Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 451 ]  [ Total: 451 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Does your family know you are a Nudist?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...
Page: of 18

IslandGirl
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  3:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a question I have discussed with many people from time to time. Some have said their family knows and it is accepted, others say that their family wouldn't understand and so keep it a secret. I would like to know others views on this....

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  11:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My family knows. Because of my openness, my sister is a nudist for about 3 or so years as is her youngest son. My 92 yr. old mother-in-law knows we have skinny dipped, but I'm not sure she would understand what naturism would be, or remember it after we told her. :)

People at work know as do people at the synagogue to which I belong and am active in the Sisterhood. More discovered that fact after I was on a Turner South's cable show this summer (I am told that Episode 213 of Liars & Legends still play). I was the narrator.

I wore a button for National Nude Recreation Week a month or so ago and discovered other faculty are also skinny dippers.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

jbl1975
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2002 :  11:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Send jbl1975 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is a question I have discussed with many people from time to time. Some have said their family knows and it is accepted, others say that their family wouldn't understand and so keep it a secret. I would like to know others views on this....

Well my mother knows, as well as at least one of my friends. I have all but ceased from talking to some people about my experiences, as that my views and experiences are best kept to myself, plus a couple of girls failed to fully mention to me they didn't want to hear about it at all.
I'm 27 and only really been practicing it for about 4 years now. I went to Turtle Lake in Michigan for the first time in 1998, and didn't return until 2001 while I did some soul searching to figure out how I wanted to approach this lifestyle.
My mother kind of laughs at it, as that I grew up so personally prude around my parents that I wouldn't even let them see me in my underwear, muchless naked.
My only desire right now would be to find a female companion between 17 and 27 to share the lifestyle with me, but I already know that that is hard to do.

usvera
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  5:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit usvera's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am afraid I don't believe social nudism is a 'Lifestyle'... I think it is a very basic... healthy... normal and important part of life itself... and all of my family and friends have seen me nude on many occassions... it is simply part of living..!

Bare Hugz... Vera, the Sun Devil

www.DiabloSunDevils.com

jbl1975
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  11:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Send jbl1975 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I believe it is personally, because anybody can just walk around their house naked, for crying out loud single males living alone do it all the time.

When I told an ex-girlfriend (who, because of losing her, is partially why I started studying up on the lifestyle) that nudism is natural, she's like "So is going to the bathroom, but do I want to see that?"

My problems were between the above mentioned girl and another girl whom she and I joked about going to a nude resort and sneaking off somewhere to...you know the rest, I got really into the nude lifestyle as a desprate batchelor. Therefore I found myself using it as a tool to find the right girl, and basically you may as well just tell the girl you like sex, because it conveys the same message. So then I found myself trying to shove it down some girls' throats (the ex-gf above being one of them), then trying the skinny dipping approach, but that didn't work, etc. In August 1999, I nearly set the whole thing aside in fear of myself, then another girl came in claiming she loved to skinnydip, etc. She and I dated for a little bit, but I found out she was a compulsive liar.

In 2000, I had decided that I will only do it if the girl I meet would be interested. If not I won't do it. I thought this was gonna happen again with another girl, but as I learn, just because they love sex and being nude doesn't mean they're gonna go to a nude resort with you.

So in 2001, I finally made the decision to do it for ME and ME only. I returned in September 2001, and I enjoyed my stay there, but I got worried about myself again when I saw two beautiful teenage girls enter the indoor pool, and after they left I had to call it a day because I was fighting to keep my eyes off them. I felt wierd, but the good folks in the rec.nude newsgroup inspired me to not worry about it, so I went back three times this year and possibly a fourth time soon.

Basically I don't talk about my experiences, as that I don't feel like making an @$$ of myself, so I keep my feelings to myself from now on. I just hope that one day the right girl will walk into my life, whether nudist or not, then I can make an ultimate decision.

usvera
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  3:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit usvera's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If it is a "Lifestyle" you have to "study up on and learn" Jonathan... I wonder why you were born nude..?

It seems to me someone had to teach you the "Lifestyle" of wearing clothing... so I would say that being nude is quite normal... natural... and healthy..!

The Diablo Sun Devils... a nudist club primarily for the benefit of women everywhere..!

http://www.DiabloSunDevils.com

Devils@DiabloSunDevils.com

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  3:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lifestyle is the way you live: life & style.

We definitely are taught body shame. Children (especially young children) are natural nudists.

People are all nudists to some extent. People bathe without clothes. Nudist take it further. There are private nudists who enjoy nudity/nudism in their homes and there are social nudists, those who enjoy spending times with others of like minds.

Nudism is not for everyone, but I believe people who have not investigated or tried something for themselves, should not put it down.

Regards :)
Cheri
http://pages.prodigy.net/travelites

-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 08/24/2002 08:13:29 AM

jbl1975
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  01:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Send jbl1975 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
First off, I was never knocking it. When I got into it, there were a lot of activities nudists did at resorts that I wouldn't do nude, but probably would now.

Second, how the HELL does everybody find out my name on these boards? Is there something about these specific BBs that are not secure? The Ted Nugent boards have some guy who, because I don't agree with his views, blasts my full name for everyone to see!

jbl1975
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  01:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Send jbl1975 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I can definately say I am at least a private nudist who would like to become a social nudist, but can't fine the girl for that. I have spent time with a girl behind closed doors nude almost the whole time, but never outside with one.

In fact the girl whom I had the argument with about nudism spent her time naked with me a lot, but behind closed doors. Another girl I tried for, who loves being naked indoors, is a tad leery about going to a nude resort.

You're right I need to learn but I am learning.

jbl1975
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  01:48:16 AM  Show Profile  Send jbl1975 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Second, how the HELL does everybody find out my name on these boards? Is there something about these specific BBs that are not secure? The Ted Nugent boards have some guy who, because I don't agree with his views, blasts my full name for everyone to see!

Oh DUH! It's in my profile! Sorry. LOL

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  08:12:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why do you need a female companion? Visiting a nudist/naturist venue is appropriate and perhaps what you need to start getting comfortable with yourself. I have read your posts on rec.nude.

Regards, Cheri

http://pages.prodigy.net/travelites

-
-

jbl1975
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  10:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Send jbl1975 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh so you're THAT Cheri? Nice to see ya here.

Well I've ALWAYS wanted a female companion or soulmate, even before being interested in nudism, and although I tend to get along fine at Turtle Lake, it would make me feel a little better maybe. I'm sick of being alone, I guess that's it.

usvera
Forum Member

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  6:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit usvera's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everyone knows that I am a nudist and a naturist... I think..!

The Diablo Sun Devils... a nudist club primarily for the benefit of women everywhere..!

http://www.DiabloSunDevils.com

Devils@DiabloSunDevils.com

sunnygrapes

Posted - 12/31/2002 :  10:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MY WIFE WAS A NUDIST WHEN I MET HER AND SHE INTRODUCED ME TO SOCIAL NUDITY. I AM INTO THE SOCIAL NUDITY MORE THAN SHE IS NOW. I HAVE NOTICED THE SINGLE MEN AT OUR CAMP ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WOMEN WHO ARE AT LEAST OPEN TO SOCIAL NUDITY BUT THATS EASIER SAID THAN DONE.I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF I LOST MY WIFE AND HAD TO GO 2 CAMP ALONE. THE BIGGEST PART OF CAMP IS, ENJOYING SOCAIL NUDITY WITH THE ONE YOU LOVE. I FEEL FOR THE MEN AND WOMEN OUT THERE WHO LOVE THE SOCIAL NUDITY BUT NO ONE TO ENJOY IT WITH.

thomas brice

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/31/2002 :  3:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thomas, It is unfortunate that women in general are not open to nudism at first, but when they do accept it as part of a couple, the women are usually the more avid nudists.

I'm happy my family knows I am a nudist, introduced my sister and one of her sons to the lifestyle. Should I ever loose my husband for whatever reason, I would have to marry another nudist. I've been enjoying clothes freedom for over 35 years, wouldn't have it any other way.
Regards,
Cheri

-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 12/31/2002 3:49:36 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/01/2003 :  08:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've posted on other BB's, this is my first time here on this site.

Nice to see some familiar "posters" here too.

This past summer, my wife and I decided we could not continue to lie to our grown children about our lifestyle. We were getting caught in little white lies, one after another. We couldn't seem to get our stories straight.

We came clean one day and have not regretted it. It was difficult for our children to understand the first week or two. They were verbally supportive, but had lots of questions and a real concern about nudism and sex going hand in hand. We sat with them a few times after the initial discussion and allowed them to ask us anything. The weight of the world subsided when we answered their questions about free for all sex.

So for us, our children knowing and supporting us as well as nudists friends, several couples now, is all that really matters. We have some really close friends that do not know and are not nudists. My wife fears if they find out we will loose their friendship. Of course after we talk she usually says,"if they don't like us after they find out, they weren't real friends anyway."

We will not shy away from talking about our lifestyle to anyone, but we don't bring up the subject.

I think if you're thinking about telling someone, and these people are real important in your life, you so go ahead and talk to them about it. They may surprise you in their reaction positively.

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.41 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved