Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 230 ]  [ Total: 230 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Does your family know you are a Nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...
Page: of 18

chris_gm

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  07:13:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't say I'm a "nudist", but I think my parents (who I live with) know I like to be naked. I sleep nude a lot and I close the door to my room when I have nothing on, mostly because I'm still kind of shy about my body. Of course, I've seen my parents nude from time to time, and there are times where we'd all wear almost nothing around the house because it's too hot to wear clothes.

At times I'd like to throw caution to the wind and not wear anything at all, which I'm sure my dad would do the same. However, I get embarassed at the thought of my mom seeing my erection all the time.

windowphobe
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  8:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit windowphobe's Homepage  Send windowphobe an AOL message  Send windowphobe an ICQ Message  Send windowphobe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't make a habit of mentioning it at every opportunity, but I'm pretty sure that anyone who really wants to know already does, along with a few who probably wish they didn't know.

bk-yd-nude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  10:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just this evening, called my oldest son... he and his family are coming to visit late this month ... told him his mother and I are enjoying time at our local nudist venue. His reaction ??? MOM??? whoa, that is too cool. I told him we would take him and his wife out to the resort to show them around, then leave them our motorhome for a long weekend, while Mom and I babysit our 4 grandkids. Got a very positive reaction and he said they have been to a simular resort so won't have any problem enjoying themselves. Then he suggested we might get someone else to watch the young ones and all enjoy the resort. I have not yet broached the subject, but our resort is very family friendly and we will see if the kids want to come along. Suspect the 13 year old granddaughter will be reluctant, but then again, we thought our son would be shocked and upset. we have several more son's and daughter-in-laws to inform, but doubt there will be any problems with them. The one we told first was the one we were not sure about. :)

bk-yd-nude

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  10:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before my stepdaughter and ten year old granddaughter moved in with me last October I told them that I was a nudist. I told them that I would not practice nudity around the house if they were at all uncomfortable with it. My stepdaughter said she would not be uncomfortable, but she was concerned about her daughter. During the winter months, when it's a little too cool for nude comfort in the house, it wasn't much of a sacrifice on my part to wear clothes, but now that the warm weather has arrived in Cincinnati it has become more difficult. So a few days ago I offered to take both the girls to the local nude resort, where I belong, for a brief drive-through tour. I was hoping that the pool and other facilities would be sufficiently attractive that they might be willing to try my preferred life style. It would also eliminate the cost of summer day care if my granddaughter was to accompany me to club.

Just a couple of days ago, on a rather hot evening after dinner, I suggested that we go out to the club for a swim in the pool. To my utter amazement they both agreed to go. Although my stepdaughter kept her clothes on and didn't go in the pool her daughter went skinny dipping with her grandpa, and a few others, and had a great time. She said she was ready to go back anytime. This experience has led to a change in attitude regarding my nudity around the house. The house has now been officially designated Clothing Optional.

Life is good,
Bill

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  10:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have heard from persons who have the gamut of answers, as to whether they divulge their naturism. I envy those who can be naked with other family members present. I now live by myself and am naked around the house much of the time (including now).

In the case of my family, we were brought up that nakedness is bad.

When my little sister was about 4 (she is now 62) she stripped naked outdoors, because little children are natural naturists. Mother spanked her bare bottom.

At age 13 Mother caught me naked. I then was just enjoying the air on my bare skin, like a naturist. Mother thought I was sexually playing with myself, and she lectured me.

I wasn't until age 55 that I first visited the nude beach. I now have been a naturist longer than a decade.

Naturally, Lester

jeanluc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  4:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My brother mentioned to the family years ago that he had gone to some nudist get-togethers when he was living in LA. Most everyone thought he was just adding to the weirdness that we expected of him. However as time goes on, I find myself wanting to spend some time socializing with other nudists. I was showering the other morning and my daughter (25yrs) answered the phone for me. I went to the kitchen and took it in the nude. She kind of shyed away and didn't look. I had told her earlier that if she sees me nude and was uncomfortable with it to tell me. So I think she knows, whether she is ok with it or not. I would like to discuss it more with her, but my wife is pretty adament that nudity is for showering, etc and not for wandering around the house, so I may wait a bit. No one else knows or suspects that I am a closet-nudist.

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  2:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jeanluc, Maybe in the long run there is hope. Last year when I told my wife I was going to a nudist resort she thought the plan 'disgusting.'

Last Saturday I participated in a Clothing Optional 5K Run or Walk Race along with 159 other participants the great majority of whom were nude (discounting footware and headware). My wife was interested and asked me several questions about the event. She was entertained by my description of the fun time three children all under 10 were having around the pool and at the award ceremony. I finished 149th.

Best Wishes, Jim

jaam

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  5:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Everybody....
We haven't posted in awhile,but most of our family know we are naturist, and I'm most certain that all of our friends do. They all know to call before they visit, but for the most part, they are all respectful of the way we choose to live our lives together, and the way we raise our family.
...whew...how's that for a run on sentence.

Jarrod & Amanda

jaam

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  5:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Everybody....
We haven't posted in awhile,but most of our family know we are naturist, and I'm most certain that all of our friends do. They all know to call before they visit, but for the most part, they are all respectful of the way we choose to live our lives together, and the way we raise our family.
...whew...how's that for a run on sentence.

Jarrod & Amanda

turtlendragonfly
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  11:37:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some of our family knows but not all. on my side only my brother knows, and of course my uncle and aunt know(the are nudist). as for my wifes side of the family, both her parents know and are cool with it. but no one else.
as for friends, they know
as for co workers, none of mine know and one of hers knows, but that is her best friend!
i don't feel the need to broadcast it to everyone. those who i think would be open to knowing may find out one day.
those who i know who would have issues with it, will never know. we look at it as a person form of expression. it is who we are when we want to be and time and life allow us to be. i don't want to forse my beliefs on someone not willing to look at the issue from more than one side.

flexus42
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  08:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit flexus42's Homepage  Send flexus42 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've made no secret of it but I don't flaunt it either. I'm not sure those who are aware of my interest in nudism take me seriously. My wife tolerates my nudity at home and my DIL is probably the most supportive as she has similar attitudes about nudity.

08/26/07
My DIL noticed the directions to a nearby resort on a post-it note in my truck and inquired about it, She knows that I've been to a couple of resorts and she's cool about it. We had a good discussion about nudism. She's very supportive.

Rick

"Nakie is good. Nakie is free. Nakie is...NAKIE!"

Edited by - flexus42 on 08/26/2007 09:12:28 AM

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  7:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because I am dubious about telling my friends about my nudist activities, I came upon a situation that called for a white lie. At a gathering of my friends, they commented on my tan. Then somebody asked which beach I go to. I dare not tell them Sandy Hook, because the nude beach is well known; although Sandy Hook also has about six textiler beaches. So I told them two other NJ beaches (textiler) that I happen to have been to while clothed -- Point Pleasant and Island Beach.

They commented on my tan, but I can't tell them that I have an overall tan.

I wish I could be more open about my nudist activities. Unfortunately they are of the nudity = sex mindset.

Naturally, Catbird

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  05:31:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why could you not educate them Catbird that nudism and sex are two different things. You had the golden opportunity to rectify their narrow thoughts on the subjectAs long as the public think that way the longer we as nudists will have to be in the closet. Most of our textile friends know my wife are practicing nudists and we have had a positive response from them.

Tuffers

JustSomeGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  2:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nobody but myself, my girlfriend, and her friend who is staying with us temporarily know that I'm nude anytime it's warm enough. They're accepting of it. I'm only naked at the house though. My woman is *way* too jealous for me to ever think about going to any social nudist location, and I'm not sure that would be comfortable for me anyway as I'm struggling with just being nude in front of our 1 guest. I think maybe a couple of our close friends know, but I'm not sure. I don't advertise it. Certainly I'd never just bring it up in a conversation, as to me it's not some kind of hobby or activity that needs to be "recognized", so to speak. So yeah, parents don't know, co-workers don't know, and the only ones who either I suspect know or outright know are a few close friends.

claudiababe

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  03:11:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit claudiababe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was not born into a nudist family and therefore I was taught that one should not go around without their clothes on.Being nude in front of others was acceptable only in certain situations and only for the short time it was required.

They don't know!!!

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.28 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved