm mad or at least a little bit tilted. when I'm welding or grinding i wear an apron to stop the sparks burning my overall i had to lable it so it wont get stolen (yes, that actually happens) i wrote the words 'naked welder on it' as in 'naked chef' management have seen the lable, they also think i'm mad. i tell them 90% of poeple are normal, that makes it a very common state of mind, i don't like being common.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  3:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

It looks like my cover is about to be blown. I'm going in for surgery in a week or so, and the nature of the surgery will make my lack of tan lines obvious to all. I can't say I'm particularly concerned about it. In fact, it might be interesting to see how different people react ... or if they react at all.

One thing I do to prevent the lack of tan lines is to put SP65 sunblocker on my derriere and its frontal counterpart. On the rest of me, I put a lower SP rating. That way, I have the best of both worlds. NaturistDoc might appreciate that I had a urethectomy performed on me. If anybody had a good look at my strong presence of a tan line, the folks operating on me sure did!!

“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can
prevent the government from wasting the labors of
the people under the pretense of taking care of them”
-- Thomas Jefferson

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  4:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by honeysuckle

After I casually mentioned one day that we enjoyed going to a particular clothing-optional hot spring, one of our employees began making subtle but leering references to it ... making "jokes" with the other employees, etc.

I have to wonder if these clowns might have actually envied you, in their quiet moments. Their problem might have been that they lacked the courage to try nudisn. People who joke a lot about one particular thing, sometimes laugh to cover their cowardice and nervousness.

“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can
prevent the government from wasting the labors of
the people under the pretense of taking care of them”
-- Thomas Jefferson

olwino1
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  12:10:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have told a few of my coworkers ( both male and female ) and most have just chuckled and smiled a bit . A couple have said wow thats great you are so lucky . You have to be very carefull in the corporate world . Just a simple comment can be turned into a HR nightmare . In my case if I was ever called to the carpet regarding my nudisim I would have to truthfully say I am doing nothing wrong or illegal in a private setting and with this my choices remain none of my employers business . Having said that... I also have to say I do not work around children or in a religious setting . Not that being naked privately makes me a threat to anyone but we have all heard the horror stories . I try to practice being both smart and comfortable with my lifestyle choices .

Nudejoe
Forum Member

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  9:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have told a few friends at work. There has been some good natured teasing but they do not have a problem with it. Some are even curious as to what the experience is like. I wonder if some of them might considering trying it.

nudedude56
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  12:40:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, our friends and co-workers know that I love to be naked. They kind of expect that at some point they'll see me get naked. Whether at the beach or camping or just in the yard it feels great and i know that some of them would like to join in. Especially out in the sun, it just feels great and free!!!!

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ... Topic Next Topic: I was wondering something  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved